Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Facebook Grabs For Your Phone. What Gives?

What's happening in the technology world! Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Facebook Grabs For Your Phone. What Gives?

Postby sunnyd » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Story : http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/11/technology/personaltech/facebooks-grab-for-you

Facebook, man. Unbelievable. Second-most-visited Web site in the world. Frequented monthly by one-sixth of the earth’s population. Primary source of news for half of America’s young people.

So vast and powerful is Facebook that it didn’t seem implausible when the rumors began: Facebook was about to introduce its own cellphone. Look on our works, Apple and Google, and despair!

The rumors were wrong. The new “Facebook phone” isn’t a phone. Instead, it’s a set of apps for phones running the Android operating system. Starting Friday, you can download them from the Google app store onto certain phones from HTC (One and One X) and Samsung (Galaxy S III, S 4 and Note II). More Android models will be compatible in the coming months, Facebook says. These apps also come preinstalled on the new HTC First, which costs $100 with a two-year AT&T contract.

This software suite, called Home, replaces the standard Home screen and Lock screen of the phone.

Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: Facebook Grabs For Your Phone. What Gives?

Postby rupert bloone » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 am

i do not care for a facebok cell i want to browse to any site on my cell not just facebook

this will loose money for anyone which spends to it DO NOT DO IT

best

rupert
rupert bloone

Return to Tech/Internet/Other News