Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Team Phoenix - Let us make a new p2p client - WinMX 2010

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Team Phoenix - Let us make a new p2p client - WinMX 2010

Postby Dazzle_2 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am

Theres talk which is cheap and theres results which come from hard work, I,ll let the future show which one applies to my offer of help to Cash, you can at that point I,m sure make further observations should you feel so inclined.

You have a nice day Sunnyd.
Dazzle_2

Postby sunnyd » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks Dazzle, you have a nice day also. :wink:

BC, I am in the process of contacting some programmers, and I will keep you posted on that progress. Team Phoenix is an excellent project, and once again...cheers to its continued success and all positive help related to it.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Update on my status. I am still Out of town and will be for about a month yet. My great aunt brenda has passed away and i and a few others have to now clean out her old victorian mini mansion. >.< But on a lighter note, i was left $2000 in her will to do it. Will hit the library here as much as i can to keep the world updated. If anyone needs help on the website, please ask chris or Nickster. Thank you all for being paitent, altho you dont have much choice... :lol:
WinMX Phoenix - Born From The Ashes
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby Dazzle_2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:17 am

Whats the status of this project Cash ?

I ask as our own project has a projected release date of about xmas and I havent heard from you in terms of technical information requirements so can you also confirm you either have what you need or not ?
Dazzle_2

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Dazzle_2 wrote:Whats the status of this project Cash ?

I ask as our own project has a projected release date of about xmas and I havent heard from you in terms of technical information requirements so can you also confirm you either have what you need or not ?

The status is ''On Going."

Meaning we are still looking for a few programers (That will stick arround!!!) but as of yet, I am still in and out of town cleaning and restoring my late Great Aunts house to put up for sale. We have a few prospects on some programmers and I am trying my hand at learning C++ in my free time. So far all I have been able to make are pages with buttons... lol. Even Rome was not built in a day I guess. :D

But anyway, Your speaking to someone who is out of the league in tearms of technical talk. You would be better suited to address Nickster or Chris for that line of questioning as they both have more programming skills and knowladge than I do.
If you wish then I would gladly pass on a message to them if you don't care to signup just to message them, I do fully understand.

Anyways, It is good that people are still intrested in what we're trying to do and i look foward to seeing what you guys come out with. Just do me a favour... Don't rub it in!!! :roll: :D :toast:
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby Dazzle_2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Have no fear of anything like that Cash there no harm in trying your best to get something acheived, if my comments have been a bit off key its simply because I have seen folks come and go before and wanted to ensure you where not of that ilk, once our project is completed we will of course be willing to make use of it to aid other community developers and development groups, Rome wasnt built in a day thats for sure and I also know it took more than one bricklayer to get the job done, my regards :)
Dazzle_2

Postby Dazzle_2 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Small update on the project I mentioned recently, theres still much work to go but many parts of the client are now in place however the key part (filesharing )is still in the testing/redesign phase as there have been numerous small items of equal importance to complete alongside that module, its possible but unlikely we will now hit the xmas day release date but regardless the work will still continue until we have something thats usable and solid, I had hoped for a smooth trouble free run or even a minor miracle but I know WinMX users will be patient regardless.

I will start posting some sceenshots of the new client in action in about 2 weeks so at least folks can see this is a real project and check on its continuing progress, cheers for your time folks :thumbup:
Dazzle_2

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Yup, We're still trying to find a programer who can hold his mud. No one is willing to work with one another.
All I have learned about programming is how to make a window and buttons, lol. And if you want screen shots, that I have. Varrious ones that show the feature of Skins/Themes based on Style Xp for Code Name Phoenix. Was my personal project. What I dont have is a self motivated programer who knows how to read a website to understand that the first thing that needs to be done is to make a non functioning clone of winmx and then add functions to it. So we may be dead in the water till someone births us a programmer who is not full of him self & needs to ask people who are not programmers how to program. (IE,. The rant @ the bottom of our homepage...) :roll:
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Just for further Slyck reader clarification, the project mentioned above by Dazzle (that he mentioned previously), is not the same as the Team Phoenix project, it is a separate WinMX project.

Team Phoenix is working on a file sharing program for all file sharing protocols, including OpenNap, WinMX and perhaps others as well. Some efforts are trying to be coordinated for both projects from what I was recently told, which is always a good thing. :)

Perhaps the other project should be in a separate thread on Slyck (in the WinMX section), and not in Team Phoenix? Just a thought, no harm intended.
sunnyd

Postby Dazzle_2 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:51 pm

I will hope to start a new thread when there is something of worth to report SunnyD.

Just so readers of Slycks are clear on one other matter the project I refer to will be open src and launched on srcforge and thus anyone including Bogus cash above will be able to save time re-inventing the wheel and build whatever they want on top of that project, that is one of the aims for creating it, sharing should not be confined simply to files on a network.

Once an alpha is created and the initial src code entered into the src forge repository I will make contact with Cash to help speed up his plans for a variant as our project does not currently support Open Nap, I have the idea that most of the open Nappers will be happy with this situation, it should be pretty simple to add a further section for open nap if one has the time and inclination to do so.
Dazzle_2

Postby sunnyd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:54 pm

It's all good. :thumbup:
sunnyd

Previous

Return to WinMX