Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The Pirate Bay Taken Offline By Swedish Authorities

News about the BitTorrent Network. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

The Pirate Bay Taken Offline By Swedish Authorities

Postby Overnet User » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 am

Story : http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay- ... es-090824/

Following the earlier court defeat for Fredrik, Gottfrid and Peter and the pending civil action taken by several Hollywood studios, the Swedish authorities have now ordered The Pirate Bay to be disconnected from the Internet. The site’s bandwidth suppliers have been threatened with a large fine. The site is completely offline.

Today, Stockholm’s district court took action to completely remove The Pirate Bay from the Internet.

The court ordered the site’s major bandwidth supplier, Black Internet, to disconnect TPB from the Internet or face penalties of 500,000 kroner ($70,600). The ISP complied, saying that it had no choice but to uphold the law.

The censorship of The Pirate Bay will continue pending the outcome of a civil action taken by several entertainment companies including Disney, Universal, Warner, Columbia, Sony, NBC and Paramount.

Rick Falkvinge, leader of The Pirate Party said: “This is absolutely ridiculous. The Court seems to consider themselves above the Constitution,” while criticizing the effect that these civil actions are having on freedom of speech. “This clarifies how copyright law has become untenable, and how information is lacking political skills in the judiciary,” he added.

The copy of The Pirate Bay is available at http://www.BTArena.net and will remain as a TPB archive, while the tracker.btarena.org can be used to track new torrents, if people want.

The torrents available from the http://www.BTArena.net copy still carry the announce URLs from The Pirate Bay’s tracker but since all torrents were updated with the OpenBitTorrent tracker, they will remain functional. :-) You can also get your own copy of tpb via a torrent file if you would like. Also everyone add publicbt and openbittorrent
trackers to any torrent to help out.

Thanks for a clone while the OpenBittorrent tracker is down also:

PublicBitTorrent - An open tracker project (OpenBittorrent.KG (clone of OpenBittorrent) & Public Bittorrent OpenBittorrent tracker is down also:

PublicBitTorrent - An open tracker project
PublicBitTorrent is a bittorrent tracker free for anyone to use. You don't need to register, upload or index a torrent anywhere, all you have to do is to include the PublicBitTorrent tracker URL in your torrent.
How does it work?

When you create a torrent file the application will ask you for a tracker address, then simply type in PublicBitTorrent 's and OpenBittorrent 2's tracker URL's:

http://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

http://tracker.openbittorrent.kg:2710/announce
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.kg:2710/announce

Use this tracker if you would like while OpenBittorrent, Denise.Stalker & tpb's sites are down for using on mininova & works for others. Mininova has been giving -- for files that have lots of people seeding/leeching. They should have updated their info on their pages as well. Maybe someone should send a email to them and perhaps their up loaders would have prepared better. Well I guess they will have time to adjust or just have to wait till tpb is back online. Given the current sale ahead, they should have prepared but its not too late to do it now.

Anywho, Image on:

OpenBittorrent.KG (clone of OpenBittorrent)
Pirate Bay HTML Clone
Torrage: Torrent API
Open Tracker
The Hidden Tracker
Denise.Stalker (Tracker)
Public Bittorrent
Open Bittorrent
The Pirate Bay index (This site includes TPB index, comments, db reader and TPB "clone" -download links to Rapidshare)
The Google Bay
The Pirate Bay clone on SourceForge Torrent: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5063319” when site comes back up or change url This is a basic clone of thepiratebay.org’s UI.tpb index google cache(try search sites for torrent until tpb is back @ fully operational)
Last edited by Overnet User on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:48 am, edited 12 times in total.
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Re: The Pirate Bay Taken Offline By Swedish Authorities

Postby MrFredPFL » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:38 am

does this surprise anyone? it shouldn't.

and how information is lacking political skills in the judiciary

huh? i can only hope that lost something in the translation...
MrFredPFL

Postby ntscuser » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:48 am

MrFredPFL wrote:does this surprise anyone?
The timing of it surprised me Fred. (Still haven't deregistered)

BTArena.net is down too. Connected or just coincidence?
ntscuser

Postby ejonesss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:57 am

ntscuser wrote:
MrFredPFL wrote:does this surprise anyone?
The timing of it surprised me Fred. (Still haven't deregistered)

BTArena.net is down too. Connected or just coincidence?

