Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

UseNeXT Service...

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

UseNeXT Service...

Postby Morgion » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:31 am

Unfortunately, I didn't find out that UseNeXT is getting somewhat notorious for it's scams, until after I had already signed up for a 14day free trial account.

Could someone tell me what company name they will attempt to charge my account with? Because I'm going to get ahold of my bank tomorrow and make sure they don't allow any of it to go through.

I don't have much money in there, so if they scam me for something big, it'll probably bounce.

Anyway, my details are as follows: I signed up, and never recieved an email with login details. I tried contacting them through their "Online Enquiries." Told them that I never recieved an email from them, nor was it in my emails spam folder.

So I get a reply, with them saying they could NOT find my details or account information. So not only am I not able to try the 14 day free trial, but I can't cancel the account either.

So, I need to know what company name will be coming u p to charge me, just in case they try to charge me for their service. When I have NO details for logging into that website, when I have NO way of even USING the service at all, that pisses me off.

It's only been 48 hours so far.

I'll post any further updates.
Morgion

Postby enigmax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:02 am

UseNeXT is a service of:

Aviteo Ltd.
Gainsborough House
81 Oxford Street
London W1D 2EU
Great Britain

Legally registered address:
Aviteo Ltd.
Theresienstrasse 6-8
80333 Munich

Directors
O. Stangl, A. Mihalovits

If you have some time, read their T&C
enigmax

Postby brucedlx » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:14 am

I've never heard of UseNext scams, in fact I have heard some decent reviews.

What did you give them that they could scam you with? If it's a credit card #, you should have gotten some kind of receipt of payment, and if you have this, you can show it to UseNext to prove that you paid them. If they still say no, don't worry, if they try to charge your card you can easily call your bank or # on back of card and your company will take care of you, 99% of the time they are on your side.

I don't think they can really scam you and take money right out of your bank unless you gave them all the details and permission to do automatic withdrawals. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it, worst case scenario you have to make a couple of phone calls.
brucedlx

Postby who_me » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:19 am

brucedlx wrote:I've never heard of UseNext scams, in fact I have heard some decent reviews.

What did you give them that they could scam you with? If it's a credit card #, you should have gotten some kind of receipt of payment, and if you have this, you can show it to UseNext to prove that you paid them. If they still say no, don't worry, if they try to charge your card you can easily call your bank or # on back of card and your company will take care of you, 99% of the time they are on your side.

I don't think they can really scam you and take money right out of your bank unless you gave them all the details and permission to do automatic withdrawals. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it, worst case scenario you have to make a couple of phone calls.

LMFAo
never fails some shill comes along to praise usenext...
want proof shill boy? google: "usenext scam"
comon.. argue the search results ;)
ADVERTISING SPACE
FOR SALE.
who_me

Postby brucedlx » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:42 pm

I never praised Usenext I just said I heard good reviews.

http://www.download-newsgroup.com/?p=14

Is what I was referring to. I never tried them myself I've only seen links.

The rest of the info is general information which can be used anytime paying for things online. Get your facts straight before you turn on the flamethrower kid.
brucedlx

Postby jplus503 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:26 pm

As you can see here at the bottom of the page they are rated rather poorly.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
jplus503

Postby sm00nie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:07 pm

brucedlx wrote:I never praised Usenext I just said I heard good reviews.

download-newsgroup. com/?p=14

Is what I was referring to. I never tried them myself I've only seen links.

The site you listed is purely intended to make the webmaster money through as he puts it, "contacts with major Usenet Providers". There are no independent reviews or thoughts of his own, all of which are praises directed to users in hopes of earning income from the newsgroup providers themselves.

As Jplus linked, the ngprovider review site has a rather impartial review system that can be trusted (but you may want to verify with other site's/users as well).

Hope you were able to block the charge.
sm00nie

Postby brucedlx » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:15 am

Seems like the service is a bit slippery after all.
brucedlx

Postby Darth Lord » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:31 am

Mmmmh, Download-newsgroup is one of my websites..

As sm00nie said, we do earn a small fee when a user suscribes to a provider (not only Usenext indeed), which doesn't make us so dependant from them.

Above the billing problem some users might have (obviously, not all of them), Usenext is clearly made for beginners. they offer a custom software, really simple to use. One of their other advantages is that the pull their news from a lot a different providers, they are reselling Highwinds and Giganews, for example. This means, by using them, you acces to all those providers.

At the opposite, they are quite a bit expensive, they make you pay for the redundancy and the software.

Power users will of course go for Giganews, UNS or NH, where you can use your nice Newsleecher.

I'm just afraid, and this is not a attack, that Slyck users are too "educated" to use Usenext, and might not understand the needs of the beginners.

If you want to discuss it, I'm there, with no affiliate link or someting ;)
Darth Lord

Postby blargh » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:28 am

Edit: usenext is a scam, that's all.
This text makes my post look better.
blargh

Postby Darth Lord » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:40 am

Ok great, no way to discuss :roll:
Darth Lord

Postby jplus503 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:06 pm

Darth Lord wrote:I'm just afraid, and this is not a attack, that Slyck users are too "educated" to use Usenext, and might not understand the needs of the beginners.

When I was a beginner I was using Agent and my free Comcast Giganews account. I switched to Newsleecher after trying many other binary readers and found Astraweb and used them soley for years. Now I use Sabnzbd with Usenet-News.net and Astraweb as my backup. The number of people who have problems with usenext seems to be more than any other provider. I have never used them, but I see no need to. There is plenty of easy to use software out there for the beginner and a number of cheaper options with better customer service.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
jplus503

Postby gsorel » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:25 pm

which doesn't make us so dependant from them.

:lol: ouf ouf ouf :lol:
gsorel

Postby Darth Lord » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:03 am

gsorel wrote:
which doesn't make us so dependant from them.

:lol: ouf ouf ouf :lol:

gsorel, my dear friend, are you depending of Giganews, Newsdemon or Power-Usenet ? :wink:
Darth Lord

Postby gsorel » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:11 am

my dear friend
no, please
gsorel

Postby napho » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:59 am

UseNext is making a very generous free offer. I wonder how many can resist. This way we can tell how upstanding they are by the number of horror stories when people try to cancel after the trial is over. :)

http://www.newsgroups-info.com/blogen/i ... b-for-free
napho

Postby Darth Lord » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:17 am

Could you imagine some people even stays at Usenext after the trial, because they like the software ? :shock:
Darth Lord

Postby napho » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:44 am

Darth Lord wrote:Could you imagine some people even stays at Usenext after the trial, because they like the software ? :shock:

Reminds me of AOL. I could understand noobs using the free 3 month trial, but after that time or maybe another 3 months free you'd figure they'd be bright enough to dump AOL, but surprisingly they didn't. :shock:
napho

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:46 am

Darth Lord wrote:Could you imagine some people even stays at Usenext after the trial, because they like the software ? :shock:

i have no problem believing that some people like the service. but like AOL, what bothers me is the seemingly high number of people who have billing problems if they try to cancel. perhaps you'd like to explain why that happens.
MrFredPFL

Postby Darth Lord » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:55 am

MrFredPFL wrote:

i have no problem believing that some people like the service. but like AOL, what bothers me is the seemingly high number of people who have billing problems if they try to cancel. perhaps you'd like to explain why that happens.

I've no clue or idea about that. From my point of view, it seems that they've had some problems in the past, but they are becoming more and more reliable as a Usenet provider.
I still see some charging problems, but way less than in the past.
Darth Lord

Postby Darth Lord » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:58 am

I'm just taking an example :

Take a french guy; there is no newsgraber in french except the Usenext software at the moment. Only a few sites are in good french, no so much choice. Usenext is german, charges in euro, sound safer for a french guy.

There you have the perfect provider for a french beginner. (Works for the spanish, germans..)
Darth Lord

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:46 pm

i'll say it again: i have no trouble believing that some people find usenext useful, but the large number of people who have problems with billing if they do NOT find it useful is a very bad thing, imo. a "perfect provider" is one who doesn't continue to charge people money after they say they don't want the service anymore.
MrFredPFL

Postby Darth Lord » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:27 am

MrFredPFL wrote:i'll say it again: i have no trouble believing that some people find usenext useful, but the large number of people who have problems with billing if they do NOT find it useful is a very bad thing, imo. a "perfect provider" is one who doesn't continue to charge people money after they say they don't want the service anymore.

Right
Darth Lord

Postby king8654 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:21 am

Fuck UseNext and everything it stands for in the way it saps beginners of their p2p virginity and online credit card trust.

There is no reason to use it, and with some useful tutorials, like the ones on Slyck, other cheaper and much more useful services are available without the hassles UseNext lovers speak of.

Point blank. :evil:
"Pirating when its legal is like getting a vasectomy. Its not fun without the venom."
http://www.myweddingisover.com - Wedding/Relationship Based Auction Site
king8654

Postby Darth Lord » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:46 am

Yeah yeah yeah, show me any provider, offering something as simple as Usenext.
Easynews could be an alternative, but only for english speaking users.
Darth Lord

Next

Return to NewsGroups