Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Oregon Attorney General's Reply Papers Go on the Offensive, Seek Investigation of RIAA Tactics, in A

Discuss file-sharing news from other sites. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Oregon Attorney General's Reply Papers Go on the Offensive, Seek Investigation of RIAA Tactics, in A

Postby RayBeckerman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Story : http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/11/oregon-attorney-general-fi

In a stinging rebuke to the RIAA's opposition papers, and in further support of the motion by the University of Oregon to quash the RIAA's subpoena seeking the identities of the students, in Arista v. Does 1-17, the Oregon Attorney General has filed reply papers which call for immediate discovery into the RIAA's tactics

RayBeckerman

Re: Oregon Attorney General's Reply Papers Go on the Offensive,

Postby tehdoomsayer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:44 pm

--MediaSentry appears to have been conducting an investigation without an investigator's license, in violation of ORS 703.405 and ORS 703.993(s), which is a crime;

:lookup:

i wonder if they've(RIAA, MediaDefender/Sentry, MPAA) conducted any investigations in other states without licenses. either way, GO, OREGON ATTORNEY GENERAL, GO!!
tehdoomsayer

Postby Captain America » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:19 pm

Woot!! Finally an Attorney General we can woot for!

Keep on fighting the good fight!

If legit business (that want to heir college students) can't get their personal info *for background checks or something*, than why the hell should the ass-tunnelers riaa/mpaa be able to for a law suit?

Kick ass Attorney General! :headbang:
My Machine:Intel I7 @ 2.7ghz| MSI X58 Platinum SLI Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard MS-7522| 2x Hitachi 500gig internal| Geforce gtx 260 core 216|SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 2x| dvd lightscribe|Vista 64bit
Captain America

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:46 pm

While the University is not a party to the case, Plaintiffs' subpoena affects the university's rights and obligations. Plaintiffs may be spying on students who use the University's computer system and may be accessing much more than IP addresses. The University seeks the Court's permission to serve the attached interrogatories on Plaintiffs and conduct telephonic depositions of the individuals who investigated the seventeen John Does named in this lawsuit to determine 1) what their investigative practices are and 2) whether they have any additional information with which to identify the John Does. Plaintiffs have refused to provide the University with answers to these basic questions. If Plaintiffs have nothing to hide, they should be able to agree to these reasonable requests. Since Plaintiffs have declined to share any information about what they know and how they know it, the University seeks the assistance of the Court to obtain it.

Excellent. I do hope the Judge agrees to these requests.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby RayBeckerman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 pm

tehdoomsayer wrote:
i wonder if they've(RIAA, MediaDefender/Sentry, MPAA) conducted any investigations in other states without licenses. either way, GO, OREGON ATTORNEY GENERAL, GO!!

I would say.... at least 48 of them. :)
RayBeckerman

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:49 pm

ArsTechnica's take on this story.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Return to File-Sharing News