Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

POW Leaves the Scene

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

POW Leaves the Scene

Postby IceCube » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:30 pm

For those familiar with the trance music scene, the release group POW (Promo Whores) was a consistent sight. After seven years online, information has surfaced that confirms that POW has voluntarily left the scene.

POW was among the top release groups in what is known as "the scene". They competed with groups such as DOC, EiTHeLMP3, WAV, TSP, MOD, iTALIVE and EUPHORiC.

"POW went on to become one of the defining and most respected groups in the underground dance MP3 scene. What started as a splinter movement soon grew, and soon some of the best rippers from right across the scene, and also some of it's most colourful and infamous personalities would soon become part of," POW wrote in a scene notice. "Sadly all good things come to an end, and with that in mind, with times changing, people moving on to other things, POW now comes to an end, but behind leaves a legacy and memories which many of you will have your own individual recollections of."

Their influence reached many in the scene. One source pointed to a scene release by EUPHORiC who wrote, "Farewell to POW. Much respects for all of your releases over the years!"

POW formed in April of 2000. They announced they were parting ways on November 9, 2007. POW also left with this note: "..The End Is The Beginning". Many trance users have already stated that POW will be missed.
IceCube

Re: POW Leaves the Scene

Postby LANjackal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:10 pm

Sad, but they'll be rapidly replaced, no worries.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby IceCube » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:25 am

Yeah, there's definitely competition in the trance scene. They'll be replaced in short order by one group or another. I would be surprised if the period to replace this group is more than a week.
IceCube

Postby ShawnSpree » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:38 am

Theres already trance releasers, its just they dont get stuff fast enough to release it.. So they dont serve it up because it be a dupe. Or if POW makes a error, they release a track fix.
ShawnSpree

Postby hurricanz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 pm

thought trance died
hurricanz

Postby IceCube » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:43 pm

heheh.
Last edited by IceCube on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceCube

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:51 pm

hurricanz wrote:thought trance died

Is it comfortable under that rock you're living under?
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby craftycorner » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:14 am

That hydra's growing faster than I can keep track of it! I'll bet they reincarnated...

:twisted:
My God, its full of files!

Crafty
craftycorner

Return to Slyck News