Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Usenext... Ripped me off

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Usenext... Ripped me off

Postby goregrindfanatici5m » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:58 am

Yea. I signed up for it like an idiot and didn't bother to read the fine print. Cool. I got ripped the fuck off, and completely legally.

Except for the fact that they sent me completely bogus log-in information and password.

This, I see as a problem. Preventing somebody from canceling the service via pulling that... Yea, can somebody say embezzlement? I sure as hell can. I have a VERY good lawyer in my family and I fully intend to take these sons of bitches to court. Either way, its a lose/lose situation for them. They've got to pay for a lawyer, and I don't. And if I win... Well, that will make me happy to say the very least. And maybe just a little bit better off in the $ situation.

I'm a soldier in the US Army, I'm leaving for Iraq in 3 months, and I do NOT make very much money. Its bullshit that they scam people like that. It sickens me.

Well anyway I gave them an altimatum telling them that they DAMN well better get a hold of me or they'll have my boot up there ass, the part about my boot being figurative of course. If anyone tells you that this service is "legit", "cool", "hip", or any other bullshit thing... They're bullshit liars. Do NOT get ripped off by this scum! Steer clear of it.
goregrindfanatici5m

Postby blargh » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:44 am

Welcome to the internet, usenext has been a known scam for quite some time now. Although some argue it's "legit" .. which I personally find laughable myself.

I truly hope you sue those assholes for every fucking euro they've got!

Also, in the future, you might want to google everything before you try it out, paranoia is sadly a requirement these days.
This text makes my post look better.
blargh

Postby qm2003 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:45 am

USENEXT is known for this kind of stuff.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing. In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?
qm2003

Postby who_me » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:30 am

does any1 have a name for the actual owner of this company? i bet if his name were known and spread 20 bucks says he ends up in the hospital. 8)
ADVERTISING SPACE
FOR SALE.
who_me

Postby enigmax » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 am

I cannot condone violence but should you need to contact them and your lawyer wants someone who speaks English to argue with

Company Details - AVITEO LTD.
Registered No. 05069029
Address: GAINSBOROUGH HOUSE
81 OXFORD STREET
LONDON
W1D 2EU

Incorporation Date: 10/03/2004
Last Accounts Filed: 31/12/2005
Last Accounts Analysed: 31/12/2005

I don't know how successful you'll be. GEMA have an injunction out against UseNext and I don't think they're taking any notice of that either.

Aviteo Ltd., a company domiciled in Munich, submitted a motion to appeal against the temporary cease and desist order requested by GEMA (German collecting society for author’s rights on music) and issued by the State Court at Hamburg on 01/22/07, i.e. the same day said injunction was ordered. The injunction, which was ordered without a preliminary oral hearing, had been preceded by a letter of notice from GEMA dated 12/19/06.

The order aims at temporarily restraining Aviteo Ltd. from operating the service with individual works from the GEMA repertoire. It was also ordered that Aviteo Ltd. no longer use possibly confusing language in its advertising statements that could be construed as recommendations to customers of the service to use same in illegal ways.

Aviteo Ltd. opines that the injunction does not affect the operation of the service. As a mere re-seller of Usenet access options, UseNeXT does not as such have any impact on the contents. Unlike RapidShare.de, for instance, UseNeXT does not host any files. In the event that UseNeXT is made aware of files on the Usenet that are protected by respective copyright laws, UseNeXT instantly forwards said information to the affected Usenet provider for verification/deletion. This is also how the files the GEMA complaint pertains to were handled.

In terms of the communications that are the object of the complaint, Aviteo Ltd. clarifies that absolutely nothing in said statements was said with the intent to instigate license or rights infringements by users. According to the company, terms such as <unfiltered> and <anonymous> are used to emphasize basic properties of the Usenet. This open, de-centrally organized worldwide news network has been enabling users to exchange data without government or any other type of filtration since the late 70’s. Consequently, Usenet is subjected to censorship in many authoritarian countries.

There is no way to completely rule out the abuse of the liberties inherent in Usenet by a small percentage users. UseNeXT will continue to diligently forward any legal infringements clearly identified as such to the respective Usenet providers. It is absolutely intolerable that the abuse by a few casts a shadow of suspicion over an entire system, its users and providers.

Good luck but I have a horrible feeling they are watertight
enigmax

Postby SleepyOne » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:09 am

A while back after reading claims that Usenext was scamming, I decided to give it a try.

I signed up for a trial. Used the trail. Decided to stay for another month. Used the month. Then closed the account.

No extra charges to my CC.
All charges were correct.
All listed features worked as listed.

Then I started reading more carefully all these claims of scamming... and I realized that NONE of them contain any details as to exactly HOW they scam.

Infact ALL the complaints I see seem to come from a strange crowd that seems to follow this pattern: "OMG I GOT SCAMMED!!!111!!! IM GONNA SUE THEM FOR MILLIONS OF CASH... IM SO ANGRY!!!11!!"

I'm not trying to defend Usenext or anything, its just that claiming stuff without proof or even telling what the scam is about seems pointless.

Are they charging CC's after the trial is over?
Is that what people refer to as a scam?
If so.. it *CLEARLY* says that you will be billed after the trial ends if you do not cancel.

*THIS IS NOT A SCAM*
SleepyOne

Postby qm2003 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:37 am

It is a scam by hiding such relevant information in the "terms of service".

By a recent court ruling in Germany this practice is now ILLEGAL (at least in Germany).

Edit: There were also some postings claiming USENEXT was ignoring the cancellation of trial accounts and would charge the CC anyway.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing. In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?
qm2003

Postby SleepyOne » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:01 pm

So what you are saying is that people go nuts and want to sue because they failed to read and lost $10 ?

See this is why you cant trust anything you read online...

EDITED - HC
SleepyOne

Postby goregrindfanatici5m » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:56 pm

It would be better if I could actually use the alleged "service". Read my post more carefully

EDITED - HC

Please read the forum rules more carefully, both of you!!!

SleepyOne wrote:A while back after reading claims that Usenext was scamming, I decided to give it a try.

I signed up for a trial. Used the trail. Decided to stay for another month. Used the month. Then closed the account.

No extra charges to my CC.
All charges were correct.
All listed features worked as listed.

Then I started reading more carefully all these claims of scamming... and I realized that NONE of them contain any details as to exactly HOW they scam.

Infact ALL the complaints I see seem to come from a strange crowd that seems to follow this pattern: "OMG I GOT SCAMMED!!!111!!! IM GONNA SUE THEM FOR MILLIONS OF CASH... IM SO ANGRY!!!11!!"

I'm not trying to defend Usenext or anything, its just that claiming stuff without proof or even telling what the scam is about seems pointless.

Are they charging CC's after the trial is over?
Is that what people refer to as a scam?
If so.. it *CLEARLY* says that you will be billed after the trial ends if you do not cancel.

*THIS IS NOT A SCAM*
goregrindfanatici5m

Postby goregrindfanatici5m » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:59 pm

I do believe its more than 10$...

SleepyOne wrote:So what you are saying is that people go nuts and want to sue because they failed to read and lost $10 ?

EDITED - HC
goregrindfanatici5m

Postby SleepyOne » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 pm

If you got scammed by them, shouldnt you KNOW how much they "scammed" you for?

Have you even visited their webpage?

goregrindfanatici5m wrote:I do believe its more than 10$...

SleepyOne wrote:So what you are saying is that people go nuts and want to sue because they failed to read and lost $10 ?

EDITED - HC
SleepyOne

Postby who_me » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:28 pm

SleepyOne wrote:If you got scammed by them, shouldnt you KNOW how much they "scammed" you for?

EDITED - HC

soo, umm whats your yearly salary from usenext? :wink:
ADVERTISING SPACE
FOR SALE.
who_me

Postby SleepyOne » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:39 pm

who_me wrote:
SleepyOne wrote:If you got scammed by them, shouldnt you KNOW how much they "scammed" you for?

EDITED - HC

soo, umm whats your yearly salary from usenext? :wink:

None, only experience Ive had with them is what I posted.

I dont see how your comment is even relevant?

A guy posts about an alleged scam, offers no details or proof. I question this as I have other experiences with the same company... and somehow that leads to me being on their payroll?

Stick to the topic or dont reply to the thread.
SleepyOne

Postby carcassfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:42 pm

goregrindfanatici5m

8) 8)
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."

-Ted Nugent

God Bless America!
Tekk wrote:most of the things being pirated are obscure mexican bands
carcassfan

Postby ejonesss » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm

try calling your credit card co and getting a chargeback.

tell them you did not get the services or that your card was used in fraud and try to get them to get your money back.
ejonesss

Re: Usenext... Ripped me off

Postby LD50% » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:28 pm

goregrindfanatici5m wrote:Yea. I signed up for it like an idiot and didn't bother to read the fine print.

Yep..

I'm a soldier in the US Army, I'm leaving for Iraq in 3 months

Yep..

Cool. I got ripped the fuck off, and completely legally.

Yep..

From an ex soldier to another, take care ..... :wink:
LD50%

Postby hc2 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:31 pm

Especially with those car dealers outside the gates of Ft Hood when you get your combat pay check when you get back.
hc2

Postby goregrindfanatici5m » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:02 am

EDITED - HC

Nope, of course I've never been to their website (sarcasm)... Are you handicapped? Seriously.
goregrindfanatici5m

Postby goregrindfanatici5m » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:02 am

carcassfan wrote:
goregrindfanatici5m

8) 8)

Yea. I love metal.
goregrindfanatici5m

Postby SleepyOne » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:44 pm

goregrindfanatici5m wrote:

EDITED - HC

Nope, of course I've never been to their website (sarcasm)... Are you handicapped? Seriously.

You dont know how much you got scammed for, you obviously cant read, you scream out in anger because YOUR ignorance cost you $10-30 ... and now you are calling me handicapped? Instant-classic.

You sir, fail on all levels.

You are also breaking forum-rules but thats a different matter.
SleepyOne

Return to NewsGroups