Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

PrimeWire Becomes Unusable After Malicious Ad ‘Takeover’

What's happening in the technology world! Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

PrimeWire Becomes Unusable After Malicious Ad ‘Takeover’

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Story : https://torrentfreak.com/primewire-becomes-unusable-after-malicious-ad-takeover-

Popular pirate streaming link site Primewire has become unusable. Instead of directing visitors to copies of the latest TV-shows and movies, the site points them to malicious advertisements. Whether this is intentional or the result of a hostile takeover is unknown.

The site originally started as LetMeWatchThis and later became 1Channel. After several of its domains were hijacked the operator eventually landed at Primewire.ag.

That was five years ago and nothing significant has changed since then. At least, nothing that was noticeable to the public at large. Despite a few ISP blockades here and there, the site functioned normally.

This changed a few days ago when we noticed that the Primewire.ag DNS records were updated to EuroDNS, which caused the site to become unreachable.

Around the same time, the flow of new content also stopped on the backup domain Primewire.is, while existing links all changed to advertisements.

i've got a bad feeling about this one. i hope i'm wrong.

MrFredPFL

Re: PrimeWire Becomes Unusable After Malicious Ad ‘Takeover’

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:51 pm

all indications, imo, are pointing at primewire themselves as the cause of this. at least one commenter at TF says it's a war on adblocking. u couldn't pay me to turn off adblocking on that site. RIP primewire.
MrFredPFL

Return to Tech/Internet/Other News