Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

‘Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Pirated 90 Million Times’

News about the world of entertainment. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

‘Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Pirated 90 Million Times’

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Story : https://torrentfreak.com/game-of-thrones-season-7-premiere-pirated-90-million-ti

Data published by the piracy monitoring firm MUSO suggests that the season opener of Game of Thrones was pirated 90 million times. Most of the traffic was generated by unauthorized streaming services, with torrent downloads making up a small fraction of the total, less than ten percent.

Like every year, the torrent download figures quickly ran into the millions. However, little is known about the traffic that goes to streaming portals, which have outgrown traditional file-sharing sites in recent years.

According to MUSO, the premiere episode of the seventh season of Game of Thrones has been pirated more than 90 million times in only three days. A massive number, which is largely driven by streaming traffic.

Exactly 77,913,032 pirate views came from streaming portals, while public torrent traffic sits in second place with 8,356,382 downloads. Another 4,949,298 downloads are linked to direct download sites, while the remaining 523,109 come from private torrents.

MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Re: ‘Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Pirated 90 Million Ti

Postby Royce » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:21 pm

MUSO operating protocol
1. Fill office spaces with computer terminals and intelligent looking mannequins.
2. Speak in a british accent so that everyone will know you're an expert.
3. Extract, extrapolate, analyze, and cleanse databases
4. Lubricate, lubricate, lubricate...do not forget this step.
5. Pull numbers directly out of your ass.
The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling.
- Paula Poundstone
Royce

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Royce wrote:5. Pull numbers directly out of your ass.

i enjoyed "Exactly 77,913,032" views. for everyone else, it's hard to track. for these guys, no problem, they know it right down to the exact number :lol:

i do find the ratio of downloads versus streaming they report interesting, tho.
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Postby Royce » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

While not a big streamer myself, I have setup many a firestick for family and friends. A huge part of quality streaming is constant scraping of lists to determine which streams are still live. I assume that even if they have some relevant data that this alone would skew the numbers massively
The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling.
- Paula Poundstone
Royce

Return to Entertainment News