Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

RIAA sues homeless man; makes 'sewer service'; Magistrate recommends Rule 11 sanctions; Judge says n

Discuss file-sharing news from other sites. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

RIAA sues homeless man; makes 'sewer service'; Magistrate recommends Rule 11 sanctions; Judge says n

Postby TorrentMama » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 am

Story : http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2008/04/riaa-sues-homeless-man-mak

In Warner v. Berry, where the RIAA was suing a man who lives in a homeless shelter, the Magistrate Judge -- Hon. Kevin Nathaniel Fox -- recommended that the plaintiffs' application for a default judgment be denied, and that the plaintiffs be ordered to show cause why they should not be sanctioned under Rule 11. The Judge agreed that the default judgment should be denied, but chose not to sanction plaintiffs' attorneys.

I had to delete my comment. It involved lynch mobs and even though this isn't europe, where I could get hauled off for hate speech, I still don't want any legal trouble!
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Re: RIAA sues homeless man; makes 'sewer service'; Magistrate re

Postby hiro81 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:33 pm

What a bunch of scumbags. :evil:
Dazzle_2 wrote:I can't see why the prosecutor {in the TPB trial} would be so stunned unless he is suffering from some sort of major culture shock based on the fact folks work together to achieve things without there being a mastermind with an ulterior motive.
hiro81

Re: RIAA sues homeless man; makes 'sewer service'; Magistrate re

Postby Toasty » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Just plain disgusting.
Toasty

Return to File-Sharing News