Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Buying in ITUNES Store USA for non americans

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Buying in ITUNES Store USA for non americans

Postby alemax6 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:38 am

hi guys...i wanna ask u a question...there are 2 songs performed by jakob dylan in the first 2 episodes of six degrees (the tv show)...those are 'here comes now' and 'stardust universe'...i couldn't find out any of them in anyone place...i found them only on Itunes store USA, where i cannot buy...cause i'm not american...does anyone know how can i solve this situation?

I tried to search on the web but it seems taht non-americans have no way to buy on foreign ITUNES store...is there anyone who could buy the song for me? (it's only 1$)..obviously i'd send the money to this person before....
alemax6

Postby ShawnSpree » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:42 am

Download the first two episodes.. and make sure you have them in avi(XVID). And you can use a program to rip the audio out of it, and encode to mp3. Then use a mp3cutter to cut the song out. There be a release on the OST that may be coming out, as well as the song will be drm free and placed on the web soon enough.
ShawnSpree

Postby TorrentMama » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:52 am

ShawnSpree wrote:Download the first two episodes.. and make sure you have them in avi(XVID). And you can use a program to rip the audio out of it, and encode to mp3. Then use a mp3cutter to cut the song out. There be a release on the OST that may be coming out, as well as the song will be drm free and placed on the web soon enough.

I thought aboout advising that, but that's just too much work for 2 songs!

What about just changing your credit card address to somewhere in the US? Make the purchase & change the address back.

EDIT: for my own use, have any advice on a good mp3 cutter? The one I was using sucked.
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby alemax6 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:57 am

well...i already cut the song from avi, it's only one minute, then then the speech comes out...about the second attempt...i don't think i can change the info of my credit card (for the records - a prepaid card that works on the VISA circuit)...to be honest i never heard it could be possible...is it??

ps. i also have a paypal account and i tried using it...but without any success...itunes's still asking me a USA bank-card...
alemax6

Postby P2P_G » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:12 am

Have you tried eMule with the biggest server?
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby TorrentMama » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:24 am

You could buy an itunes gift card from ebay, search a buy now w/digital delivery.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Itunes-10-Gift-Cert ... dZViewItem
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby alemax6 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:41 am

P2P_G wrote:Have you tried eMule with the biggest server?

of course i tried...if u mean donkeyservers...but i think that it's only available on itunes, where songs have restrictions in using...

edit: sorry..i didn't read the post above...now i'm gonna have a look at this link...
alemax6

Postby alemax6 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:49 am

i also asked the seller about that...
u absolutely sure that with that card (unless i have an account on itunes italian store)i will be allowed to purchase on other stores?
alemax6

Postby TorrentMama » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:57 am

apple says
Gifts purchased from the iTunes Store in the United States may be purchased only for, and redeemed only by, residents of the United States. Gifts are non-refundable. Gifts may not be purchased with iTunes Cards, Gift Certificates or Allowance Accounts.

I have heard that it works anyway

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/ind ... 47703.html
TorrentMama

Postby ShawnSpree » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm

Yeah, came on the net today. THank you SCENE For it =)
. INFoRMATiON .
. .
ARTiST.......: Jakob Dylan
TiTLE........: Here Comes Now - Single
GeNRe........: Rock
RiP DaTE.....: 05.10.2006
ENCOdER......: Lame 3.97
BiTrAtE......: VBR kbps / Joint Stereo
TRACkS.......: 1
YeaR.........: 2006
TRaCK LiST
# Track Name Time
-
01 Here Comes Now 4:19
Total 04:19 min
ShawnSpree

Postby alemax6 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:52 am

ShawnSpree wrote:Yeah, came on the net today. THank you SCENE For it =)
. INFoRMATiON .
. .
ARTiST.......: Jakob Dylan
TiTLE........: Here Comes Now - Single
GeNRe........: Rock
RiP DaTE.....: 05.10.2006
ENCOdER......: Lame 3.97
BiTrAtE......: VBR kbps / Joint Stereo
TRACkS.......: 1
YeaR.........: 2006
TRaCK LiST
# Track Name Time
-
01 Here Comes Now 4:19
Total 04:19 min

thats great! where did u find that? i mean, which p2p source?
Last edited by alemax6 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
alemax6

Postby Inksaver » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:02 am

This whole thread is a typical example of the music industry's incompetence in the digital world.
A guy in Italy wants to PURCHASE an iTunes song, and cannot. So what does he have to do? Use P2P.
Wake up and smell the coffee, music industry.
Inksaver

Postby alemax6 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:07 am

Inksaver wrote:This whole thread is a typical example of the music industry's incompetence in the digital world.
A guy in Italy wants to PURCHASE an iTunes song, and cannot. So what does he have to do? Use P2P.
Wake up and smell the coffee, music industry.

u perfectly rigth man...i'd really want to purchase this song (i like it, so, who cares of only one dollar?)...but if it's a hell to buy music in the States,
what can i do? hope the music ind understand that one time for all...
alemax6

Postby ShawnSpree » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:24 pm

PM me your email address and look for a surprise =)
ShawnSpree

Postby GraphiX » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:50 pm

another reason why they will never stop filesharing or get people to stop sharing files.

want to purchase something you can't
so you have to find alternative ways of obtaining

i swear they walk around with their eyes closed bouncing from wall to wall to wall to wall

people will never give up filesharing for one simple reason they know the industry will not and cannot provide us with what we want when we want just like this guys example.

and if we did stop filesharing people would realise now and in the future they've just closed the door to ever being able to get something the industry wont provide full stop.

shawnspree very kind of you to help a fellow slycker :)
GraphiX

Postby alemax6 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:49 am

so sorry for late!! i wanna thank all people that helped me in any way! u were very nice! i also learnt how to purchase a song in itunes usa store - that is using a gift certificate, as i was advised some post above. So, thanks again everybody!! :)
alemax6

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion