Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

About WinMX 4.0

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

About WinMX 4.0

Postby SlyckTom » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:26 am

Anyone who writes anything to the effect that WinMX 4.0 development has been canceled will be banned from the site, and their post eliminated....
Last edited by SlyckTom on Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby Imagenyuss » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:30 pm

awesome
no more whining.
Imagenyuss

Re: About WinMX 4.0

Postby Guardian Of Time » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:19 pm

SlyckTom wrote:Anyone who writes anything to the effect that WinMX 4.0 development has been canceled will be banned from the site, and their post eliminated....

Now that is one way to stop a rumor! :shock:
Guardian Of Time

Any News?

Postby Paz e Luz » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:30 pm

Someone have any news about WinMX 4?

I wanna it so much... :|

Maybe Unicode Filenames/Search/Chat...
A _god_ sharing scheme, like eMule,
no more leeches... etc...

This waiting is a torture :(

Any status news... or just an "Hi"....
but no, they stay occult.

It's bad.
I expect that some day someone make a so good p2p music sharing software like winmx, and make it GPL/free, so the development will be 20x faster.

Oh... :cry:
Paz e Luz

Postby Imagenyuss » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:23 pm

I hear ya man
Imagenyuss

Postby Nothingface5384 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:55 pm

it doesnt always work that way...could end up like gnutella with only clients surfaceing but overall network performance is slowly implroveing
more devs doesnt always mean faster results..in somecases it can mean slower development...
Nothingface5384

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:59 pm

but yea, winmx i feel is the only decent wy to get my rock/metal music, cant wait for v4..hope it has lots to offer, to bad no one go t their hands on v3.4 or w/e it was gonna be :-( ..even now they scapped it i still wanted to know what they did with it,getting tired of seeing/using v3.31

Postby Nothingface5384 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:00 pm

that other post was me too, i need to actually register here haha
Nothingface5384

Postby jay-jay » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:27 pm

Nothingface5384 wrote:that other post was me too, i need to actually register here haha

lol yes, there are too many un registered users here hehheh :D
jay-jay

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:33 pm

Face it, the Fasttrack network is the largest network [therefore making it the best network to download & upload]. And the RIAA can not track the operators of this network. That's why they're actually suing the individuals using Fasttrack. However, Kazaa Lite gets around this by blocking users from getting a full list of your shared files, making it look like you're sharing only one file. Downloads are quick with Kazaa Lite.
Forget Morpheus using the gnutella network [usually whatever you find here, you can locate it in the Fasttrack network] and the WinMx's networks too. Right now, Kazaa Lite is the best client to use. However, hearing about the Morpheus that's going to come out in the future which will be able to connect to both the Fasttrack and Guntella networks simultaneously and also using a better system of blocking the RIAA from tracking you down is worth a try. Hopefully, you'll be able to clear the spyware and adware by using both spybot and ad-aware. In the meantime, try out Kazaa Lite. Trust me you'll be satisfied. After searching a few times, you'll find what you want.
The Notorious

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:36 pm

Just look at the Statistics at homepage of this website. It speaks for itself. The new WinMx 4.0 won't have as many files as the Fasttrack network or the Gnutella network.
The Notorious

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:39 pm

Did I forget to mention that Kazaa Lite has absolutely no ads/spyware?
The Notorious

Postby mr.jip » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:53 pm

for fuck sake, will u stop going on about fasttrack u fanboy. Look at it this way winmx havent released a new version for 6mouth to a year (not sure) and yet the client remains one of the best out there, and certainly the best opennap client. Fasttrack is full of viruses, fake files, and leechers.
mr.jip

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:58 pm

Do a few searches and you'll find what you're looking for. Skip the pony files and you have it. WinMx does have some pony files - not as much as Kazaa. However there are alot more users [a greater chance of locating what you're looking for]. Like I said, look at the statistics posted on this very website.
The Notorious

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:01 pm

I'm tired of people saying that WinMx is the bomb. It's definitely better than the regular Kazaa, but definitely not better than Kazaa Lite. More files, faster downloads, and safety from the RIAA makes Kazaa Lite the #1 choice in the meantime. Thanks for your understanding.
The Notorious

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:06 pm

im tired of u saying fasttrack is the bomb, it doesnt matter about how many users a server has, take a look at dc hibs they have very small community that share an awful lot. And by safer u mean kazaa implements peer guardian ip blocks, lol. It doesnt matter, its is no were near completly safe and besides those updates need to be updated every day.
So your saying winmx is better than kazaa but not as good as kazaa lite?!
kazaa lite is kazaa without the spyware/adware, and aprt from some avi preview etc, the speed isnt ne faster.

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:08 pm

Besides, I've downloaded quite a few files using the Fasttrack network and I never [and I repeat I NEVER] gotten a virus from any of the files. When you download files, be smart.
The Notorious

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:14 pm

Give me one disadvantage of using Kazaa Lite.
The Notorious

Postby mr.jip » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:19 pm

"When you download files, be smart." , lol. Yes because we all know what we are downloading befire its downloaded.
disadvantages of using kazaa lite
1. fake files
2. viruses
3. The fasttrack server is being monitored by the RIAA intensily
4. Its way over rated

Notorious, im tired of posting replys to your stupid posts about kazaa lite.
But i will say this it doesnt matter if a server has 4 million users or a thousand, if i can find the same stuff on both then id rather use the smaller community. As it would be high up on the RIAA hitlist and there more sence of community within smaller clients
mr.jip

Postby napro » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:49 pm

The Notorious wrote:Forget Morpheus using the gnutella network [usually whatever you find here, you can locate it in the Fasttrack network] and the WinMx's networks too. Right now, Kazaa Lite is the best client to use. However, hearing about the Morpheus that's going to come out in the future which will be able to connect to both the Fasttrack and Guntella networks simultaneously and also using a better system of blocking the RIAA from tracking you down is worth a try. Hopefully, you'll be able to clear the spyware and adware by using both spybot and ad-aware. In the meantime, try out Kazaa Lite. Trust me you'll be satisfied. After searching a few times, you'll find what you want.

i didnt
-Napro-
napro

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:54 pm

Why not? Explain, "Napro". Tell me the P2P program that you recommend people to connect to.
The Notorious

Postby napro » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:03 pm

The Notorious wrote:Why not? Explain, "Napro". Tell me the P2P program that you recommend people to connect to.

For new popular stuff: bit torrent
anime: direct connect
music: winmx
-Napro-
napro

Postby SlyckTom » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:13 pm

Hey "The Notorious"

Take it down a notch bro!! Its just a P2P client!
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby The Notorious » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:31 pm

I Know, I know. I just want someone to provide me with hardcore evidence that some other P2P program is better than Kazaa Lite. Don't tell about virus or pony files. I've mentioned it already.
The Notorious

Postby napro » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:03 am

The Notorious wrote:I Know, I know. I just want someone to provide me with hardcore evidence that some other P2P program is better than Kazaa Lite. Don't tell about virus or pony files. I've mentioned it already.
because kazza (fast track) doesnt have the _CONTENT_ that im looking for
-Napro-
napro

Next

Return to WinMX