Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The-RealWorld Removes eDonkey2000 Links

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

The-RealWorld Removes eDonkey2000 Links

Postby SlyckTom » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:34 am

It's been a while since Slyck has reported this type of news, but another indexing site has gone down. The-RealWorld.de, a fairly large and bustling German eDonkey2000 indexing site has been forced offline due to legal pressures.

The-RealWorld (TRW) specialized in TV episodes, a very active niche in the P2P world. Before TRW became one of the prominent sources for this type of media, ShareTV was its predecessor. However like many popular indexing sites, be it eDonkey2000 or BitTorrent, this site was forced to remove its indexing links.

Over the course of the last month, Warner Brothers TV shows began to delist from TRW. Much like TorrentSpy, results appeared to be filtered or otherwise removed. Little or no explanation was given, and the hierarchy of TRW remained <a href=http://home.mchsi.com/%7Edigitaltopia/Archives/story21.htm target=_blank>silent</a> on the issue.

However, this morning an answer has presented itself. Indeed, TRW has been facing legal pressure and has been forced to remove links to copyrighted works from its index. Instead of removing indexing links show by show, they have gone through the dramatic step of removing every link, and have posted this somber message:

<center>The RealWorld is closed for the time being.

TRW is under legal attack and forced offline for the time being.

For the legal defense TRW seriously needs your help. Please donate whatever you can via the paypal donation option below.
If any donations might be left after this situation, they will be donated for a good cause like EFF or Oxfam.

Thank you for your help!
The Webmaster</center>

The length, scope and detail of this "legal attack" is unknown, and will probably remain so until more information is released.
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby Paradox » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:59 am

Damnit... Can anyone suggest an alternative site for ed2k tv episode links?
Paradox

Postby ToM » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:02 am

It should be noted that the only real "German" connection to TRW is the .de registered domain. The owner and host are located in different countries.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby jay-jay » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 am

This is a dark day for filesharing. TRW had the largest TV listings on ED2K, or the whole FileSharing scene for that matter. Just as bad as the death of ShareReactor imo.
jay-jay

Postby cinefan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 am

First ShareTV now this.

Paradox wrote:Damnit... Can anyone suggest an alternative site for ed2k tv episode links?
cinefan

Postby Andu » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:20 am

An alternative would be appreciated.
Andu

Postby Agent Smith » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:20 am

This is a truely a sad day once again a great eD2k indexing site has been forced to remove all the index links. As everyone will know this aint the first or the last site we will see having to comply with legal pressure to stop indexing links.

The unfortunate and worrying problem this time is that NO ONE is there to pick up the TV link wreckage from TRW. :( #motv is still an option for the IRC savy users out there and i think thats what most users will have to look to for there TV fix as i cant see TRW ever putting eD2k links back on there site if previous site takedowns are anything to go by.

So another great eD2k site is DEAD where do we go from here? :? Nearly every site that has went down, removed links has remained that way and i cant see TRW's situation being any different this time round.

TOM also pointed out that the only german link to the site is the .de domain name this is also true. ;)

AS
Agent Smith

Postby GraphiX » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:06 am

makes me sick i pay sky licence and a tv licence
to watch shows, say for instance there's a show on
lets use One Tree hill for this example

season 1 has 20 eppisodes then it moves onto season 2
i've watched this show all the way through season 1
without missing an epp, i've got upto season 2 epp3
last week but then they replaced epp 4 with cricket!!! aaaah! now i ask this its obvious
the people who create this show want me to keep
watching the eppisodes of the new season but whats
the point now i've missed one?

not allowed to download the epp i missed because
it's "illigal" to watch something i've already
paid good money to see

you could say the same for the new show here
that's started in the UK now, called "LOST"
we miss one eppisode were all screwed pointless
continuing watching... but if everyone stoped because
they missed an eppisode and the tv raiting went down
they'd then start bitching about how p2p and tvsites
stole their thunder we just can't win

i don't get why we are not allowed to download
tv shows we've already paid for but missed
GraphiX

Postby TheIce_Man222 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:13 am

Hi have to say i know a good alternative site to the realworld which i have used for a long time - unfortunately it is membership by invite only due to these legal attacks and i am not going to giveout the address in case scum from the mpaa etc are monitoring all these sites - just do a search for motv chm files - most have the up to date shows in them.
TheIce_Man222

Postby prometeus » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:22 am

This is a typicall shot in the foot case.

