Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

novice need urgent help :(

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

novice need urgent help :(

Postby mEtho » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:57 pm

hello

i was told by my friend about this forum and were told that i will be able to obtain the necessory help that i need at this stage! :roll: :D :roll:

OK heres the problem i read most of the topics about missing and corrupt files but made no sense to me, after all i am novice!!!!! i also read the guide about par and par2 which made some sense but not enough to sort my problem out!!! :( :(

i downloaded about 12GB of stuff last night, most of it, well 95% turned out to be corrupt or missing (well thats what i think) but i am sure you guys can help me sort this brain damaging problem out!!! :? :? :?

PS: i am attaching images so you know what exactly i am talking about!!!! 8)

Edit: I have removed all of your pictures. Please read the rules. Do not reference copyright works
mEtho

Postby Allied » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Corrupt files can be fixed with par files. But if you're missing the whole part file, pars won't help you at all.

Try searching for the missing parts or for more par files here,
Binsearch.net
newzmonster.com

If you can find any more parts or pars on those sites, try Grabit's search engine.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby mEtho » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:41 pm

Allied wrote:Corrupt files can be fixed with par files. But if you're missing the whole part file, pars won't help you at all.

first of all thx for your response... like i said before i dont know if its corrupt or missing!!! tried those sites but couldnt find anything!!!
mEtho

Postby Allied » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:30 pm

I saw your screenshots. You're using Quickpar correctly. Your only chance is to find more pars or more rars.

How did you start the download in the first place?
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby demderdudes » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:40 pm

When you start getting a lot of missing/corrupt files it is usually one of two things:
1. Faulty RAM, look for Prime95 or memtest86, both are free programs to test RAM. Look at Overclockers forum to see how to use the torture test in Prime95 to check your system. The bad RAM makes Quickpar return a lot of errors.
2. Bad server retntion, a lot of ISP newsservers sux big time when it comes to having the files you need for downloads. A commercial server like Newshosting or Giganews will make a world of difference in getting complete files.
demderdudes

Return to NewsGroups