BTArena.net is up and working for me.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby bcpatcher » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:59 am

:nopity:
bcpatcher

Postby ntscuser » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm

ejonesss wrote:BTArena.net is up and working for me.
It is for me as well now but when I last posted it was confirmed as being down.
ntscuser

Postby ejonesss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:15 pm

it is probably overloaded by the traffic although it loaded lickity split for me.

other possibility could be your location bad dns server, on the edge of a bandwidth quota reset in place by an isp ,etc.

ntscuser wrote:
ejonesss wrote:BTArena.net is up and working for me.
It is for me as well now but when I last posted it was confirmed as being down.
ejonesss

Postby ejonesss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:11 pm

now the forum.suprbay.org is down too.
ejonesss

Postby ejonesss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:19 pm

and now BTArena.net is refuses connections
ejonesss

Postby enigmax » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Pirate Bay has activated its emergency plan and will fully return shortly. They already returned briefly but a tech hitch slowed them down and they are down again.
enigmax

Postby codgod04 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:48 pm

dammit... the Openbittorrent tracker is down too. I'm now down to 1/3 trackers.

and I am a person that is actually submitting LEGAL torrents, too.
codgod04

Postby ejonesss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:10 pm

codgod04 wrote:dammit... the Openbittorrent tracker is down too. I'm now down to 1/3 trackers.

and I am a person that is actually submitting LEGAL torrents, too.

Openbittorrent is working for me on too.

it may be spotty or the swedish police is going through them one at a time and pulling.
ejonesss

Postby sunnyd » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:40 pm

http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-taken-offline-by-swedish-authorities-090824/

Updated Information (same source, same link as above, but includes some updates)

Update: As expected, The Pirate Bay site relocated and is back online (DNS still has to update for some people). A Pirate Bay insider told TorrentFreak that they “got a new connection to the net.” The tracker is still down and is expected to be fully operational tomorrow morning, we were told. Ever since their servers were raided back in 2006 they were prepared for takedown attempts like this.

“The MAFIAA has spent millions of dollars and endless amounts of time to get this ban in order. Our guess is that they also bribed a bit to get it since it violates so many laws not only in Sweden but also in the EU, not to mention violations against human rights. And what do they have to show for it? 3 hours of partial downtime,” the Pirate Bay team adds.

Another update: The temporary host has a problem with its fiber causing the site to go offline again. Meanwhile, the downtime is causing traffic spikes for other torrent sites and trackers.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby codgod04 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Another update: The temporary host has a problem with its fiber causing the site to go offline again. Meanwhile, the downtime is causing traffic spikes for other torrent sites and trackers.

well, that at least, explains my openbittorrent outage.

TPB tracker: 192.121.86.3

Openbittorrent Tracker: 192.121.86.2
codgod04

Postby Overnet User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:04 am

ejonesss wrote:also today is the 25th and if it goes too long then the site will be sold and the property transferred (unless the sale is a ruse just to unveil a tpb 3.0).

dunno but see beginning of thread, no need to worry, as for the site is still available elsewhere
Last edited by Overnet User on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why Join The Fight?
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Postby ejonesss » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 am

how long does a fiber problem last?

couldnt they switch to another fiber or something.

also today is the 25th and if it goes too long then the site will be sold and the property transfered (unless the sale is a ruse just to unveil a tpb 3.0).
ejonesss

Postby Lee1001 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:44 am

seems that same applies to eztv,who seems to have moved to sweden recently
Lee1001

Postby tiny4eva » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 am

Yup we didnt half notice this go down yesterday, Downloads of WinMX rocketed yesterday, we recently upgraded one of our servers from a vps to a dedi and all i can say is it was a good job, otherwise i think the patch downloads page would of been offline too. Im guessing but it looks to me the other sites just couldnt handle the added traffic of folks searching for a new home or their daily fix of free content. An it seems the tried and tested old workhorses of the P2P world have nothing but to gain from it all.
Winmx, We wont sell out like them Scurvy infected Pirate Bay Boys

http://patch.winmxconex.com
tiny4eva

Postby Overnet User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 am

Lee1001 wrote:seems that same applies to eztv,who seems to have moved to sweden recently

irc://irc.efnet.org/eztv

reports that the main site is down due to routing issues.