Slyck reported begin this month that ed2k is taking over bt for spreading video files.
Voila: a few weeks later the best site bites the dust.

just my 2c's
prometeus

Postby Lemmy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:28 am

Could'nt agree with Graphix more why should'nt we be able to watch episodes we've missed that we already pay our TV liscence for? SKY+ is a maybe but its more money again. I can't see a valid reason for it to be illegal to DL TV episodes
Terror, Blood, Guts and Gore
Lemmy

Location: Wallowing in my own confused and insecure delusions

Postby rsrikanth05 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:19 am

Paradox wrote:Damnit... Can anyone suggest an alternative site for ed2k tv episode links?

try RD's site.
Damn can't believe this is happening.
rsrikanth05

Mirror?

Postby Chaga » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:42 am

Anyone have a mirror of the webpage? Someone could post it to Freenet (or I2P I guess...) in fact perhaps I would.

The archive.org mirror doesn't seem to be working for though.

I know people mirrored the ShareReactor site and I have one of the last mirrors before it closed.
Chaga

Postby JiMiThInG » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:00 pm

I think the best option for TV links on ed2k is now the forums a http://forum.fucktheinter.net/index.php Another good option is to install mirc. And goto the #motv room on irc.station51.net New show are released there via ed2k:// links.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
JiMiThInG

Postby Anonymous » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:40 pm

prometeus wrote:This is a typicall shot in the foot case.

Slyck reported begin this month that ed2k is taking over bt for spreading video files.
Voila: a few weeks later the best site bites the dust.

just my 2c's

I think I remember that article. I think I also posted "prepare to be sued ed2k, now that the word is out'.

;(
Anonymous

Postby Drake » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:57 pm

Happeh wrote:I think I remember that article. I think I also posted "prepare to be sued ed2k, now that the word is out'.

;(

lol. But seriously, that's not why they got sued. Links to TRW are posted on several Websites and forums so I'm sure whichever company is threatening TRW with a lawsuit knew about them for a long time.
Drake

Postby Overnet User » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Don't let them drive you to nothing. Keep searching and gettting the files. The world is global ya know.
Overnet User

Postby Paradox » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:44 pm

rsrikanth05 wrote:

try RD's site.
Damn can't believe this is happening.
666FS isnt working either.
Paradox

Postby Freebird Mike » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:04 pm

There's also p2ptv
Songlifter since 1999
Freebird Mike

Postby IceCube » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:36 pm

Final TRW

For anyone interested, someone posted on that forum a screen shot of what it looked like befor it was shut down.
IceCube

Postby Endit » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:29 pm

Does anybody have an archive like what happened with the excellent ShareReactor?
Endit

donations?

Postby silentanvil » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:12 pm

they are asking for donations??? PLEASE dont be lokitorrent all over again.
silentanvil

Postby Psycho Ced » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:10 pm

Well, the Industry has joined the fight too. Lets face it. TRW was great for older TV shows all the way up to "The previous season". With more and more companies releasing old seasons on DVD (And you may notice, they don't wait as long as they used to) as well as those so called "specialty Channels"; people now have a free alternative to something they want to charge us extra for. This is just another carbon copy of RIAA, MPAA, etc ... attack plans.
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby vtwin0001 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:36 pm

.... its the industry vs the people...

lets see what happens next
Did you know that Pulp Fiction cost $8 million to make - $5 million going to actor's salaries?
vtwin0001

Postby GreyRaven » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:31 am

Hmm, there are some countries where such legal threats wont work, like sweden, take a look at the Bittorrent tracker ThePiratebay for example, which acctualy knows the country law and what the BBS law says and therefor does not need to comply to threats from companies to remove the torrent files.
How many times hasn't Warner sent them threats only to be responded with the same answer?

Long live TPB and their Capitan Anakata.

:twisted: Yupp im nutz, but im also thinking and not a Zombie-consumer of the company :twisted:
GreyRaven

Next

Return to Slyck News