Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Oh, I'm a stupid file trader dont be dumb like me.

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Oh, I'm a stupid file trader dont be dumb like me.

Postby zbeast » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Wow this well written fellow is about as dumb as a box of rocks...
I wonder who actually wrote this story?

The BSA?
The MPAA?
The RIAA?

Catch a torrent of trouble
The Press | Tuesday, 03 June 2008
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4569065a28.html

Note there is no "Reporter" name linked with the story..
so they pulled this thing out of there mail and published it.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Re: Oh, I'm a stupid file trader dont be dumb like me.

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:29 pm

it's a good thing he didn't name his customers. i'd be tempted to call them up and laugh at them ;)
MrFredPFL

Postby ..Ñøßߥ.. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Well, i "read" the "article" and "presumed" it was a "joke", are you "folks" telling me it was actually "serious"? :wink:
..Ñøßߥ..

Postby Paladwyn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Holy cow! You telling me that was posted this year? Sounds like something from 5 years ago. I downloaded a torrent!!! holy cow!!!

First off BUB, you make sure your torrents come from a trusted place...and always make sure they are good. Everybody that downloads knows that as first rule - there is alot of crap out there.

It's people like this guy that gives downloading a bad name...not morally or ethically...but intelligently.
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby Toasty » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:20 pm

This guy doesn't even understand how torrents work. He describes them as though they're a network where users have shared folders - like Gnutella. That's not what torrents are. This fool strikes me as the kind of person who would believe the e-mail that says he's won the Nicaraguan National Lottery and that all he must do is e-mail them with his bank account and SS numbers. But overall, I don't think I even believe the story - it sounds more like either a joke or propaganda.
Toasty

Postby Downloader » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:04 pm

So this fuckwit doesn't know antivirus scanners don't detect spy/ad/crapware, and he works for

computer support company

also this fuckwit installed a file that he was not sure of, while connected to a network, tried to manually delete them, booted to safe mode hoping it would help and was surprised that said crapware used windows processes and filenames to hide, and was "surprised" that AV software did not flag it.

This fuckwit from

computer support company

did not even have the forethought to image the drive and disconnect from the network before experimanting with shit he had no idea about.

I wish i knew what
computer support company
he was from so I could send his CEO a note giving him a list of the 400 things he did wrong and ask for employment. Oh thats right I cant get employment in the IT industry because I lack a piece of paper saying I can use a computer, but fuckwits like this get employed to look after other peoples systems?! WTF!!!??!

The only thing more surprising is that this bullshit got posted on any site let alone a site claiming to be
Site of the year 2008 - peoples choice netguide web awards

Were those people by any chance chimps?

[Einstien]
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.

[/Einstien]

This guy, and the site, proves it.
SwordOfZork wrote:Just because you CAN sue someone, doesn't mean you're not a total douche for doing so.
Downloader

Postby Paladwyn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Nice reply Downloader :)
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby borisborkem » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Great find, hilarious article and replies.
Have been getting into writing people when they say stupid stuff, so I gave them this feedback:

"I would like to comment on the story posted on this page: http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4569065a28.html.
I will first direct you to this page, were you can see how others have responded: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=43063.

This editorial illustrated you have a great deal of ignorance about Bittorrent file sharing technology and software. Reiterating a comment found on the Slyck forum, it is hard to believe that someone who does tech support for a living would so be naive about peer to peer downloading. I would like to tell you that downloading software, even illegal software, is more than safe using Bittorrent, provided that the downloader is intelligent enough to read the comments posted by the community before initializing the torrent. It is also extremely simple - taking under 10 minutes to learn to use and understand the software and technology, provided a person knows how to surf the internet - and, again, can read.

If you are supposed to be providing technology information, I suggest that you contract/hire someone that knows what they are talking about. Although the author purports to have computer knowledge, his naivety and lack of familiarity with an extremely popular trend on the internet, makes this article sound like it was written by my grandmother."
borisborkem

Postby craftycorner » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:12 pm

So much of what this clown describes brings back memories of my newbie fumbling of ages ago. Had a good laugh...But my computer and I survived and I learned a whole lot sense then. Now, Lime Wire is sooo history...but is this guy REAL??? :lol:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
My God, its full of files!

Crafty
craftycorner

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion