Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

eMule

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby Assyrian » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:59 pm

IceCube wrote:
Assyrian wrote:
Progz wrote:Now for Status it says "Waiting" how long does waiting take, till it starts to download?



well, ummm .. should take around 3-4 years ..


Give me a break, you say that because you compare downloading something incredibly rare on ED2K to mainstream cr@p on usenet. :roll:


no, i say that because its slow. look @ ares and gnutella, less people, faster downloads, emule has what? 2X more users, and slow as an a old man chasing a snail up a mountain.

about the whole rare shit, i've never had problems with rare files, the BT sites i visit post old shit up here and there, and so they end up on p2p networks.
away.
User avatar
Assyrian
The King
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sydney, OZ

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:59 pm

lordpake wrote:
But, primarily, the reason you are waiting so long on eMule for downloads, is because of it's homosexual 'Credit' system.

Excuse me? The system is slow because ppl share hundreds maybe even thousands of files and they do not have enough bandwidth to support it. One fair way of ensuring that most ppl get what they want is by putting ppl in queues. Your way of the donkey promotes trade, which is discriminates those who don't have something to ul to you in return. With eMule, all you have to do is wait :) that simple.


I can vouch for lordpake. I have over 23 GB of podcasting stuff in my shared directory with over 50 people on my queue at any given time (rarely dipping below 40 ever) Some files are well over 600MB each and I pretty much download the casts from servers straight to my shared directory (they all licence me to do so via CC licences which is the only reason I have the balls to do something like that)

Point is, I simply can't let my upload connection go over 35kb/s or else I'd risk crippling my browsing speed (with sharing torrents at the same time sometimes) and I hear from other people who use my machine when the browsing speed is below a satisfactory level :(
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:11 pm

lordpake wrote:Actually by just limiting yourself on using Razorback2.0 and having nothing else in your serverlist you risk shooting yourself in the foot.


I have all the servers in my list. Again, a user only needs Razorback2.0. It's a technicality.

lordpake wrote:What about the ppl ie sources on other servers? I guess you don't need them then


Whatever you are finding on Razorback2.0, you will find less of it on less populated servers.

lordpake wrote:Excuse me? The system is slow because ppl share hundreds maybe even thousands of files and they do not have enough bandwidth to support it. There's nothing 'gay' in it. One fair way of ensuring that most ppl get what they want is by putting ppl in queues. Your way of the donkey promotes trade, which is discriminates those who don't have something to ul to you in return. With eMule, all you have to do is wait :) that simple.


You took my comment out of context, primarily. ie it's a technicality, that if Progz wanted that same file on eD2k Lite, it would most certianly download. Albeit, slow. At first. But, could even download quite 'fast'.

lordpake wrote:Your way of the donkey promotes trade


Ya damn right...

lordpake wrote:which discriminates those who don't have something to ul to you in return.


If they don't have something to 'upload to me in return' is the 'average Jo' that possibly doesn't have anything to give me on anyother P2P, one uses.

I emphisize fully, that The 'Credit' system restricts the 'flowing' of files'


lordpake wrote:With eMule, all you have to do is wait :) that simple.


With that logic, what about the 'users' that are technically 'discriminated' in such circumstances. ie in Progz posision.

Assyrian wrote:no, i say that because its slow. look @ ares and
gnutella, less people, faster downloads, emule has what? 2X more users, and slow as an a old man chasing a snail up a mountain.


The issue of the eDonkey network having more users, is quite contradictory. A users can only connect to one server at a time. The amount of users added up by Slyck, doesn't mean you connect to the total amount of users. The only Server that a user needs on the eDonkey network, is Razorback2.0


Assyrian wrote:about the whole rare shit, i've never had problems with rare files, the BT sites i visit post old shit up here and there, and so they end up on p2p networks.


I am almost certain that you don't have much of a 'rarity' taste, in content. ie if you did indeed have so, you'd know/realise that Overnet and the eDonkey networks offer classic films found nowhere else. Indeed, films that are not heard of, as well as not found anywhere else. 'Hard to find' music, in some circumstances (SoulSeek is clealry better in them circumstances). Unpopular software. Naturlaly emphisized as 'rare', and, not available anywhere else.
Last edited by Cybergenetic on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:17 pm

Cybergenetic wrote:
lordpake wrote:What about the ppl ie sources on other servers? I guess you don't need them then


Whatever you are finding on Razorback2.0, you will find less of it on less populated servers.

Actually I have found some extremely rare stuff from very small servers. Because I had many servers in my list and thus was able to perform a proper global search. So the content known by Razorback are by no means the content you have in the network.

emphisize fully, that The 'Credit' system restricts the 'flowing' of files'

Heh :) You are starting to sound like certain person I know from another forum. It's not the credit system (lol), it's the fact that ppl have too many files shared. Why is it so hard to understand it? :D

PS. There is nothing discriminating in putting ppl to wait their turns :)
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:21 pm

Cybergenetic wrote:
lordpake wrote:With eMule, all you have to do is wait :) that simple.


With that logic, what about the 'users' that are technically 'discriminated' in such circumstances. ie in Progz posision.


Does it REALLY make a difference in terms of speeds? No matter who you upload to, if a person only has 8 slots open at any given time on, say, and 45kb/s up line (that's open) It doesn't effect distribution one way or another so long as the other users are kindly sharing the file.

I witnessed the credit system in fulll effect when a file was released and there was only one source avaliable. At that time, my directory had less in it, so my queue was very short and I was almost always the first to get the chunks because I basically dedicated my uploading to a single file. That's just with observation though.
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:33 pm

lordpake wrote:Actually I have found some extremely rare stuff from very small servers. Because I had many servers in my list and thus was able to perform a proper global search. So the content known by Razorback are by no means the content you have in the network.


If you can actually eleaberate on that content and which servers, I could possibly understand. But, as you haven't, It's quite contradictory to say what you have 'found' on other servers, other than Razorback2.0

lordpake wrote:Heh :) You are starting to sound like certain person I know from another forum.


I could be that person, no doubt :twisted:.

lordpake wrote:It's not the credit system (lol), it's the fact that ppl have too many files shared. Why is it so hard to understand it? :D


Becuase that's NOT the technicalitys of why someone like Progz is 'waiting'. If someone has too many files, then WHY would that be an issue in eMules 'Credit' system? If it is indeed the reason, then the eMule programmer(s) better get their act together.

lordpake wrote:PS. There is nothing discriminating in putting ppl to wait their turns :)


I think that is quite bias. Considering he's going to be waiting a HELL of a LONG time becaudse of the 'Credit' system. The technicalitys of him being a new user, will have him wait a very LONG time, until he get's files so he can 'contribute to the 'Credit' system, that 'drives' eMule.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby Assyrian » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:40 pm

Does it REALLY make a difference in terms of speeds?


my monthly limit is 60GB, i plan to use it all. so ed2k isnt what i want.

Cybergentic: i'd rather run around video stores searching for those rare classic movies than to wait on ed2k, i'd get them quicker.
away.
User avatar
Assyrian
The King
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sydney, OZ

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:56 pm

Assyrian wrote:i'd rather run around video stores searching for those rare classic movies than to wait on ed2k, i'd get them quicker.


Well, the longest I've waited for a file on eD2k is 30 hours (if you can't wait that long, unlucky). Indeed I've heard of people waiting alot longer, but I strongly presume there Internet connection was down, or they just were using a 'tightened' port, or indeed, their router hadn't had it's port opened. Or, there wa sonly 1 user.

I'd rather get it for free, wack it onto DVD/SVCD and not wasting my time having to 'fanny' around looking for it in a video shop, which more than likley, would have to order, and wait days for. for the shop to have it. By then, I'd have it on my computer. Indeed, I'd have most of it, and been able to preview it, as well.

I'd rather ge tit for free. Becuase it's meant to be free. That logic implying, if the industry is making billions, indeed millions, then logiclaly, they shouldn't be moaning abotu it. Indeed, the reason they are, is becuase they love making the amount of money they are currently making, and psyhcotically not wanting the 'average Jo' to get it for pennies.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby Progz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:05 pm

Well now that everyone made friends lets hug each other :lol:
Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby Assyrian » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:22 pm

Cybergenetic you moron i was been sarcastic.

off to work. enjoy.
away.
User avatar
Assyrian
The King
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sydney, OZ

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm

Progz wrote:Well now that everyone made friends lets hug each other :lol:


Indeed.

