Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Release: iMesh Light 5.0.2 RC1

Discussion about the iMesh program and its network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby DaBlade » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:04 pm

I highly doubt so. Especially since Spy Sweeper detected nothing eather. However the messing with DLLs is strange. I don't like it.
I uninstalled iML BTW...
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby Vampmon » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:12 pm

iMesh primary network is iMesh Network, iMesh isn’t like any other FastTrack client (Kazaa, Grokster) It only connects to part of the FastTrack network, which is why results are so poor.
http://forum.p2pchat.net << Click, Register, Post!
Vampmon

Postby no_dammagE » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:46 pm

To ppl claiming about bad network support: FT support doesn't make any sense to me, but G2/Gnutella one is established using GnucDNA what runs VERY smoothly...

Don't discourage the imesh lite team, they are doing a great job!
Windows? Blah. Linux? Blah. BSD? Blah.
Just make sure you have a computer licence and I can open your fsckin files.
Vorbis | Theora | LaTeX | OpenDocument
no_dammagE

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:30 pm

GnucDNA sucks as a gnutella support (g1). Stay out of my way iMesh!

Vampmon, you know nothing: iMesh is as FT efficient as Kazaa. Don't tell us BS. iMesh tend to cluster together in their FT core, but their results are more and less the same since the protocol and engine is the same. There are more users in the Kazaa part of FT, but FT engine doesn't try to reach the 900 000 simultaneous users of iMesh anyway.
Charles

Postby Vampmon » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:06 am

red duck wrote:i guess that xolox can be described as "Morpheus lite"

Unfortunately, XoloX 2.0 cannot be described as a “Morpheus Lite”. XoloX is currently using an older version of NEO Network, where Morpheus is using the newest version. With Morpheus NEO Network results are publicly displayed to users, where on XoloX, Gnutella, G2 and NEO Network are all under one network icon. It may also be pretty hard to find NEO Network results through XoloX and with Morpheus v4.5+ NEO Network results and downloads are faster.

red duck wrote:you do realize that it will install spyware on you machine? you do realize that there is shareaza?

Once again, this isn’t true, Morpheus installs NO Spyware, and it installs only ONE form of Adware called WebSearch Toolbar, which can be uninstalled by going to Add/Remove.

And for the people asking, yes iMesh does connect to G2, so im guessing iMesh Light also does.
http://forum.p2pchat.net << Click, Register, Post!
Vampmon

Postby tomy » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:36 am

Why do you add support for the ed2k network and then you "dont recommend" it?
tomy

Postby no_dammagE » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:50 am

I wouldn't say so, GnucDNA has a great support for g1, there are only several specifications still not implemented, as for example the good old crawler packet. The only problem: LW&BS dont even desire a connectivity between GnucDNA and themselves ...

All major functions are implemented as e.g. PFS and ASMeshes. P2P Chat function upcoming (user-to-user as in LW or RAZA)
no_dammagE

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:43 am

no_dammagE wrote:

I wouldn't say so, GnucDNA has a great support for g1, there are only several specifications still not implemented, as for example the good old crawler packet. The only problem: LW&BS dont even desire a connectivity between GnucDNA and themselves ...

All major functions are implemented as e.g. PFS and ASMeshes. P2P Chat function upcoming (user-to-user as in LW or RAZA)

NO! You didn't try to get downloads and results from gnutella, don't you? GnucDNA never gives results! I tested with 4 differents UP interconnected in a LAN (2 LWs, 1 Phex and 1 Gnucleus). Also, you can't download more than 79k from a Gnucleus host in LW. It sucks! Never seen a Morpheus and GnucDNA result even when connected to GnucDNA UPs (Morp, Gnuc, iMesh...) and searching something in the top 40. Screw GnucDNA gnutella support.
Charles

Postby no_dammagE » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:00 am

maybe you used an outdated version?
I remember morpheus doing such a thing ...
Also I have no problems downloading files from Morpheus hosts while using BearShare or Shareaza.
It could be that you used an outdated Morpheus or an outdated LimeWire (yes, programms sometimes upgrade and in case of Gnutella especially BearShare and Gnucleus they are updated at least on weekly basis).

Download a recent DNA at http://www.gnucleus.com/betadna and a recent gnucleus at http://www.gnucleus.com/betagnuc

The latest dna is 3 days old!
no_dammagE

Postby steelhybrid » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:35 pm

DaBlade wrote:Spybot found nothing, even after being updated, however during installation, iMesh5 Light RC fickled with some system DLLs, and now I got that "Windoze File Protection (My ass)" dialog, asking me to put in the installation CD.

I had the SAME problem. Except I didn't have Windows File Protection enabled and it actually deleted some of my system files. On my next restart windows woudn't boot and I ended up formatting my computer because I forgot my Administrator password(so I coudn't do a repair.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SOFTWARE UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!
steelhybrid

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:29 pm

no_dammagE wrote:maybe you used an outdated version?
I remember morpheus doing such a thing ...
Also I have no problems downloading files from Morpheus hosts while using BearShare or Shareaza.
It could be that you used an outdated Morpheus or an outdated LimeWire (yes, programms sometimes upgrade and in case of Gnutella especially BearShare and Gnucleus they are updated at least on weekly basis).

Download a recent DNA at http://www.gnucleus.com/betadna and a recent gnucleus at http://www.gnucleus.com/betagnuc

The latest dna is 3 days old!

lol of course I always use the latest beta. GnucDNA has really a buggy gnutella support as of GnucDNA 1.1.0.9. You can try the same tests as I did. They are reproducable from time to time.
Charles

Postby no_dammagE » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:49 pm

i had such tests nearly 1 month ago and all your symtomps were negative for me ...
Maybe it is in such a way while being firewalled and LimeWire tries its FW-to-FW transfers?

I really have no problems with transfers between LW and GDNA
no_dammagE

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:26 pm

No dommagE, results have been difficult to get since gnucDNA 1.1.0.5 I believe. The transfers stuck since 1.1.0.8 (or 1.1.0.7?). I've seen stuck transfers in LW from lan and between two internet nodes (gnucleus being the other servent). This is NOT related to FWTransfers.
Charles

Postby gregorio » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:43 pm

no_dammagE wrote:LW&BS dont even desire a connectivity between GnucDNA and themselves ...

True, - and that's not going to change anytime soon.
LimeWire 4.13 is out. Don't miss it!
gregorio

Postby Trev0r269 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:22 am

Odd someone says they don't get any results from any gnucdna clients...I have always gotten very good search results from Gnucleus and the likes. It connects to a couple peers and I'm off. I don't know much about this from a technical aspect. I'd like to know why these 2 different outcomes are happening.
Trev0r269

Postby gregorio » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:56 am

There are clients that avoid connecting to GnucDNA based clients, one of those is LimeWire. Ergo, a LimeWire user will almost never get any results from GnucDNA clients.
LimeWire 4.13 is out. Don't miss it!
gregorio

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:04 am

Trev0r269 wrote:Odd someone says they don't get any results from any gnucdna clients...I have always gotten very good search results from Gnucleus and the likes. It connects to a couple peers and I'm off. I don't know much about this from a technical aspect. I'd like to know why these 2 different outcomes are happening.

Those results come from GnucDNA below 1.0.2.6. The results coming from those usually aren't even related to your search... And good luck downloading from them.
:?
Charles

Postby Mr. Alzheimer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:51 pm

red duck wrote:you do realize that it will install spyware on you machine? you do realize that there is shareaza?

Indeed I do, but the spyware can be easily uninstalled. As for shareaza, I am well aware of it's excistance, and has actually been a frequent user for quite some time. I love it, but I am still searching for something that works better for me. As I am unable to forward ports in my firewall, I wish to go back to using FastTrack, or find another network that gives good speed to firewalled users (that's why I wish to try NeoNet), to get those incredible speeds that we firewalled users can only dream of on eD2k and BitTorrent. I'm also planning on testing Mammoth sometime in the future.
Mr. Alzheimer

Postby red duck » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:09 pm

why you can't forward ports?
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby Mr. Alzheimer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:20 pm

No, I'm using a router, and it's not very user friendly. I've tried to figure it out a few times, but I've given up.
Mr. Alzheimer

Postby red duck » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:22 pm

have you tryed http://www.portforward.com/ i heard it is a great site
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

red duck

Postby Mr. Alzheimer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:27 pm

Thanks RD! :D

I'll look into it next time I'm home. Never knew about that site.
Mr. Alzheimer

Postby red duck » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:29 pm

hope you will manage to sort it out, if not ask on slyck :wink:
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

red duck

Postby 666 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:16 pm

Vampmon wrote:Morpheus installs NO Spyware, and it installs only ONE form of Adware called WebSearch Toolbar, which can be uninstalled by going to Add/Remove.

'can be uninstalled...', where did I hear that before?

Here's the long version: http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6775

Here's the short version:

666: 'this line in the faq on morpheus.com is a lie: 'All third party software providers have agreed that software distributed with Morpheus adheres to the following guidelines: • Does not spawn pop-up advertisements'

morpheus fanboy: 'That part of the website appears to be outdated. I'll look into this.'

666: 'Another lie from the morpheus.com faq: '• Can easily and completely remove the software through the standard Windows Add/Remove Programs dialogue.'

morpheus fanboy: 'The problem was apparently caused by an auto-update to their software that was taking some time to complete.'

666: 'the Morpheus uninstaller DID NOT remove WebSavingsfromEbates. Both the program and the startup entry remained, and still no trace of it in Add/Remove programs.'

morpheus fanboy: 'It is true that the Morpheus uninstaller does not remove the bundles.'

Enough morpheus bashing. Morpheus did score some points with me:

'But not everything was bad. Morpheus did one thing right. Even though it promised 'Connect to millions of Kazaa, iMesh...' it refused to talk to FastTrack.'

Postby littlebits » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:22 pm

steelhybrid wrote:
DaBlade wrote:Spybot found nothing, even after being updated, however during installation, iMesh5 Light RC fickled with some system DLLs, and now I got that "Windoze File Protection (My ass)" dialog, asking me to put in the installation CD.

I had the SAME problem. Except I didn't have Windows File Protection enabled and it actually deleted some of my system files. On my next restart windows woudn't boot and I ended up formatting my computer because I forgot my Administrator password(so I coudn't do a repair.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SOFTWARE UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!

This problem can be caused by any error while installing any software. By default, the Windows File
Protection is enabled. If you disabled it, then it is NOT the programs fault for causing this error. You should never disable the Windows File Protection. This software can NOT disable it therefore it is the responsibility of the computer user to NOT change the Windows File Protection settings. I have seen many people mess up there computers by changing this default setting.
Thanks.
littlebits

PreviousNext

Return to iMesh