Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Multi-hub search client (connect to then search hubs)

Discussion about the DirectConnect program and network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Multi-hub search client (connect to then search hubs)

Postby reillyd » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:08 am

Can anyone point me to a multi-hub search tool for Direct Connect (either a web based, or a Wintel/Linux tool). I've seen a few on google, but they end up being broken links. I'd like to be able to search through several dozen hubs - but without manually connecting/disconnecting to each one. Many of these hubs have slot restrictions (either an upper limit on how many, or lower limit on how few per hub), and it makes manually doing it really difficult. There must be a client out there somewhere that can do this

(I'm not talking about mulit-hub search of all connected hubs, it's more a case of point it to a list of hubs, and go away and do the search however long it takes)
reillyd

Re: Multi-hub search client (connect to then search hubs)

Postby Kalibrate » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 am

MoGLO is a small but very useful addition to Direct Connect file sharing. With MoGLO you can search for files for ALL DC hubs at once. GLO starts by downloading the hublist and then starts doing your search hub by hub. You can also search for usernames.

I seem to remember it being banned by ALOT of hubs when i used a while back. If it's banned by a hub your IP/Nick will prolly be banned.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/p2p_s ... -seach.cfm
Kalibrate

Postby reillyd » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:50 am

Thanks for that. I downloaded it and gave it a go, but it returned very few results. I suspect it was that few hubs supported that client.
reillyd

Postby Kalibrate » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:16 am

Obvious question but did you set up another port/set to passive correctly? You could also try searching for something that will be popular to see if it is a settings problem. If all fails your prolly right and most hubs don't allow that client to enter.
Kalibrate

Postby reillyd » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:24 am

Kalibrate wrote:Obvious question but did you set up another port/set to passive correctly? You could also try searching for something that will be popular to see if it is a settings problem. If all fails your prolly right and most hubs don't allow that client to enter.

I used it in active mode, (when using DC++ I always go active, as you can't connect to any other passive users). Searching for something obvious like, for example, pictures, found lots of hits, but I was still surprised at how many hubs didn't return a result.
reillyd

Postby Xan1977 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:26 pm

Y(n)hub, the hub software used by about half of the hubs out there completely ignores moglo. Use Valknut (linux)
Xan1977

Return to DirectConnect