Assyrian wrote:Cybergenetic you moron i was been sarcastic.


Ok. But the reason I made such a comment, is due to your're past comments and thoughts on using eD2k and eMule. It implied that you wouldn't touch them. So naturlaly I responded like that :D.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:51 am

Cybergenetic wrote:
lordpake wrote:Actually I have found some extremely rare stuff from very small servers. Because I had many servers in my list and thus was able to perform a proper global search. So the content known by Razorback are by no means the content you have in the network.


If you can actually eleaberate on that content and which servers, I could possibly understand. But, as you haven't, It's quite contradictory to say what you have 'found' on other servers, other than Razorback2.0

lordpake wrote:It's not the credit system (lol), it's the fact that ppl have too many files shared. Why is it so hard to understand it? :D


Becuase that's NOT the technicalitys of why someone like Progz is 'waiting'. If someone has too many files, then WHY would that be an issue in eMules 'Credit' system? If it is indeed the reason, then the eMule programmer(s) better get their act together.


First of all do you go around telling ppl what kind of stuff you download? No? I thought so too. For me, this one was a chapter of certain shounen-ai manga :) Considering it is copyrighted it is best if I do not release any more info. However should you whish to try to seek that file, feel free to pm me for additional details. There is nothing contradictory in it, please stop trying to obfuscate things.


As for 'the eMule crew getting their act together', how would you suggest that would be done? In order to guarantee that rare files still remain in the system? As is currently.

Also, it is not the credit system that effects here, please go read the docs about it first. Credit system merely gives a minor boost in queue position to ppl who have uploaded to you. Once again, the main reason for network slowness (and by slowness I do not mean actual transfer speeds but the waiting times here, actual transfer speeds depend upon the peers you connect to) is the massive amount of files ppl share versus their rather small upload bandwidth :)

Can't you come up with any real arguments here?
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby Assyrian » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:30 am

Cybergenetic wrote:
Progz wrote:Well now that everyone made friends lets hug each other :lol:


Indeed.

Assyrian wrote:Cybergenetic you moron i was been sarcastic.


Ok. But the reason I made such a comment, is due to your're past comments and thoughts on using eD2k and eMule. It implied that you wouldn't touch them. So naturlaly I responded like that :D.


congratulations heres a dollar go buy yourself a wowwy pop.
away.
User avatar
Assyrian
The King
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sydney, OZ

Postby Cybergenetic » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:38 pm

lordpake wrote:First of all do you go around telling ppl what kind of stuff you download? No? I thought so too.


I have nothing to hide. If it means it substanciate your're claims on what you found that wasn't on Razorback2.0, then indeed, it takes a user to say what it was.


lordpake wrote:There is nothing contradictory in it, please stop trying to obfuscate things.


If you can't substanciate, indeed, elaberate, then it is slightly contradicting in emphisizing that you found files that weren't on Razorback2.0

Stop contradicting the issue :).


lordpake wrote:As for 'the eMule crew getting their act together', how would you suggest that would be done? In order to guarantee that rare files still remain in the system? As is currently.


I'd tell them to 'stick their eMule'.

lordpake wrote:Credit system merely gives a minor boost in queue position to ppl who have uploaded to you.


It's hardly ''minor'', that's the whole point. The issue surrounding me debating the 'Credit' system, is, that of Progz issue. It souly depends on what he's after, but if he's unlucky enough, then those files will be forever be 'waiting', due to him having nothing to upload. And seeing how the network can be primarily slow, then he's obviosuly going to be waiting a long time.

lordpake wrote:Can't you come up with any real
arguments here?


The real debate and issues, were about how 2nd rate eMule was to eD2k Lite.


Assyrian wrote:congratulations heres a dollar go buy yourself a wowwy pop.


Seeing how arrogant you are being, how about you go and stick that wowwy pop up your're arse.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:52 pm

Cybergenetic wrote:
lordpake wrote:First of all do you go around telling ppl what kind of stuff you download? No? I thought so too.


I have nothing to hide. If it means it substanciate your're claims on what you found that wasn't on Razorback2.0, then indeed, it takes a user to say what it was.


lordpake wrote:There is nothing contradictory in it, please stop trying to obfuscate things.


If you can't substanciate, indeed, elaberate, then it is slightly contradicting in emphisizing that you found files that weren't on Razorback2.0

Stop contradicting the issue :).


LOL! You are indeed the troll I feared you might be. Go away KLT..

The lack of your attempts to contact me privately regarding this issue speak for themselves.

Is it so hard to admit that you might actually be wrong here? :) That someone actually finds files outside of Razorback's sphere of influence? Or even, pray tell, by using Kad :shock: :lol:


PS. A little tip for you, a little less quoting and a wee bit more in the intelligent sentences..

PPS. Your rather feeble attempts of obfuscation will not scare me off :)
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby Cybergenetic » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:28 pm

lordpake wrote:LOL! You are indeed the troll I feared you might be. Go away KLT..


And, you are indeed, rather presuming and ignorant, at who you think I am.

You don't know me, and I don't know you.

This is a straight forward discussion/debate of why I think eD2k Lite is better than eMule. If you can't except that, then you 'go away'.

Dork.

lordpake wrote:the lack of your attempts to contact me privately regarding this issue speak for themselves.


That just proves to me, you spend too much time infront of a PC chatting and persisting in forums.

If I haven't contected you in PM, it souly means I don't need to. Indeed, anything I have to say, is said in the forums. It's quite simple.

Again, isn't contradictory that you expect someone to PM you, when indeed, what a person has to say, can be said in the forums.

lordpake wrote:Is it so hard to admit that you might actually be wrong here? :) That someone actually finds files outside of Razorback's sphere of influence? Or even, pray tell, by using Kad


That's only one of the issues, surrounding this discussion. Again, I don't say that you haven't, my arguement is, that you shouldn't, and 99% of the time, wouldn't find more content from other servers other than Razorback2.0.


lordpake wrote:PS. A little tip for you, a little less quoting


I quote, becuase of the logic in replying to your comments. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. Indeed, it's that logical.

lordpake wrote:a wee bit more in the intelligent sentences..


I don't go around saying my sentences are 'intelligent'.

Only someone who picks up on my litereture, would have issues with it. And considering I don't have spelling mistakes ect ect, I strongly presume you don't like someone using 'intelligence' in their sentences.

lordpake wrote:PPS. Your rather feeble attempts of obfuscation will not scare me off :)


Theres nothing in my comments/statements that implys or desribes any form of obfuscation.

I strongly presume you use that word, in an attempt to take on my 'intelligent sentences', you so kindly picked up on. Becuase, I certianly didn't boast about them.

Thanks for complimenting my literature.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:07 pm

Cybergenetic wrote:
lordpake wrote:the lack of your attempts to contact me privately regarding this issue speak for themselves.


That just proves to me, you spend too much time infront of a PC chatting and persisting in forums.

If I haven't contected you in PM, it souly means I don't need to. Indeed, anything I have to say, is said in the forums. It's quite simple.

Again, isn't contradictory that you expect someone to PM you, when indeed, what a person has to say, can be said in the forums.


Actually you are wrong. Forum rules clearly forbid the posting of links to copyrighted material, therefore I can not do that. You should know that :) There's nothing contradictory in it.

So should you wish to investigate this further in order to see whether you'll actually find this one file with that client and from Razorback's collection, you would need to pm me for additional details. Since no pms are received I can only conclude that you have actually no intention to see this through. Perhaps you fear that ed2k lite will actually fail at finding this file? You'd have to actually admit eMule's superiority :D (and of using other servers too)


But back to the topic: eMule can be a very potent tool when properly configured/used. Some guides here:
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1
http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=37280
http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=48127 (for lowid)
http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=79854 (how to avoid fakes)
and
http://www.gruk.org/list.php (serverlist to avoid fake servers) (it is also adviced to disable updating of serverlist from clients/servers when connecting in order to avoid geting fake servers in your list)

I personally use eMule for older files that are hard to come by via other means (mainly BT/irc)
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby Cybergenetic » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:55 pm

lordpake wrote:Actually you are wrong. Forum rules clearly forbid the posting of links to copyrighted material, therefore I can not do that. You should know that :) There's nothing contradictory in it.


I wasn't reffering to PM'ing you on the issue of cpoywrited material.

AGAIN, contradictory, you did indeed, tell me what you were looking for in your're earlier post.

lordpake wrote:So should you wish to investigate this further in order to see whether you'll actually find this one file with that client and from Razorback's collection, you would need to pm me for additional details.


I don't have to. It's as simple as that.



lordpake wrote: Since no pms are received I can only conclude that you have actually no intention to see this through.


The only thing I need to ''see through'', is knowing that all a user needs is Razorback2.0.


lordpake wrote:Perhaps you fear that ed2k lite will actually fail at finding this file?


AGAIN, that is totally contradicting in any such technicalitys. ie eD2k Lite and eMule HAVE THE SAME SERVERS. So if ''LordPrake Ultra Gay server'' had ''LordPrake's Gay adventure'' I could just connect to that server on eD2k Lite anyway. And, get the file.

lordpake wrote:You'd have to actually admit eMule's superiority :D (and of using other servers too)


As if...

lordpake wrote:I personally use eMule for older files that are hard to come by via other means (mainly BT/irc)


And so does the rest of us.

But, yet again, you are so contradictory on the subject of eMule providing a file(s). (I have not DISPUTED that eMule doesn't provide what eD2k Lite does)

The reason of your Persisting contradictions, is your're inibilty to understand what I'm criticising about eMule. You certianly don't understand that, if I were on eMule and connected to a server, I could be on eD2k Lite and be connected to that same server and download the file. (That's exactly what I have not said). But, you seem to think I have, hense the contradicting issues of what I've said, initially.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:24 pm

:roll: whatever..let's just drop that before this goes totally offtopic..


As long as ppl know that having more than just one or two biggest servers in their list benefits them. As eMule does go through servers listed in serverlist while global server search is performed and when eMule is attempting to get sources (which it does at regular intervals). Depending on how popular files user seeks, he may not find them at all with just few servers in list. You do not need to connect to them, just having them in your list is enough.
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby Cybergenetic » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:34 pm

lordpake wrote:let's just drop that


Indeed...

I strongly recemmend, that you use eD2k Lite.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby JoeBlack » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:17 am

The Mule is really nice. It has some of the most rare files in the world. However, once I was able to drive a car (torrent), I have never going back to ride the Mule again. It is just too too slow... It can only serve as the last resort for me.
JoeBlack
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:25 am

Postby secure5150 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:34 pm

If you are worried about connecting to fake ed2k servers then you should use gruk.org's serverlist http://www.gruk.org/list.php and make sure set emule properties so you don't update serverlist by connecting to users/servers.
secure5150
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:35 pm

Postby thronfun47 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:02 am

eMule 0.46c (with MorphXT v7.4) handles all these prissy questions as to fake servers, etc... everything gets auto-updated before you go Online. 150GBits Uploaded flawlessly, I have a file called: servermet_5000.dat that i don't know how to implement. (5000 servers sounds like a great idea,,, vs. the 256 servers I got now). I got all m@riju@n@ files set to high priority and every morning when I wake up I have uploaded 2.5GBs of mostly m@riju@n@ files. What i have yet to figure out is WebCache!!! What is a decent (fatboy's{filthy-stinkin'-rich-homeboy}) American server's URL and port??? I usually got over 4000 people in my Que every morning, beggin' for these bud-files,,,, :( ,,, Please explain precisely, percentage-wise, how much better these other file-sharing networks are, I've tried Bearshare and the searches produce different results (and loads of virus-riddled files). Also,this free program claims to boost Limewire by 400% http://www.download.com/LimeWire-Accele ... 0-10Thanks, seeya at ThinkTanks_Online (3D-TANKs)(bravetree.com) loads of funnnn lol!!! :lol:
User avatar
thronfun47
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:31 am

Postby foxkill » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:13 pm

I started using emule 2 weeks ago because of all the talk about it,here at Slyck.Though I am a bit torrent
person generally and like to get files fast.I thought, give it a go and I did.Though it is SLOW,I found files that I could not find on Bittorrent or Gnutella.So overall I was pleased with emule and we all need to learn a little patience when waiting for that big or little file in the sky-it arrives eventually. :wink:
User avatar
foxkill
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:04 pm
Location: Cyberspace

Re: eMule

Postby Overnet User » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 am

please move to emule forum thx
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
User avatar
Overnet User
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:27 pm
Location: Ed2k/Bittorrent

PreviousNext

Return to eMule / kad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
© 2001-2008 Slyck.com