Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Welcome to last year!

Postby DaBlade » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:32 am

LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:39 am

aw, c'mon halo! you know very well that ray and tom are working hard on the site's renovation, that they are well aware of how outdated the guides are, and will be including new ones in the new site. Also, the new site will probably have some sort of wiki system for the guides, so that users may update them, as it is extremely difficult to keep up with the website, the news and all those applications' changelogs... so let's just let them finish off their job, all right? :wink:
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby j_dogg » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:57 am

2p's right man. You shouldn't be giving Ray and Tom shit over this. You got a problem with the guides, make a new one yourself.
And as 2p said, the new site is coming and the guides are going to contain an easy update feature then.

Also, the sites are still correct, so the correct installer should be easily found... Stop making mountains out of mole hill man...
j_dogg

Postby red duck » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:16 am

i myself found the outdated guides a litle bit bothering, but i didn't know about site renevation.
my question is did you know about site renevation when postin thread?
2pstudent wrote:...you know very well that ray and tom are working hard on the site's renovation, that they are well aware of how outdated the guides are....

i don't know wether she asumed or knew about you knowing about site renevation

if the answer is yes than you are a bad bad person, if the answer is no than in my opinion you may not be judged as a bad bad person because of this.
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby DaBlade » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:22 am

HouseCrowd mentioned it a day or two ago, but I didn't quite understand what he meant... :oops:

DaBlade

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:50 am

halo, :lol: it was discussed extensively in various threads (and constantly commented on other threads) before you went on holiday. It's been in the works for some time, and may I remind you that you even proposed a new logo for the new website and commented on Ooble's artwrok?
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Mrs. 2p

Postby DaBlade » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:10 am

well I thought it was all talk and no work.. :lol: :lol:

DaBlade

Postby SlyckTom » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:19 am

You should go back on vacation Halo...
SlyckTom

Postby SlyckRay » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:32 am

since this is here. I will have a page up today that will be a master list of all the current programs used for file-sharing and their current version, it is at this point that I'll need you all to help me make the list complete. This will be the database that all other parts of the site will pull from (guides, new releases).... it should be up in about two hours, i'll post again when it is ready.....

Ray
SlyckRay

Postby lordfoul » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm

Well there you go halo. They are doing their due diligence.
lordfoul

Postby Drake » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:27 pm

Halo, how hard is it to go to BitTornado's (or any other app listed on Slyck) main page and download the latest version?
Drake

Postby johngalt » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:23 pm

SlyckTom wrote:You should go back on vacation Halo...

Some would argue that the about face he just pulled (I didn't know ==> I thought...) would indicate that he is still on vacation...

damn spamming fool... :twisted:

I am I.
johngalt

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:50 am

2pstudent wrote:aw, c'mon halo! you know very well that ray and tom are working hard on the site's renovation, that they are well aware of how outdated the guides are, and will be including new ones in the new site. Also, the new site will probably have some sort of wiki system for the guides, so that users may update them, as it is extremely difficult to keep up with the website, the news and all those applications' changelogs... so let's just let them finish off their job, all right? :wink:

I totally agree, although I did laugh my ass off after I read his post and then looked at the subject. Maybe you should become a writer Halo. :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Sorry Halo, I am not trying to bash you here, so don't take it personally.
Last edited by Unbiased_Opinion on Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby DaBlade » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:50 am

Listen guys, why are you making such a big fuss about this? I simply pointed out that the guides are outdated and need updating. It's not like I killed someone or anything. :shock:

DaBlade

Postby Mrs. 2p » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:51 am

don't mind them, halo... :roll:

:wink:
Mrs. 2p

Postby johngalt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:06 am

ROTFlmfao - poor halo, getting his panties in a wad already...

(j/k, bro)

I am I.
johngalt

Postby Mrs. 2p » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:12 am

and,joking or not, that's the friendly rseponse you can come up with?
Mrs. 2p

Postby johngalt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:24 am

yup - cause if I wanted to be an ass I can very easily do so, and thus I feel that was indeed the nicest thing I could say considering I do not know HALO from Adam.

And who says I was trying to be nice in the first place? I was cracking a joke at his expense...

I am I.
johngalt

Postby Mrs. 2p » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:41 am

Just because Slyck trusts everyone NOT to need some stupid rules hanging on their heads every time they post does not mean common sense and civility are not a requirement when posting. I hate taking people for a ride to charm school, and don't think it should be at all necessary anyways.

May I suggest that, in the future, you limit your posts to constructive contributions? I've seen you make many, so I know you're perefectly capable of that. And, by all means, if you feel a post or thread is irrelevant, unimportant or a waste of time/space, feel free to ignore it.
Mrs. 2p

Postby johngalt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:02 am

I apologize if humour is inappropriate on the forums and I shall hence forth refrain from using it.

I am I.
johngalt

Postby Mrs. 2p » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:06 am

now don't you twist my words or put type in ideas that never went through my fingers. I think you understood very well what I meant. :roll:

humour is more than appropriate and a wonderful addition! ...provided you laugh with people, not at people, and that you refrain from doing so -as you finely put it- at "others' expense". Especially when that person has just specifically asked to calm down the waters. Just plain common courtesy is good enough, thank you.
Mrs. 2p

Postby johngalt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:48 pm

I realize that I left out a critical word in my reply that would have made it a completely different statement....

I meant to say

johngalt wrote:I apologize if my humour is inappropriate on the forums and I shall hence forth refrain from using it.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that I would stop making jokes, I was merely poking fun at him, jesting as it were, and that is all. In retrospect, you made me go back and realize that I may have taken it too far, (as happened previously with others in an avatar contest) so I was trying to make amends, and not twist your words around.

Besides, it was late, and I wasn't paying attention - I guess I got my panties in a wad there, eh?

*just showing you that I don't make jokes at others expense without also making them at my own....*

I am I.
johngalt

Postby SlyckTom » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:04 pm

Listen guys, why are you making such a big fuss about this? I simply pointed out that the guides are outdated and need updating. It's not like I killed someone or anything.

Halo, do you not think that Ray and I know this already? The fuss is made because you seem to consistently start idiotic threads. I can only hope that people continue to come down on you hard until you finally get the drift.
SlyckTom

Postby johngalt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:31 pm

We seem to have a conflict of opinions here.

I am being told to be courteous and Tom says he hopes more come down on Halo hard. Feh.

For me hard (in an all text forum) is a swift kick in the rear - not a flame, just a god hard push in the right direction (and some exercise for my poor aching legs).

I just found Toms post a little funny after I apparently came down too hard. Ironic, donchya think.

But I do still acknowledge my mistakes in this thread.

I am I.
johngalt

Postby dakiller » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:43 pm

Hmmm
i think i would have to agree jg
seems the line keeps shifting.
man,i'm sick of following my dreams
i'm just gonna ask where they're headed and hook up with em later

-MITCH
dakiller

Next

Return to Tell us what you think