Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Fast and free remote torrent downloads with Btaccel.com

News about the BitTorrent Network. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Fast and free remote torrent downloads with Btaccel.com

Postby p2pblog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:06 am

Story : http://www.p2p-blog.com/item-1025.html

Remote torrent downloading / caching service Btaccel.com is opening up its service for a so-called controlled alpha test. Btaccel essentially offers a basic hosted torrent client, making it possible to download data from torrent sites onto the company's servers and then access it with any regular browser.

This isn't exactly a new idea. Many of the so-called seedbox providers are offering similar services for monthly fees, usually in combination with the PHP Bittorrent client Torentflux. Services like Furk.net and the Imageshack torrent downloader have also been experimenting with their own interfaces.

However, Btaccel seems to play in a leage of its own. I've had a chance to play with the service a bit today, and I must say I'm really impressed. Btaccel's interface is reduced to the bare essentials, and it just hits the sweet spot when it comes to ease of use.

click through for invites :)
p2pblog

Re: Fast and free remote torrent downloads with Btaccel.com

Postby ejonesss » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am

california based?

i am not sure how long it will last with the dmca.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby Everlast » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:40 am

hmmm, does it keep uploading the torrents after it downloads them?
Ares Galaxy forum maintainer/columnist.

Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none have been serious.
- Boxer Alan Minter
Everlast

Postby p2pblog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:14 pm

They told me that the service seeds up to a 1.1 ratio.
p2pblog

Postby ejonesss » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:21 am

i noticed now they require membership and require invite code..

how long before they go public?
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby elachim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:55 am

after few months i ve came back to btaccel and in the beginning of the september it worked pretty well. i ve try registered account and it allow me to "upload" more than 20GB from different public trackers and download it via http from everywhere in very decent speed (my home conection is limited to 300KB). also some huge torrents were available to download immediately that probably means that it had it already on its servers.? limit for one torrent is 10GB, thats quite enough ... too perfect to be true (=free) :| so from last week site is down ... on twitter (twitter.com/btaccel) they said the were moving servers, now that it could take week ... the servis was in alpha stage ... im quite curious if they even come back at all ... hope they will do :popcorn:
elachim

Postby Overnet User » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 am

in the meantime while we are waiting, Perhaps this can help.
This is likely the most comprehensive assembly of torrent-ready seedbox companies and services you will find on the interwebs. Whether you’re looking for a ready-to-go dedicated or shared seedbox with TorrentFlux, uTorrent WebUI, or even rtorrent - you’ll find a solution here. There are pros and cons to what each provider offers, in which we try to address - many packages come with unlimited torrents, although the tradeoff is a monthly bandwidth usage cap. Others have limits on the number of active torrents, but the bandwidth throughput is uncapped/unmetered.

thread continues: The most Comprehensive List of Seed box info on the web now (this thread)
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Postby elachim » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:29 am

btaccel is finally back, just try it!
elachim

Return to BitTorrent News