Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

eXeem and the selling out of the BT community

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby LocK » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:21 pm

xxxsidxxx wrote:oh, come on...Andrej owns eXeem, the domain, and WE BOTH know whos dev'ing this p2p app...not sure if his bro. is involved with eXeem or not at this point...

do you want slonceks phone number? give him a call, and call him out...

I already said I don't care who owns/codes eXeem, so long as there are constant updates and improvements. If I get that, I could care less who is developing it.
LocK

Postby xxxsidxxx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:30 pm

you know what...you can get almost exactly what sloncek is offering with exeem...oh, but its spyware free...and its available now to everyone...

its called BitLord...
http://www.bitlord.com/

-> ADVERT -> "BitLord is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc." <- END ADVERT <-
xxxsidxxx

Postby Nas » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:34 pm

You have absolutely no evidence for any of your claims. Get some and all those with a brain might consider listening.
Nas

Postby xxxsidxxx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:37 pm

what do you mean, no evidence...

i can prove:

-who owns the domain
-that a fake company was created
-that sloncek lied on novaradio
-that Cydoor is now embedded into exeem
-that exeem DID operate at one time with no spyware embedded
-that there are major problems with exeem, that sloncek admits too

etc...
xxxsidxxx

Postby Nas » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:41 pm

Who owns the domain is no evidence at all. I officially own the domain of a site of one of my clients, that doesn't mean I have anything to do with the site. We know whoever is making it is trying to stay covert - revealing themselves as the domain registrars would be stupid.

You can't prove a fake company exists. You can't prove that Sloncek lied.

Cydoor is not spyware, it's adware. It was once considered spyware a long time ago.

Major problems exists in any testing application. That's why it's in testing, duh.

Oh, and you don't understand the principles behind decentralised networks.
Nas

Postby xxxsidxxx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:20 pm

IFG Trust Services is the "current" location of exeem.com/org...

IFG helps setup offshore companies...

sooo...swarm systems inc. is a company setting up shop in St.kitts...

now, is this swarm systems inc, the same as swarm systems gaming league?...if so...then they are based out of arizona...now, why do all emails to swarm, and exeem come back dead?, and the phone numbers are all incomplete, or disconnected...

no one will ever know...
xxxsidxxx

Postby bean999 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:25 pm

Chill out xxxsidxxx 8)

Some of your concerns have been aired at a more leisurely pace in this other exeem thread.

The registration change - noticed by a few people and one member has kept copies. So there's some agreement that the whole thing is shady, but people take different views - some mind, some don't.

And it's proprietary - that's not popular (& I don't like it) but some people seem ok with it.

And the same with cydoor - some don't mind, I feel I do so I won't be using anything containing adware including exeem but I'm interested and may like to use something similar (adfree) in the future.

In the meantime we seem to have run out of speculation in the other thread so...we need facts m8 :)
bean999

Re: eXeem and the selling out of the BT community

Postby Psycho Ced » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:12 am

LocK wrote:Well, it was only a couple people, but I didn't want to call anyone out; I'm not here to troll. This whole thread is part rumors, part speculation, and very little fact. I mean, someone a couple posts up said that sloncek bought a new car with the money from SN. Unless you live next to him, go to school with him, or have seen pictures of him next to a new car, how are you going to know that?
In other threads, people were saying that sloncek was really working for the MPAA, and its all a giant trap to catch P2P'ers. :roll: :lol:

Ok, sorry Lock, the way I took it was not the way you ment it.

Anyways the main issues here are; the third company software as well as a verification system. Not that I am here to speak for everyone else on this site, but; I don't think anyone here really cares about anything else.
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby red duck » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:14 am

do you want slonceks phone number? give him a call, and call him out...

you were refering to lock, is the offer alo valid for me?

edit

you know what...you can get almost exactly what sloncek is offering with exeem...oh, but its spyware free...and its available now to everyone...

its called BitLord...
http://www.bitlord.com/

BitLord needs Windows 95/98/NT/2k/XP to work

so much about the great program......
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby KaMiKaZe » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:59 am

I think you can't really judge eXeem, because you'll have to test it for yourself.

Of course there's spyware in it, and personally I NEVER install this kind of software. But it doesn't mean that the whole eXeem project is sh*t.

You know, some time ago an unknown company (metamachine) released eDonkey. eDonkey contains spyware. But the metamachine team were openminded, and they decided to collaborate with the new eMule team and everybody knows what result it gave: edonkey2000.

On the other hand, there's sharman networks with the famous KaZaA. They adopted another strategy: they methodically destroy any attempt to improve the fasttrack network, because their primary motivation is the cash they are earning from the ads contained in kazaa media desktop. Until now they are constantly attempting to completely shut down any site hosting a copy of kazaa lite.

So my conclusion is: Wait and See. Maybe eXeem will adopt the metamachine strategy, or maybe the sharman networks strategy...
KaMiKaZe

Postby j_dogg » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:33 pm

Another thread similiar to this over at 666forums.tk (See Here)

IMO with such a bad start eXeem will never make it. Closed source, adaware and a concept that never was goign to work. I say Loki will have a much better chance at revolutionising BT by seeting a precedent ruling.
j_dogg

Postby Allied » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:15 pm

There's no spyware, just 1 ad banner.
...that was taken after installing .17beta.

After removing all that and restarting eXeem the banner was gone.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby red duck » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:29 pm

@ allied

is it possible that they will bundle spyware in a pulic beta?
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby Allied » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:39 pm

No. We(the beta testers) have all known about the ad banner from the start. Sloncek even ponited out that the version of Cydoor that will be used will only run when eXeem is started and will only create the 1 banner.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Leiflvr » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:42 pm

Just to add my 2 cents, the things that xxxsidxxx is claiming to know are really beyond his ability to know. You have yet to offer 100% proof of what you are talking about. Great you ran a whois on exeem.org, brilliant. I wonder why the MPAA and RIAA don't just hire someone to sit and run whois queries all day and tell the cops where they all reside :roll: .

In terms of the SN forums, I'm an active member there and have not seen this mass of thread closings etc that you are talking about. The only ones that get closed are the 500th "when does exeem come out?" threads and really after about 10 of those can you really blame them? There is another site that is being set up by former mods from SN called BTsource.org but I hardly think that is an indication of infighting.

eXeem is supposed to come out this week so why not chill out till then and if what you say is true, I will comeback and apologize to you in huge font.
Leiflvr

Postby clowne » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:05 am

The problem with eXeem is that it is not DE-CENTRALIZED like Sloncek wants you to believe, it requires users to leave their eXeem open, so that they can become Super-Nodes. Even if you are not uploading or downloading, eXeem requires you to leave it open so it can bounce, or store info on your machine. More profit for Sloncek, and more traffic on your internet connection. Without users having to leave eXeem open, the whole eXeem network comes to a screeching halt.

That the way a lot of decenterlized networks work. In gnutella they have ultra-peers, in G2 they have hubs.
clowne

Postby Allied » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:40 pm

I've been able to use Ad-Aware to get rid of cydoor and the ads in eXeem ever since .18. But yesterday the adds started showing up, and Ad-watch stopped minimizing to the system tray.
Now whenever I run Ad-Aware I get 1 single critical entry,

When I try to remove it while eXeem is running Ad-Aware crashes,
If eXeem is off, Ad-Aware will get rid of it. But as soon as I start eXeem, it'll show up again.

Thats not conclusive proof that eXeem is doing more than show me adds. But when I decided to click on of the ads in eXeem, there was something in the url of the ad that stood out right away,
http://dist.belnk.com/4/message/1485/lp/LPAW.html?q=cD01NzkmZD03NTY4MyZlbD0xJnc9UWZVV0tncjVCcGNBQUJtS1p1VQ%3D%3D&h=http%3A%2F%2Fnetwork.realmedia.com%2FRealMedia%2Fads%2Fclick_lx.ads%2Fregalinteractive%2Fcombo%2Fron%2Flwn%2Fss%2Fa%2F239051920%2FPosition1%2FOasDefault%2FBCN2004120181_01_Claria%2F247bannerwithclicktrack_new.html%2F34326239353534343431663833313230%3F&iframe=1

realmedia.com is the comment in the cookie thats created every time I start eXeem.

The conclusion I'm coming to is that eXeem creates tracking cookies. These cookies are also avoiding ad-watch somehow. Which would be classified as spyware.

eXeem is off and staying off.
Unless someone wants to show me that this is all some big mistake?
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby bean999 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:41 pm

Allied wrote:Unless someone wants to show me that this is all some big mistake?

No I can't say it's a mistake despite my post here. I should add (to that post) that tho ad-aware found nothing and spybot just one folder (empty) - ad-aware did find 3 cookies, didn't examine them, assumed they were from browsing, just let ad-aware delete. I'm not putting exeem back in my system just to check :)

Thx for this info.
bean999

Previous

Return to BitTorrent