Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

AlphaBay, Hansa Shut, but Drug Dealers Flock to Dark Web DreamMarket

What's happening in the technology world! Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

AlphaBay, Hansa Shut, but Drug Dealers Flock to Dark Web DreamMarket

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Story : http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alphabay-hansa-shut-drug-dealers-flock-dark-

Two of the largest online black-market sites have been shuttered in a law enforcement crackdown, but drug dealers have moved in a hurry to a third "dark net" emporium, where listings of fentanyl and heroin have already spiked, according to analysts.

The newfound popularity of DreamMarket highlights the whack-a-mole challenges of policing drugs sold online even as government officials touted the the death of the other two sites, AlphaBay and Hansa.

The Drug Enforcement Administration and the Justice Department announced Thursday that AlphaBay — described as a major source of fentanyl and heroin that has been linked to overdose deaths — had been seized and closed down.

Alphabay and Hansa advertised drugs, chemicals, counterfeit documents, weapon and computer malware among many other items and services, cloaking users in anonymity. Authorities said AlphaBay alone was responsible for at least a billion dollars worth of commerce, using bitcoin and other crypto-currencies.

MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus

Re: AlphaBay, Hansa Shut, but Drug Dealers Flock to Dark Web

Postby bigboxes » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:17 pm

I checked out some dark market sites when I was in Cyber Security classes last summer. Just about anything is available online for the uninitiated.
bigboxes

Return to Tech/Internet/Other News