Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Welcome to the Scene - Coincidence or Conspiracy?

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Welcome to the Scene - Coincidence or Conspiracy?

Postby SlyckScratch » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:44 am

If you've been reading through some of the other threads, you'll have seen that I mentioned some similarities between the scene busts this week and the series "Welcome to the Scene". Indeed, I see that Califax is getting interested as well (thanks for the link you posted)

People have been suspicious about this series since it got released. I've always been pretty open minded but the more I look, the more weird it gets. I've put together some details for you to see here. Make up your own mind....and contribute if you notice anything else. It might all be complete crap - but hey, its the weekend and i've got nothing better to do :)

SlyckTom wrote:Everything has a beginning on the Internet. The material found on BitTorrent, eDonkey2000 and even the Newsgroups have their origins. Many times, movies - especially prereleased ones - originate from "Top Sites." Top sites are the tip of the piracy iceberg, where material typically trickles down to more common forms of exchange. Yesterday, the FBI arrested Chirayu Patel who ran a top site server.

The FBI had been posing for a considerable amount of time as server operators, inviting people to upload and download material. Once a solid relationship had been established between the FBI and top warez sites, the trap had been set. It was only a matter of time until the FBI had collected enough evidence to make an arrest. While the FBI has only announced the arrest of one individual, it is expected that more information will be released today implicating additional people.

According to Restless.ugtech.net, who broke this news event, the FBI ran a server name "Chud" and "Lad".

They were administered by an undercover agent named "Griffen."

Screen Grab from 'The Scene' Episode 9

Note the voiceover a couple of minutes into the episode. It says:

"He Works for the FBI"

Download Episode 9 here

The link provided by Califax offers up some more interesting 'coincidences'....

Just something that should be looked into maybe.

http://www.welcometothescene.com > downloads > ep 9

Well, just a little info for those who think because they saw it they know everything.

First off, I was one of the users on one of those sites. I am safe.

I was in a channel with "griffen" for a few months. In a channel with not many people things start getting imbedded into your brain like certain vhosts that to some may be a bit funny and to others may piss them off. Well after watching the movie a few things popped into my head

Gryffin for some reason, the first 2 times the guy said his nick, the voice in the background says

"He works for the FBI." Strange? Well ok, skip to the end where Gryffin is speaking to Drosan.

Notice the nick and vhost were on linknet? Now take a look at the vhost. I knew i saw that somewhere and it came to me, griffen's vhost was griffen@the.yankees-suck.net ... wow coincidence?

Finally,a simple dns on the hostname will give you the following

[20:37] * Dns resolving the.yankees-suck.net
-
[20:37] * Dns resolved the.yankees-suck.net to 64.62.206.40
-
[20:37] * Dns resolving 64.62.206.40
-
[20:37] * Dns resolved 64.62.206.40 to the.yankees-suck.net
-

hmm

now to arin.net

Search results for: 64.62.206.40

Hurricane Electric HURRICANE-4 (NET-64-62-128-0-1)
64.62.128.0 - 64.62.255.255
ChatChannel Networks HURRICANE-CE1259-382 (NET-64-62-206-32-1)
64.62.206.32 - 64.62.206.63

Hmm, bit strange dont u think? The ip that is binded to that vhost comes back to he.net.

The same place all 4 of those .us sites were busted? I guess we should all maybe think a bit about that one.

Sad thing is, some of us do have our enemies or rival groups. You do everything u can to beat them and have some hatred toward them because they are opposition. This goes the same for myself, but the fact is nobody ever deserves something like this... and to griffen .. go fuck yourself.
http://www.thekrew.co.uk/bust/small.info.nfo

SlyckTom wrote:Yesterday, the FBI arrested Chirayu Patel who ran a top site server.

LuckyChi.......Chirayu Patel??

Are all these complete coincidences or is this going to turn out to be something really, really bizarre?

We'll know more soon.....

The next episode (Episode 10) available for download on Monday 4th July
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby LxBeast » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:46 am

Oh c'mon, you know this would be better placed in the lounge. :P

Let the people have some fun with it. :wink:
LxBeast

Postby SlyckScratch » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:54 am

If it all turns out to be a load of crap, then i'll move it to the Lounge. It started off as a joke but it appears to be getting less funny.....

If I posted it in the Lounge, people would have 'fun' with it and we wouldn't get to hear any sensible theories....if conspiracy theories can be considered 'sensible'..... But its interesting...at least I think so.

