Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The Pirate Bay Shows Signs of Life Following Raid

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

The Pirate Bay Shows Signs of Life Following Raid

Postby sunnyd » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:29 am

There has been some activity on the Pirate Bay domain (the .se) recently, but nothing to imply that a return is absolutely imminent and we can plan on it. The clock timer that we are seeing is likely to be counting the time from when the raid took place. As in the past, they may have a plan, but we have to wait to see what it is. The image being displayed on the site is believed to represent a Hydra, which in Greek mythology is a many-headed serpent. This could imply several things, one of which could be a display of power. But again, we don't know for sure exactly what they are trying to tell us.

Also noteworthy, the image currently displayed was in the source code, with the hint “sneakyhint”.

Stay tuned, and we'll update with a news story when there is something to report on aside from the display that we see on the site right now. We've been watching as there have been some signs of life, but nothing solid yet.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: The Pirate Bay Shows Signs of Life Following Raid

Postby HouseCrowd » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:58 am

The counting clock appears to be the present time; it's precisely synchronised with GMT. Although, I'm presently seeing a prefix of 15 too ... not sure what that is.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby sunnyd » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:12 am

I believe the 15 represents the number of days so far since the raid, HC. (It happened on December 9th).

And for those seeking more information about "Hydra"... here's a bit of an explanation.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/278114/Hydra

The destruction of Hydra was one of the 12 Labours of Heracles, which he accomplished with the assistance of Iolaus. As one head was cut off, two grew in its place.

By referring to power in my comment above, each time TPB has gone down, the site resurrects, and even perhaps with more strength. Only TPB knows for sure exactly what their message to us means. :wink:
sunnyd

Postby wmitty » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:25 am

HouseCrowd wrote:The counting clock appears to be the present time; it's precisely synchronised with GMT. Although, I'm presently seeing a prefix of 15 too ... not sure what that is.

Try changing your system clock and see what it displays then :tinfoilhat:
wmitty

Postby piiraten » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:53 am

sunnyd wrote:Only TPB knows for sure exactly what their message to us means. :wink:

is tom still writing news? if he or a deputy contacts me with questions i will answer. the board has my email.
piiraten

Postby sunnyd » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:56 am

Message sent to you, piiraten. Both Tom and I write news.
sunnyd

Return to BitTorrent