Maybe people will start using Ed2K/Kad Emule more? Its certainly decentralized & has millions of users.

It has been noted that winmX has jumped quite a bit above.
Last edited by Overnet User on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why Join The Fight?
Overnet User

Postby ejonesss » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:07 am

piratebay is now up but their forums are not responding

update: piratebay is not responding looks like more spottiness.
ejonesss

Postby sunnyd » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:21 am

Pirate Bay ISP Victim Of Sabotage After Shutdown

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137079/Pirate_Bay_ISP_victim_of_sabotage_after_shutdown

IDG News Service - Black Internet, the ISP that on Monday turned off the access to file-sharing site The Pirate Bay, says it has become the victim of sabotage. The damage is substantial, according to CEO Victor Möller.

Customers that get their Internet access from Black Internet were experiencing outages on Tuesday morning. The reason was sabotage against its infrastructure, according to the ISP.

On Friday, a verdict in the Stockholm district court prompted Black Internet to shut down access to The Pirate Bay. The verdict reached Black Internet on Monday, and it decided to immediately comply. Only a few hours later it became the victim of sabotage, it said.

The sabotage has been intentional, according to Möller.
sunnyd

Postby qm2003 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 am

PB is back in the game,
website is up and running,
tracker coming soon.

Riding out the storm

We have, ourselves, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our Internets, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

Even though large parts of Internets and many old and famous trackers have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Ifpi and all the odious apparatus of MPAA rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the ef-nets and darknets, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Internets, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the baywords.org, we shall fight on the /. and on the digg, we shall fight in the courts; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, the Internets or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Anon Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in Cerf's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Signed;

The Pirate Bay Crew - Always when needed.

I just want to add

so say we all

:mrgreen:
How to setup Emule. A small checklist Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing. In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?
qm2003

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 am

I just want to add

so say we all

speak for yourself, please.

in light of the story of sabotage against the ISP which was ordered by the court to disconnect TPB, is that how you really feel? is that your idea of acceptable collateral damage, that countless other customers of this ISP should lose their connections, and who knows how much monetary damage as a result, because some spoiled children, pissed off that they couldn't download whatever movie they wanted for free, felt it was acceptable to attack a victim whose only crime was to comply with a court order? i sure don't. now, granted, i don't know beyond a resonable doubt that this is what happened. but do you honestly think there's another explanation? if so, that's the coincidence of the year.

we shall defend our Internets, whatever the cost may be

the end justifies the means in the minds of some people - you know, just like the people they complain about.
MrFredPFL

Postby tiny4eva » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:09 am

Hmm id have to agree, sure be pissed your site is off. Fight and get your money back or blog how crap they are everywhere but crippling a company is abit of a step too far.

Im glad they are back on-line anyway, and im sure glad i get free BW on my server. As the mass exodus has been something ive had to watch and maintain for the last 24 hours an maybe now i can chill....... but for how long :twisted: .
Winmx, We wont sell out like them Scurvy infected Pirate Bay Boys

http://patch.winmxconex.com
tiny4eva

Postby sunnyd » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 am

The Pirate Bay Returns With Guns Blazing

http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-returns-with-guns-blazing-090825/

After initially being taken offline by Swedish authorities, and after its first escape route failed, The Pirate Bay has returned with all guns blazing. With a modified copy of one of Churchill’s most famous speeches, The Pirate Bay team tells the public that they will defend the Internet, with or without the site.
sunnyd

Next

Return to BitTorrent News