Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

RIAA Accepts Formal Offer of Judgment of $300 in North Carol

Discuss file-sharing news from other sites. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

RIAA Accepts Formal Offer of Judgment of $300 in North Carol

Postby LANjackal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Story : http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogsp ... gment.html

In a North Carolina case, Capitol v. Frye, the RIAA accepted a formal "Offer of Judgment" of $300.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:46 pm

The comments for this article reveal some very interesting facts. Be sure to read those also if you're reading this.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby RayBeckerman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:03 am

piXelatedEmpire wrote:The comments for this article reveal some very interesting facts. Be sure to read those also if you're reading this.

Thank you, piXelated.....

Yeah, there are some really interesting regulars who read and comment on my blog. They're very serious, very astute people, and have made a real contribution. I'm glad you noticed and gave them credit.
RayBeckerman

Postby JolietJake » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:23 am

So they let her off easy (if you can call it that) for agreeing to disclose the name of the person "likely to be responsible for the alleged copyright infringement."

Seems about right, get her to narc for them and reveal the identity of the other person.
You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand.
JolietJake

Postby NotNow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:20 am

Because she was able (and it seems willing) to identify the person most likely to be responsible for the alleged copyright infringement.

For me that would be my cat. :lol: If she can leave an obscene greeting message, downloading and sharing music would be a walk in the park.
NotNow

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:38 am

RayBeckerman wrote:
piXelatedEmpire wrote:The comments for this article reveal some very interesting facts. Be sure to read those also if you're reading this.

Yeah, there are some really interesting regulars who read and comment on my blog. They're very serious, very astute people, and have made a real contribution. I'm glad you noticed and gave them credit.

You do have some terrific regulars whom really do contribute a lot to your site. A sign of a quality site. :D
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby RayBeckerman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm

piXelatedEmpire wrote:
RayBeckerman wrote:

You do have some terrific regulars whom really do contribute a lot to your site. A sign of a quality site. :D

Apropos of the comments section of the blog, I thought it interesting that Jon Newton of p2pnet published an article today which was based on an item from the comments section.(See first Mike O'Donnell post).
RayBeckerman

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 pm

I read that post by Mike actually and I remember thinking it was very well presented. it is of no suprise to me someone referenced it in an article.
piXelatedEmpire

Return to File-Sharing News