Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, default judgment case, Atlantic v. Dangler;

Discuss file-sharing news from other sites. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, default judgment case, Atlantic v. Dangler;

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:24 pm

Story : http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/10/judge-holds-riaa-evidence-

In a Rochester, New York, case, Atlantic v. Dangler, Judge David G. Larimer has denied the RIAA's request for a default judgment, on the ground that the evidence the RIAA presented (a) failed to include any details of any distribution or downloading, and (b) failed to prove that the defendant was properly identified as the individual who had operated the file sharing program:



MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 14254
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby jokster » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:15 am

:D :D :D :D
Capitalism Is Cannibalism
Resistance is fertile
User avatar
jokster
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Norn Iron

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby IceCube » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Fantastic news! :D
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby RayBeckerman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:16 pm

IceCube wrote:Fantastic news! :D
Agreed. This is the second default judgment application rejected. Let's hope it's the beginning of a trend.... actually making them come up with evidence. :toast:
RayBeckerman
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:23 pm
Location: Forest Hills, NY

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:49 pm

:toast:
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: ESPNs NBA page

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:48 pm

Here's a more 'friendly' write-up at Arstechnica ;)
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: ESPNs NBA page

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby Golgo1 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 am

piXelatedEmpire wrote:Here's a more 'friendly' write-up at Arstechnica ;)


haha I love RIvsP and all the great info in there, big cheers to Ray :toast: ... but big words make my brain hurt, and its worse when it hurts in latin
Am I the ONLY one who remembers that video KILLED the radio star?
There are two kinds of people in this world: people who can extrapolate from incomplete data
User avatar
Golgo1
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: I drink I've been thinking

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby Papa47 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:17 am

If only this judge had sat on the Thomas case. Sigh.
Bill Watkins, CEO of Seagate Technologies, on Blu-ray's meaningless victory over HD-DVD: "Blu-Ray versus HD: Well maybe Blu-Ray won, but it's a meaningless victory. ... Because guess what: People are going to download everything."
User avatar
Papa47
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 2:59 pm

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby RayBeckerman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Golgo1 wrote:
piXelatedEmpire wrote:Here's a more 'friendly' write-up at Arstechnica ;)


haha I love RIvsP and all the great info in there, big cheers to Ray :toast: ... but big words make my brain hurt, and its worse when it hurts in latin

Thanks Golgo1.
I'm not offended.
Eric does some good writing.
I'm doomed to legalese. :)
RayBeckerman
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:23 pm
Location: Forest Hills, NY

Re: Judge Holds RIAA Evidence Insufficient in Rochester, NY, def

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:47 pm

RayBeckerman wrote:
Golgo1 wrote:
piXelatedEmpire wrote:Here's a more 'friendly' write-up at Arstechnica ;)


haha I love RIvsP and all the great info in there, big cheers to Ray :toast: ... but big words make my brain hurt, and its worse when it hurts in latin

Thanks Golgo1.
I'm not offended.
Eric does some good writing.
I'm doomed to legalese. :)

Ditto Golgo1, that's why i don't mind reading ArTechnica's 'laymen' articles about these court rulings.
Having said that, the comments section of Ray's site is generall a particularly interesting read as well ;)
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: ESPNs NBA page


Return to File-Sharing News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com