Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Slyck Ava Poll 2005 - Round 1

An area for general chat not related to file-sharing.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Who has the best ava?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:11 pm

Bunny101
7%
DaBlade
39%
Allied
40%
BkMan
15%

Total votes : 88

Postby LxBeast » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:01 am

Interesting when you type in DaBlade on wikipedia one of the first options offered to DaBlade is 'Dagbladet:'

Wikipedia Definition of Dagbladet wrote:Dagbladet is Norway's third largest newspaper with a circulation of 191,164 copies in 2002. It publishes the highly successful feature magazine Magasinet every Saturday.

It also runs Norway's largest website (Dagbladet.no), being slightly larger than Verdens Gang. The paper got online 8 March 1995, and is the oldest one still alive in Norway. By November 2004 it had 4.28 million monthly unique visitors and 273 million page impressions, according to the official numbers measured by TNS Gallup. The online edition is owned by the company DB Medialab AS. This company also owns half of the Norwegian internet portal site and ISP Start.no).

The word "Dagbladet" literally means "The daily paper".

The website (Dagbladet.no) often cites Wikipedia as a source or as a reference for further information on topics. It also has a Wikipedia search on its front page.

More Dagbladet Information - Here.
LxBeast

Postby Bunny101 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:45 am

Dagbladet is dying, i dont know anyone under 40 that buy it...
Bunny101

Postby DaBlade » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:12 am

Haha :lol:
Me related to Dagbladet :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby Psycho Ced » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:48 am

DaBlade
The daily Spamer
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby Cory » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:14 pm

scratch wrote:
SlyckCory wrote:I wish this thread had not turned into such a picturefest though..makes me nearly not want to bother checking it..

The pictures are there for the folks that can't read.

Anyway, SlyckCory - where is your ava entry? After all that work you did on it, you should taste some glory. Shall I enter the one you've got displayed, right here right now?

Well..I've been hella busy with work and not had much time to do much more then feed my mule fresh ed2k:// links of late..I still hope to have the avitar from don't copy that floppy done..but if not just use the current one..
|4,8,15,16,23,42| Get 'Lost'
Cory

Postby SlyckScratch » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:17 pm

Well people.....

After Eighteen pages of Spam, this first round of Ava Poll 2005 is drawing to a close. With around 36 hours of voting left, its still pretty much neck and neck between the two leaders.....

ImageVsImage

Its been a great start to the contest with this first round gathering more votes than any other ava poll round in Slycks' history. An epic tournament is on the cards and the next 4 competitors are already queued up on my hard drive for posting to a new thread, the second this round is over.

Will DaBlade have the time to spam any more forums looking for votes? Will the Open Source community rally in the last few seconds to provide our oily friend with a decisive win, rather than a marginal one?

Or maybe Allied (aka Dr Phlox) will manage to create four additional accounts as he has threatened to (without the admins noticing)in order to get precious votes or will his friends over at Snarf-It come to his rescue with a flurry of votes in the dying seconds?

Who knows? Maybe bkman and Bunny101 will do something incredible - bkman needs to multiply his votes by 2.5 minimum while Bunny needs a CRAY to work out how many more he needs. Anything is possible, given dedication and enough processing power.

I'll bet there are a few votes in reserve here. Watch out for the flurry tommorow :lol:
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby SlyckScratch » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:19 pm

SlyckCory wrote:I still hope to have the avitar from don't copy that floppy done..but if not just use the current one..

There's still some time to wait for that ava - make sure you include the rapper :wink:
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby DaBlade » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:44 pm

Psycho Ced wrote:

DaBlade
The daily Spamer

Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.Psycho Spam - YOUR source of spam.

(BTW, it's spelled Spammer :P)

DaBlade

Postby LxBeast » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:51 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Spamming remains a hot discussion topic. In fact, many online users have even suggested (presumably jokingly) that cruel forms of capital punishment would be appropriate for spammers.

:shock:

Well, PC, DB, and ME. Any regrets
:?: :roll:
LxBeast

Postby Psycho Ced » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:13 pm

(BTW, it's spelled Spammer )

yeah, noticed after ... I was too lazy too change, lousy speller, when I post, I am usually not paying 100% to posting ....

LxBeast, you would be the first to go.
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby SlyckScratch » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:19 pm

LxBeast wrote:In fact, many online users have even suggested (presumably jokingly) that cruel forms of capital punishment would be appropriate for spammers.

Psycho Ced wrote: LxBeast, you would be the first to go.

DONE

SlyckScratch

Postby LxBeast » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:21 pm

Violent mind scratch, violent mind :shock:

I don't know whether to laugh or worry :? :lol:
LxBeast

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:35 pm

:shock: wow! 18 pages of contest!!! :shock:
We didn't make it even near that much with Killer when we were on, and no way was I able to bring in that much spamming during Fez's race!

(Excellent avatars by the way. Had a VERY hard time deciding)

It's clear that Slyck's regulars have changed, lets see if the new generation is half as enthusiastic by the 5th round...

In the meantime CONGRATULATIONS ON CLASS SPAMMING!

.....and while you're reading this, why not vote for that excellent piece of animation?
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby Psycho Ced » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:38 pm

.....and while you're reading this, why not vote for that excellent piece of animation?

Cause DaBlade's "friends" have already made up their minds :twisted:

BTW, I'll be replacing you as the 12 top poster very shortly. 8)
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby LxBeast » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:43 pm

It's a tie, again!!

I'll be amazed if this doesn't end in a tie the way things are going :wink:
Last edited by LxBeast on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LxBeast

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:43 pm

12th, huh? Boy, have I fallen low! I remember when I was in the top 5 :)

...unemployed, that is :idea:

for what it's worth, though, there's not much merit in surpassing someone who posts once every 2-3 weeks :P

and, please, please, please, don't take me down to 13 :cry: I don't think I could handle that thought while on my honeymoon! :wink:
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Mrs. 2p

Postby Psycho Ced » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:44 pm

Its ok, Once summer courses start, I might not even be remembered

:shock: :? Dablade ? Allied?

Who will win?
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby LxBeast » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:48 pm

Vote for the penguin!

How else will he have his eye operation :?
LxBeast

Postby Psycho Ced » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:51 pm

here ! It's self installing!
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby LxBeast » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:53 pm

Vote For Your Candidate!!
LxBeast

Postby DaBlade » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:09 pm

Crap. A tie. Time to go spam some other forums. :lol:

DaBlade

Postby Psycho Ced » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:14 pm

great ....
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby DaBlade » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:02 pm

I'm in lead again :mrgreen:
Thank you 666FS, Methlabs, KLT Forums, BeatKing and Snarf-It :lol:

DaBlade

Postby SlyckTom » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:04 pm

Everyone vote for Allied!!! ;)
SlyckTom

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:11 pm

you heard the boss! :x
Mrs. 2p

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge