Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discussion

For discussion of the threatened legal action surrounding the alleged filesharing of pornography, computer games and music. (Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK)
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Welcome to this forum, should you have received a letter do not panic, read the threads and make a (hopefully more informed) decision on how you want to proceed.

To avoid repeating previous posts, please familiarise yourself with the following information before posting.

Summary site (BeingThreatened.com) and Chat (IRC) or Chat (WebClient)

Speculative invoicing and “pay up or else” schemes for copyright infringement - Citizen's Advice Bureau

Speculative Invoicing Handbook

I've received a letter, what should I do? and Davenport Lyons - What can we do as a group?

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby one eyed jack » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Hey Hickster

Looks like your knight in shining armour was looking to bat for the other side, until they got greedy.

Would you really trust Lawdit not to jump ship in the future if they could earn more money?

#justsaying
one eyed jack
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:23 am

one eyed jack wrote:Hey Hickster

Looks like your knight in shining armour was looking to bat for the other side, until they got greedy.

Would you really trust Lawdit not to jump ship in the future if they could earn more money?

#justsaying

Considering you think that Hickster and me are the same person, I figured I will answer you.

First of all, nice to see you are here again. You always suddenly appear on here when a new wave of letters go out. You are actively backing up the efforts of your friends with an attempt to ridicule Hickster and me and try to convince those who received the recent letters, and those who may be receiving follow-up letters to pay up.

#justsaying

I am beginning to see that the 25% of the monies you received from GEIL (Which they fleeced from subscribers, accusing them of downloading "Real Couples" videos) wasn't enough for you. I now see it that you are being paid by GEIL to turn up on here. What did you say when Becker asked you? Was it "Sign me up!"?. Are you that hard up?

#justsaying

Your comments on Lawdit are your own thoughts, literally. Lawdit have been actively fighting those who practice speculative invoicing long before you knew what a BitTorrent was. Nobody could be more qualified to know what a con speculative invoicing is than Lawdit, and they do recognise greed because it is the Copyright Trolls who are the greedy ones.

#justsaying

So it is Lawdit who are fully qualified to know that Golden Eye International Limited are no different than ACS:Law or Davenport Lyons or Tilly Bailey Irvine in the scam they operate. In fact, GEIL are worse because they evolved the scam further by representing themselves thus not being regulated. And Julian Becker knew that.

#justsaying

To even suggest Lawdit are greedy is ludicrous and laughable, and considering it comes from you makes it very easy to ignore because you are trying to intimidate. Fair enough. For myself I did tweet you in the past to bother you, but what I tweeted you was evidence of the truth.

#justsaying

I have personally contacted Lawyers from Lawdit and I know personally why they are going to do their upmost to put a stop to GEIL and others. It cannot be said that Lawdit are greedy when they offer to handle all correspondence with GEIL for an ISP subscriber for £90.00. It cannot be said that Lawdit are greedy when they are willing to offer their services for FREE to anyone who GEIL issue Court proceedings against.

I would guess that Julian Becker is freaking jealous of that and wishes he could find a Law firm who could represent GEIL in the same way. The trouble for Julian Becker is no Law firm would represent GEIL in Court in this scam. Two other Law firms and three Solicitors were dealt with by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and quite rightly punished.

#justsaying
bpaw
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Strawman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:29 am

one eyed jack wrote:Hey Hickster

Looks like your knight in shining armour was looking to bat for the other side, until they got greedy.

Would you really trust Lawdit not to jump ship in the future if they could earn more money?

#justsaying


OEJ - Care to explain this post? I cannot see any logic to it, unless you have misunderstood what Lawdit's blog post is about.
Strawman
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 am

@ Good points Bpaw,

Strawman wrote:
one eyed jack wrote:Hey Hickster

Looks like your knight in shining armour was looking to bat for the other side, until they got greedy.

Would you really trust Lawdit not to jump ship in the future if they could earn more money?

#justsaying


OEJ - Care to explain this post? I cannot see any logic to it, unless you have misunderstood what Lawdit's blog post is about.


Yeah @ OEJ/Terry, what on earth are you talking about?
:popcorn:
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby one eyed jack » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi BPaw,

I do keep up on whats going on, mainly since you and Hickster (or are you the same?) its unclear to me. Either way I'm here because you both seemed to exchange a lot of posts on my twitter thread in an attempt to out me to my followers no doubt who are lost on your cause, evidently by the lack of response you may have expected rather than link me to your activities here and do it where it would make more impact on my activism profile as Naked Truth Guy which is strange because Im not shy or quiet about my support of GEILs anti piracy work even in UKAP and I was half hoping you'd call me out in public but it seems you both prefer to operate in the shadows which contradicts your actions when you make petty responses trying to cast aspersions to my character as a the dodgy bad guy around here whn it is you both trying to sabotage my interest telling people to do otherwise.

However, you do deserve a reply to my post. Again I was half hexpecting you would know what I was alluding to but evidently Ive got the jump on you again. I know a lot about a lot in my business because, its in my business interest to know

Make of this what you will

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Riyaz Jariwalla [mailto:riyaz.jariwalla@LAWDIT.CO.UK]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. April 2009 19:06
An: patrick.achache@guardaley.com
Cc: Michael Coyle
Betreff: RE: Lawdit Solicitors :: Potential copyright infringement
(claimant) (Your ref: RJ.101)]

Dear Patrick

Thank you for your email. Please feel free to call me on 023 8023 5979.

Regards

Riyaz


________________________________________
From: Achache,Patrick [patrick.achache@guardaley.com]
Sent: 01 April 2009 17:30
To: Riyaz Jariwalla
Subject: Re: Lawdit Solicitors :: Potential copyright infringement
(claimant) (Your ref: RJ.101)]

Dear Riyaz,

thank you for your mail. I will go through it and revert to you.

Regards
Patrick

Patrick Achache
IP Department
Guardaley Ltd.
mailto:patrick.achache@guardaley.com


GuardaLey Ltd: Geschäftsführer: Ben Perino; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Reading(UK) und Karlsruhe(D); Company No. 06576149;



Riyaz Jariwalla schrieb:

Dear Patrick



Thank you for your email. This is difficult one to call. At present I
fear your client's proposal as set out below is not economically
viable and I have set out the reasons why below.



*_What will Lawdit do?_*



Our services will be split into 2 parts.



*_PART 1_*



(1) Obtaining instructions from your client. Analysing and advising
you on the campaign from what we have learnt over the last three years.



(2) Obtaining details from your client about the movie/song/game
("the Work") as protected by copyright.



(3) Once we have formalised a campaign, worked out damages etc.,
obtaining from you a list of IP addresses that you claim have actually
connected to a peer-to-peer network and downloaded a substantial
portion of your client's Work.



(4) Draft and file a request for a court order that the main ISPs
in UK release the name and addresses associated with the list of IP
addresses as supplied to us under (3) above.



(5) Attend a court hearing and make submissions on your client's
behalf as to why such an order is required.



(6) Obtaining a sealed order, known as a Norwich Pharmacal order
which will order ISPs to disclose certain information to your client
(in our case the name and address of the party that pays for the
internet connection that downloaded the Works).



(7) Serving the order on the ISPs.



(8) Managing the receipt of disclosed information from the ISPs to
ensure that each and every IP address is accounted for and has a
corresponding name and address.



(9) Miscellaneous correspondence between us and the ISPs, or the
ISPs' legal representatives.



(10) Updating you throughout and supplying you with hard copies of all
documents.



If we do not do part 1 then the whole exercise is a waste of time.



There is a considerable amount of work involved in dealing with 1-10.
Many hours of work all of which is detailed skilled and requires
significant expertise.



*_PART 2_*



(11) Drafting a robust letter of demand and suitable undertakings for
settlement for your client's consideration.



(12) Seeking your client's amendments to the letter of demand.



(13) Agreeing and assessing a suitable amount of damages/costs to
request from the proposed infringer.



(14) Implementing the amendments.



(15) Reviewing the list of names and addresses as disclosed by the
ISPs as set out under (8) above.



(16) Serving our letter of demand (with undertakings) on each proposed
infringer.



(17) Managing (15) above and ensuing that all deadlines are diarised.



(18) Sending your client soft copies of all correspondence as sent to
each proposed infringing party.



(19) Receiving replies and dealing with them on a case-by-case basis.



(20) Dealing with aftermath, legal and PR implications.



Our time costings involved in completing *PART 1* will run into the
thousands and we expect our combined fee earners time recording to be
in the region of 60-80 hours at hourly rates of between £95-£275.This
is a large portion of resources we would have to expend without the
guarantee of any return. The risks are too high and any firm could not
proceed on a no win no basis.



*_Our proposal_*



For the reason set out above we propose supplying a fixed fee for the
execution of PART 1 for any one work (e.g a song, movie or game etc);
such fixed fee to be £18,000 plus tax (if applicable) as we estimate
75-100 hours of work.



For the execution of PART 2 above, we are happy to operate on a
success fee basis where we would, on successfully settling a matter
and obtaining monies from the proposed infringer, invoice your client
for say £50.00 representing our legal charges; the actual price to be
agreed subject to your client's approval to this proposal.



In summary, we are paid for PART 1, but not for PART 2, unless we are
successful in recovering damages and costs.* EXAMPLE: *If your client
was to run a campaign for a movie that your client claims has been
infringed by 2,500 parties and your client was to claim £100 (£50
representing costs, £50 representing damages [example only]) from each
infringer, your client would receive after our costs £107,000. That is
2,500 x £100 = £250,000, minus £18,000 (cost of PART 1) and minus
£125,000 (cost of Part 2 at £50 x 2,500) equals £107,000. Please note
that this is based on the calculation that your client will seek to
recover only £50 damages. The stakes are much higher if this is
increased. We will advise you what amount your client ought to seek
closer to the time.



I trust this email has been useful. If you would like to discuss any
of the above with me in detail, please feel free to call me on 023
8023 5979.



I look forward to hearing from you.



Regards



Riyaz
one eyed jack
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Doesn't change a thing Terry. I knew from the tone of your post you had something up your sleeve.

Three things spring to mind.

1. Yes, it proves an involvement a long time ago but over 6 years Lawdit have been representing those accused.
2. They certainly will not "jump ship" because Solicitors get suspended/go bankrupt because of it, if you haven't heard.
3. You are so closely involved with GEIL/TCYK/Hatton & Berkeley and Julian Becker/Patrick Achache/Robert Croucher.

Don't worry about us Terry, Lawdit are out to stop your best buddies.

Be careful Terry with "The Company You Keep".
bpaw
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm

one eyed jack wrote: you and Hickster (or are you the same?)


Look at me
can't you see it's true?
You're a part of me
I'm a part of you


RIP felix pappalardi
User avatar
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus
 
Posts: 14684
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:06 pm

@OEJ

wow is that it?

I would echo Bpaws thoughts, but have asked for clarification;

This email exchange is not publicly available, and as you said

one eyed jack wrote:Again I was half hexpecting you would know what I was alluding to but evidently Ive got the jump on you again. I know a lot about a lot in my business because, its in my business interest to know


Well it confirms, you ARE working with Mr Achache, or your colleagues are, surprise surprise.

that you have probably committed COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT LMAO, oh the irony. Well unless you had permission of Lawdit to replicate that email that is. (Probably not)

and also that you are much more involved in this than you have up to now admitted. You have always maintained you supported GEILS scam, but, you have never admitted to being anymore than that, a concerned pornographer, on his uppers. This changes things doesnt it.

Oh, and one last thing.

one eyed jack wrote:Either way I'm here because you both seemed to exchange a lot of posts on my twitter thread in an attempt to out me to my followers no doubt who are lost on your cause, evidently by the lack of response you may have expected rather than link me to your activities here and do it where it would make more impact on my activism profile as Naked Truth Guy


You might be surprised at what some of your "followers" have sent to us, on twitter and on BGAFD

I await for any clarification from Lawdit, considering Riyaz Jariwalla left about 4 years ago I am not expecting much, but I have asked.

:popcorn:
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Mullard47 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:58 pm

My recollection is that Michael Coyle did write an article somewhere in which he said that Lawdit had been approached by entities offering this sort of work/scheme but that they (Lawdit) declined to get involved.

As regards that email, that might have been maverick "private correspondence" rather than something from and on behalf of the practice.

Having said that, and as the email suggests a CCFA scheme which, at first sight, has striking similarities with that which got others into trouble with the SDT, the thought arises whether the mere sending of that email amounts to something that the SRA might be interested in looking into.
Mullard47
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Mullard47 wrote:My recollection is that Michael Coyle did write an article somewhere in which he said that Lawdit had been approached by entities offering this sort of work/scheme but that they (Lawdit) declined to get involved.

As regards that email, that might have been maverick "private correspondence" rather than something from and on behalf of the practice.

Having said that, and as the email suggests a CCFA scheme which, at first sight, has striking similarities with that which got others into trouble with the SDT, the thought arises whether the mere sending of that email amounts to something that the SRA might be interested in looking into.


But Mr Coyle questions the motives of firms ....

"We have been approached by similar companies in Belgium and Germany asking us to do the same sort of thing. To me it seems like a license to print money, all you have to do is hold your nerve, beat the stick and most people do pay," he added.

He thinks the practice needs to be stopped.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8483482.stm

:popcorn:
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby FilmGuy1000 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:34 am

Wow. I was thinking about going to Lawdit but I'm not sure if I will now after what I have just read. Can anyone suggest any other solicitors, who haven't tried to jump into bed with Golden Eye before?

It's hard to know who to trust! I would rather pay more to know that I am not with solicitors who'll sell me out if someone comes in with a higher offer for them to work the other side. In the meantime I'm still really stressed. Maybe I should just pay and have done with it. I'm amazed at all the animosity in here though, I must say...I mean...peer-to-peer isn't really right, is it?

Any advice welcome! Thanks.
FilmGuy1000
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:52 am

FilmGuy1000 wrote:Wow. I was thinking about going to Lawdit but I'm not sure if I will now after what I have just read. Can anyone suggest any other solicitors, who haven't tried to jump into bed with Golden Eye before?


they were approached with an offer, which they turned down. do u equate that with "tried to jump into bed with golden eye" if so, could u explain why?

FilmGuy1000 wrote: I'm amazed at all the animosity in here though, I must say...I mean...peer-to-peer isn't really right, is it?

Any advice welcome! Thanks.



perhaps u could be specific about "all the animosity." exactly what amazes u?
User avatar
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus
 
Posts: 14684
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby wmitty » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:24 pm

@filmguy1000

i've been around file-sharers and trolls a long long time and I don't trust you

Perhaps you should just pay GEIL since i suspect you'll only be putting money back in your own pocket

Just my opinion, no hard feelings
wmitty
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:28 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Brazza » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Just read Film Guy’s post and it does not surprise me, every solicitor I’ve ever dealt with has basically been a complete whore.

I’ve been doing my own research and came across this article, the last paragraph does not look great.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... se-letters
Brazza
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Brazza wrote:Just read Film Guy’s post and it does not surprise me, every solicitor I’ve ever dealt with has basically been a complete whore.

I’ve been doing my own research and came across this article, the last paragraph does not look great.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... se-letters


so solicitors are all whores - and yet u immediately turn around and cite a solicitor's comments as being valuable.

but you're right, the last paragraph doesn't look great. and it shouldn't, because it's got a lot of BS in it.

don't do anything illegal and u won't get a letter - nonsense. it's been established that people who did nothing wrong do get letters - and those are just the ones who complained loudly enough to get public attention. it's a safe bet that those are simply the tip of the iceberg.

and that doesn't begin to account for all the parents who did nothing wrong but got a letter because their kid did.

bottom line - PLENTY of people who did nothing illegal got letters anyway.

