Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

In World First, Danish Court Rules Stream-Ripping Site Illegal

What's happening in the technology world! Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

In World First, Danish Court Rules Stream-Ripping Site Illegal

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Story : https://torrentfreak.com/in-world-first-danish-court-rules-stream-ripping-site-i

Convert2MP3 is a site that allows users to download audio from platforms including YouTube. Following legal action carried out by Rights Alliance on behalf of music industry group IFPI, Convert2MP3 has been declared unlawful by a Danish court which has now ordered ISPs to block it. It's the first time worldwide that a so-called stream-ripping site has been declared illegal.

While millions of users still obtain pirate music from peer-to-peer platforms such as BitTorrent, in recent years a new challenge has appeared on the horizon.

Sites like YouTube, which offer millions of copies of almost every song imaginable, are now an unwitting player in the piracy ecosystem. Every day, countless people use special tools to extract music from video tracks before storing them on their local machines.

This so-called ‘stream-ripping’ phenomenon is now cited as being one of the greatest piracy threats to the record labels but thus far, no single action has been able to stem the tide.

:(

bookmarked. glad i'm not in denmark, i imagine there will now be a flood of blockings there

MrFredPFL

Return to Tech/Internet/Other News