Let's see if anyone else has any ideas first, see how it goes and take it from there..
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:29 am

Are you sure you are not doing PR for the show? How many people gonna watch it now? ;)
Anonymous

Postby LxBeast » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:34 am

Happeh wrote:Are you sure you are not doing PR for the show? How many people gonna watch it now? ;)

Now that's a conspiracy in itself. :lol: :wink:
LxBeast

Postby SlyckScratch » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:53 pm

If the next episode comes out on Monday as promised (Independance Day, no less) and everything falls into place, it'll be a good thing its distributed by BitTorrent - the demand will be HUGE...

Or i'll look like a complete idot. One or the other
SlyckScratch

Postby Drake » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:05 pm

I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and found them all to be very boring. After reading a few threads on various forums I realized that the people behind this show are a bunch of liars.

Those are big coincidences...wait a minute. I just remembered that Seinfeld episode. Are all coincidences the same or can there be varying degrees of coincidences? Hmmm...I think this is a big coincidence.
Drake

Postby Califax » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:22 pm

Its genious what their doing. They knew about the bust and it is a brillant marketing ploy for the show... taunting the sceners and knowing someone would put one and one together, now thats marketing ladies and gentlemen. and that stupid "bruce forest" guy
Califax

Postby Drake » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:35 am

I've read a bunch of posts about this from other forums and it seems that there are even more clues that indicate episode 9's purpose was to mock the scene.

If the Jun group did in fact know about the busts ahead of time, Bruce Forrest is the person responsible for including those clues.

Bruce Forrest has stated that he wouldn't rat anyone out, yet he admits to working for both sides. I think he's denying being a rat to save his own skin because he fears someone might be angry enough to go after him. Look what happened in Sweden when they found out who the spy was.

In all likelihood Forrest is helping the feds bust the very people he communicated with for years. A lot of these people are even his friends. It's pretty disgusting how someone can just sell his own friends down the river. To make matters worse he's even profiting from being a rat.

I hope that fucker rots in hell.
Drake

Postby IceCube » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:21 am

I think my question got lost in the woodwork somewhere. Anyways, my question was: what is the exact time that it occurs? It's appart of the song (the whole voice-over thing) and that is in the beginnig and ends at about a third of the way through. The whole talk about 'Gryffin' starts towards the end. I've watched the episode twice and the specific occurance you mention did not happen as far as I know. That is why I ask for the exact time that it happens. Thanks :)
IceCube

Postby Psycho Ced » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:23 am

Drake wrote:I've read a bunch of posts about this from other forums and it seems that there are even more clues that indicate episode 9's purpose was to mock the scene.

If the Jun group did in fact know about the busts ahead of time, Bruce Forrest is the person responsible for including those clues.

Bruce Forrest has stated that he wouldn't rat anyone out, yet he admits to working for both sides. I think he's denying being a rat to save his own skin because he fears someone might be angry enough to go after him. Look what happened in Sweden when they found out who the spy was.

In all likelihood Forrest is helping the feds bust the very people he communicated with for years. A lot of these people are even his friends. It's pretty disgusting how someone can just sell his own friends down the river. To make matters worse he's even profiting from being a rat.

I hope that fucker rots in hell.

For a moment; I thought you might be a tad bit too into the show .... (I've never watched it) .... :wink:
Last edited by Psycho Ced on Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:25 am

I did alot of research on this group of people a long time ago and recieved too much negative feedback to waste further bashing this series. It should be very obvious to anyone by now whats going on.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby IceCube » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:01 am

SlyckScratch wrote:The next episode (Episode 10) available for download on Monday 4th July

Scene website wrote:EPISODE 10 WILL BE RELEASED THE WEEK OF JULY 4TH!

Just in case it's not coming out on time I suppose...
IceCube

Postby Califax » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:13 am

IceCube wrote:I think my question got lost in the woodwork somewhere. Anyways, my question was: what is the exact time that it occurs? It's appart of the song (the whole voice-over thing) and that is in the beginnig and ends at about a third of the way through. The whole talk about 'Gryffin' starts towards the end. I've watched the episode twice and the specific occurance you mention did not happen as far as I know. That is why I ask for the exact time that it happens. Thanks :)
I'm am sort of missing your question, could you please make it more.. erm easy to pick out
Califax

Postby IceCube » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:27 am

Califax wrote:
IceCube wrote:I think my question got lost in the woodwork somewhere. Anyways, my question was: what is the exact time that it occurs? It's appart of the song (the whole voice-over thing) and that is in the beginnig and ends at about a third of the way through. The whole talk about 'Gryffin' starts towards the end. I've watched the episode twice and the specific occurance you mention did not happen as far as I know. That is why I ask for the exact time that it happens. Thanks :)
I'm am sort of missing your question, could you please make it more.. erm easy to pick out
Ehm.. the MM:SS that the whole 'He works for the FBI' and the characters talking about Gryffin occurring (i.e. did it happen at 03:46 into the episode?)

