Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Demonoid Comeback?

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Demonoid Comeback?

Postby sunnyd » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Hat tip to Slyck member couger25 for bringing this to my attention.

Here's a link to a post on Nuclear Coffee about it...

http://nuclearcoffee.org/?p=4069
After more than a year of downtime Demonoid’s website is again showing signs of life. A notice displayed on the website of the infamous BitTorrent tracker reveals that the people behind the site are planning a comeback. Demonoid’s admin confirms the resurrection without revealing a time-frame or any other specifics. While many questions remain unanswered, former Demonoid users are getting excited.

Demonoid's Facebook page is showing this...

Time will tell if this is a true comeback or not.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: Demonoid Comeback?

Postby ejonesss » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 am

i dont know if this is a good idea to come back because many sites that come back are honeypots take supernova (not to be confused with tpb's suprnova) it was was taken down then returned for a brief only to get busted for example.

ok prove to us that you are for real and not a honeypot or have any government spies sitting in the background ot the admins turned informant.

i would not trust them at first i will probably access them via vpn.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby Segadora_Severa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:57 am

A few days ago someone over at another news site sent an email to the demonoid domain. The reply they got back sounded kinda squirrely to me.
I can’t give you any specifics at the moment, but yeah, we are planning to bring the site back,
I'll stick with d2.vu for the mean time.

A follow-up request, for more details and whether the same people are behind the site, remains unanswered for now. However, a landing page on Demonoid.com and Demonoid.me brings more hope.

“We will rebuild! Coming back soon, please check back later. Thanks for your visit!,” it reads, with a Bitcoin donation option

Yeah, looks like someone is setting up a honeypot or took control of those domains to pilfer donations. Seen that before.

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks that. So far the wallet hasn't received anything. http://blockchain.info/en/address/1M1tX ... wcYJsyzJ15

Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime . . . ”
—Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart
Segadora_Severa

Postby VeeDubChick » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:04 pm

I welcome this news!
VeeDubChick

Postby rockredrock » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Demoniod is back up and running its open for registration.I have signed up tonight but admit to being paranoid now about p2p as its been about two years since i did any.I was useing newsgroups but the sites i was useing shut down.Just see what happens.
rockredrock

Postby sunnyd » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Demonoid has been back up since the end of March, and there have been no negative reports since we published the comeback story below....

http://www.slyck.com/story2369_Demonoid ... ite_Online
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Return to BitTorrent