a solicitor brazza somehow exempts from being a whore wrote:Golden Eye will only have gotten details of people that they can prove downloaded content


this is false. they haven't proven anything, and are deliberately avoiding taking ANY of these cases to trial because they know they can't. all they have is a list of IP addresses, gathered by a method which has gotten no impartial scrutiny, because they don't have to allow any scrutiny to get an NPO, and they won't go to trial, where such scrutiny would inevitably take place.
User avatar
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus
 
Posts: 14684
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Email from Michael Coyle of Lawdit;"

I remember this and recall me telling the fee earner to see what he could find out play along and see what they want - we did not know who it was or what was their game. I told him to pitch and play good cop. Nothing came from it...
M


It would of course be interesting to have seen the followup emails if OEJ could ask his friend Patrick.

I would say this Lawdit have been involved in defending people accused of Speculative Invoicing/Copyright Trolling now since at least 2008 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/27 ... ort_lyons/
Spoiler: show
(Lawdit is representing more than 300 people who have been targetted by Davenport Lyons. Only about a dozen are accused of infringing Atari copyright. The vast majority are under threat from another Davenport Lyons anti-piracy client, Topware Interactive, also a videogames publisher.)
, this email came from 2009 and the explanation is to me, entirely consistent with Lawdits actions before and after this date.

I have not met or heard of a single person who has engaged Lawdit in this capacity, who has had a negative experience, indeed I personally, as I know other have had, received a telephone conversation with Mr Coyle back in 2009, of which I was not charged, or any payment was intimated at all. When Ralli swept in and started to sweep people up when ACS:LAW went under, Lawdit were still not discouraged, they consistently held the same view as they do till this day.

The House of Lords stated that a letter recipient would have to engage a lawyer for £500 odd pounds to help him through the process of defending an action, Lawdit has offered to do it for £100.

I believe this email to be malicious, in that only a part of this conversation has been leaked. The only people who benefit are those trying to diminish and damage the business of the only Lawfirm that has consistently stood by those accused.

This says one thing to me and one thing only, that Mr Achache is not pleased by the hit on his business. He is the architect of the TCYK LLC action with Hatton & Berkeley(CMI Business Group)/Ranger Bay and now it seems, also Goldeneye International, whils I had suspicions of the duplicity between the actions, now I am convinced.

Of course their are Trolls on here, that will echo OEJs post, my advice, don't trust anyone speaking out against Lawdit with less than 50 posts. Slyck will be under attack from these people, and they want one thing, to discourage and spread fear. Don't let them
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Aliceinwonderland » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi everyone

I wanted to drop you good folk a line and say thank you for the advice posted on this site. Its been an absolute god send and I'm very grateful for all the research and effort the regular posters put in. Ive been reading the posts on the site for a while and I can honestly say the advice given is consistent and spot on.

To anyone new or just looking for advice I would offer the following:
As with all things there are always a few people that post with very dubious advice such as OEJ, but ive found that if you read all the posts carefully it dose not take long to spot the people that you need to listen to and the ones that need to be ignored.

As for Lawdit, Ive spoken to Michael and I personally think he is one of the good guys
Aliceinwonderland
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby KingoftheNorth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Well it has been a fever of action today! I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well. :D

First of all thanks to Hickster and Strawman for their answers to my questions. I asked them partially for my own benefit and sort of for any new people as those were the burning questions I was too afraid to ask when I first joined. I'm a strong believer in knowledge is power. The more you know, even though it can be scary, the better equipped you are.

To wmitty, we were all thinking it, you just said it! :D

As for the whole Lawdit stuff, here is my view.

1. Even if they were in contact with companies like GEIL, that is kind of their job. They are experts, according to their website, in copyright law. So why is it so hard to believe they may well be in contact with companies who feel their copyright has been infringed? The fact is, they aren't aligned with them (or that is how it looks) and that all I see as important.

2. Lawdit aren't in this solely for the good will. They charge £90. This isn't a lot of money, especially if it means you can sleep and stop stressing about the matter. However they aren't doing it for free. I doubt it costs them a lot to draft a letter and send it. They probably won't have to do a second letter because GEIL will realise they are onto a loser and not bother. Granted they would lose out if the cases went to court because it would cost them more than £90 but they are weighing it up and on the balance know it most likely won't go to court. So for them its an easy £90, it reduces the stress for people, but they are willing to step up if it gets messy. I applaud them personally, so please don't take this point as a criticism. Just see it as what it is.

3. As for the Guardian article, it's lazy journalism. Even if what the guy at the end is saying was true, good journalism should give balanced views, not just boil an entire argument down to essentially a single, ignorant and mis-informed line. Poor journalism on the part of the Guardian. It has been shown that people who are innocent have been accused. There was an example where someone was categorically able to prove it by using proxy servers (or something like that, sorry i'm not an expert) to do with his work.

4. I'd be more worried if OEJ and the others weren't banging the drum on here. If they weren't then I'd be more inclined to think GEIL were confident of their case and are happy to take people to court. What they could win in court might outweigh what they could get from the letters (or maybe not, as the fee might be considered disproportionate, I'm also not a legal expert. Or an expert in anything to be honest :D). I'd be happy for Mullard, Strawman, Hickpaw (or Bpickster, sorry couldn't resist) to give out the wrong information. More money for me right?

Just my two pennies worth.
KingoftheNorth
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby MrBlue » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:21 pm

Can GEIL actually prove WHO shared any file that they allege in the letter?....if so how?
MrBlue
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Mullard47 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 pm

MrBlue wrote:Can GEIL actually prove WHO shared any file that they allege in the letter?....if so how?


Not only that, but they have technologists so clever that if you dial 1471 and get the number your last incoming telephone call came from (which you didn't answer), not only can GEIL trace the subscriber, but they can prove that the subscriber made that call, with no evidence apart from that number. And I know this is true because a solicitor said so in The Guardian.
Mullard47
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby KingoftheNorth » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:03 am

I just re-read my post from last night. Apologies, I wasn't saying that the advice being given by the people on here was wrong. I was talking as if I was the one bringing up the charges against people and was confident about them I wouldn't care about the advice being given out on here. Hope that didn't cause any confusion.

Tried to edit the post but didn't seem like I was able to.
KingoftheNorth
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:57 am

@Mullard47 :thumbup:

KingoftheNorth wrote:I just re-read my post from last night. Apologies, I wasn't saying that the advice being given by the people on here was wrong. I was talking as if I was the one bringing up the charges against people and was confident about them I wouldn't care about the advice being given out on here. Hope that didn't cause any confusion.

Tried to edit the post but didn't seem like I was able to.


Dont worry KOTN, most of us have done posts where we were not quite sure what we said would be interpreted right, myself more than a lot. I take what you said with the spirit it was meant in. Relax, this can be VERY traumatic for those receiving letters, we are here to help each other through the process.

Thankyou for taking the time to contribute in a positive way,
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby MrBlue » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:21 am

Mullard47 wrote:
MrBlue wrote:Can GEIL actually prove WHO shared any file that they allege in the letter?....if so how?


Not only that, but they have technologists so clever that if you dial 1471 and get the number your last incoming telephone call came from (which you didn't answer), not only can GEIL trace the subscriber, but they can prove that the subscriber made that call, with no evidence apart from that number. And I know this is true because a solicitor said so in The Guardian.



:lol: ............. NOW I get it! :thumbup:
MrBlue
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Aliceinwonderland » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi Guys

Hatton & Berkely/ Goldeneye/ TYCK llC are any of these companies regulated?
I just find it incredible that they knowingly target people with threats in the full knowledge that they don't know who has infringed their copyright and there appears no redress against them.

Bottom line they know that they don't know who did the dead and yet they continue to send out letters.


Apologies if this has already been asked
Aliceinwonderland
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:01 pm

no need to apologize, alice.

I just find it incredible that they knowingly target people with threats in the full knowledge that they don't know who has infringed their copyright and there appears no redress against them.


you're not alone.
User avatar
MrFredPFL
I am Spartacus
 
Posts: 14684
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Torrent Download Court Action Threat/Settlement Letter Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com