Also, what do you suppose all the IP addresses on the main page mean? (random numbers probably, but I'll leave that for the conspiracy theororists to decide) Theres one big one right below 'The Scene 09' and a whole bunch of numbers flipping around right above it.
IceCube

Postby Califax » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:43 am

Its pretty loud and I gotta rewatch to check the time... happens twice, as soon as griffen is said... the voice is so chilling. I'll check back with you
Califax

Postby IceCube » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:50 am

Speaking of which, the song that's played over during this instance is called 'Temple City - Paranoid Dilusions' (and a very good song at that if you ask me)

If you want a listen, it's avaliable as a web demo Here

Edit: Another coincidence...
Download.com wrote:Working over a 6,000-mile wire between L.A, California, and Frankfurt, Germany...

Recent Article I submitted wrote:FRANKFURT, Germany — A unilateral decision by the United States to indefinitely retain oversight of the Internet's main traffic-directing computers prompted concerns Friday that the global telecommunications network could eventually splinter.

Song wrote:There have been many sightings found all over the world. Reports came from many credible eye-witnesses! We cannot say that these are (???) for military bases... we simply don't know! Secrecy IS a form of government regulation.

:?

download.com wrote:Copyright ©2005 CNET Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved

:? :?
IceCube

Postby SlyckScratch » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:49 am

IceCube wrote:I think my question got lost in the woodwork somewhere. Anyways, my question was: what is the exact time that it occurs?

I don't know how you could miss it IceCube.... :?

The name 'Gryffen' first gets mentioned about 1min 30secs in to the Episode. The "He Works for the FBI" voiceover comes first at 2mins 2 secs. It happens again later on a couple of times I think but i'm not watching it again - its giving me the creeps.
SlyckScratch

Postby LxBeast » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:56 am

IceCube wrote:Edit: Another coincidence...
Download.com wrote:Working over a 6,000-mile wire between L.A, California, and Frankfurt, Germany...

Recent Article I submitted wrote:FRANKFURT, Germany — A unilateral decision by the United States to indefinitely retain oversight of the Internet's main traffic-directing computers prompted concerns Friday that the global telecommunications network could eventually splinter.

Song wrote:There have been many sightings found all over the world. Reports came from many credible eye-witnesses! We cannot say that these are (???) for military bases... we simply don't know! Secrecy IS a form of government regulation.

:?

download.com wrote:Copyright ©2005 CNET Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved

:? :?

LOL :lol: :lol:
LxBeast

Postby Cory » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:46 am

I've chatted with some of the people involved in the making of the show. Maybe they managed to fool me but I really got the impression they where just some Mac geeks who enjoyed amature film making..
|4,8,15,16,23,42| Get 'Lost'
Cory

Postby SlyckScratch » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:20 am

I don't know if anyone fooled anyone - I personally found the series amusing & thought it harmless - right up until Thursday of last week.....

If you know of some of these guys Cory, invite them over to this thread for a chat....
SlyckScratch

Postby Drake » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:33 pm

SlyckScratch wrote:If you know of some of these guys Cory, invite them over to this thread for a chat....

These people are professional liars. I posted a link to a thread on nforce where one of them was caught lying, yet he didn't miss a beat and continued to post nonsense.

I'm surprised they fooled you Cory
Drake

Postby Cory » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:15 pm

I guess they did :oops:
|4,8,15,16,23,42| Get 'Lost'
Cory

Postby SlyckScratch » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:46 pm

Drake wrote:I posted a link to a thread on nforce where one of them was caught lying, yet he didn't miss a beat and continued to post nonsense.

I can't find that thread Drake. Any chance of a link please?
SlyckScratch

Postby ToM » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:34 pm

SlyckScratch wrote:
Drake wrote:I posted a link to a thread on nforce where one of them was caught lying, yet he didn't miss a beat and continued to post nonsense.

I can't find that thread Drake. Any chance of a link please?

I think I remember what Drake's referring to.

The "Jun" guy posting on nforce was this guy. If you check his recent posts the thread Drake was talking about should show up, unless it's been del'd. :)
Pirate.
ToM
©

Next

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion