Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

hey guys what's up

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

hey guys what's up

Postby NahLedge » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:55 pm

Awright i serioulsy need help, and since you guys seem very knowledgable about this stuff please.....HELP MEEE! okay I've had kazaalite K++ before and i got some NASTY spyware, i wanna try and get it again but i wanna get rid of this crap. I had to reboot my whole operating system twice because of it and it still has'nt left. please yall help me do it the right way this time.
NahLedge

Postby miner » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:25 am

i would run both ad-aware and spybot. are you running a software firewall. here is slyck's database on adware/spyware removers.

http://www.slyck.com/programs.php?cat=13
miner

Postby NahLedge » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:19 am

please miner bare with me but i really don't know what a "software firewall" is or how to check if i am or am not running one.
NahLedge

Postby miner » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:23 am

don't worry about that for now. just use ad-aware and spybot. try ad-aware first. after you install it you will have to update it.
miner

Postby NahLedge » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:32 am

yea, i kno i been doing both of them for like 20 minutes and i keep getting some files corrupted....WHEN WILL IT ALL END!!!!!!!
NahLedge

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:40 am

Also you may want to download a new browser if your using internet explorer(IE). I.E. can load spyware onto your system just by going to some sites, especially P2P scam sites. I suggest you try Mozilla Firefox and use Ad Aware as suggested also.

Firefox http://www.download.com/Mozilla-Firefox ... ag=lst-0-1

Ad Aware http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Per ... ml?tag=pop
Last edited by Mel_Smiley_VIP on Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby miner » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:41 am

20 minutes, eh. that is excessive. mine usually take 1 minute. you could try an online virus scanner. here are two that are good.

[url=http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm]
pandasoftware.com/activescan[/url]

trendmicro.com/housecall
miner

hey guys what's up

Postby SlyckChuck » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:43 am

To be blunt with you there are 3 reasons to dump any form of kazaa, lite or not. 1 - fake files 2 - virus infections abound 3 - This type of application is the prime hunting ground for the industry lawsuit campaign.

Please look inside the forums and you will find plenty of other applications to choose from and by all means experiment to see which one you like best.

Just because kazaa and fasttrack has the most on at any given time is not a true number because of the industry trolls. :idea:

One other detail - I have noticed a while back that some versions of KLITETOOLS kazaalite program had trojan horses. The same with some of the codecs I once loaded off his site. Besides running spyware programs it might be an excellent idea to run a trojan scanner..
Last edited by SlyckChuck on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:51 am

I think this may work, I'm not sure but I think this is what I did to get rid of some pests.
In your Ad Aware setting, go into and click on the Ad Aware configuration icon, then select start up, and then select "smart system scan" and reboot. This should run Ad Aware at boot up before any spyware programs can start running that can not not be deleted.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby KLITETOOLS » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:41 am

@ln_solitude
please don't blame any p2p client for viruses.

security is the pc user's responsebility. if you have a good av thats upto date good firewall and a good spyware protection the it does not matter what you use.

i got a rar file on my pc with over 300 viruses in it. however the pc is not infected.

and i know that you know all this better then i do, what i don't know is why you are using it as a reason not to use klite.

and also what version of klitetools had viruses in it?????

if somebody decides to go to some other unkown place and download their installer that they packed and then install klt and have a trojen, how is that klitetool's fault??

@NahLedge what is your os??
KLITETOOLS

Postby NahLedge » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:54 am

I know it's been a while but I downloaded my kazaa lite k++ and the mozilla firefox and although I still have the spyware I get no pop-ups, my computer is working perfectley and peace is once again restored in the NahLedge household. Awright, is there anything else I should be concerned about? If so, feel free to holler at me and let me know, thank all yall for the help!!!!!

PEACE.
NahLedge

Postby Ooble » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:28 am

Run Ad-Aware and Spybot, and delete everything they find. That should do the trick.
[code:1]char str[20];
scanf("%19s", &str);
if (!strcmpi(str, "Hello, world!"))
printf("Hello, programmer.\n");[/code:1]
Ooble

Location: Wouldn't you like to know, SlyckTom? Just so you can sell my address to the RIAA? No chance.

Postby KLITETOOLS » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:16 pm

run spy sweeper and clean your system. if you get kazaa lite tools from here http://www.klitetools.com/klt.html i promise you the install will have no viruses, spyware for anything else. and if you use verifieds for downloads i also promise you there will be nothing in those either
Last edited by KLITETOOLS on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KLITETOOLS

Postby NahLedge » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:21 pm

why would i want to download the "KliteTOOL" for? I never heard of that before, what do they do?
NahLedge

Postby Ooble » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:04 pm

It's basically the latest version of Kazaa Lite.
[code:1]char str[20];
scanf("%19s", &str);
if (!strcmpi(str, "Hello, world!"))
printf("Hello, programmer.\n");[/code:1]
Ooble

Location: Wouldn't you like to know, SlyckTom? Just so you can sell my address to the RIAA? No chance.

Postby NahLedge » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:41 am

dagnamit!!!! when i cliked that link the page said "forbidden", that i was not able to access that page with my browser. anybody know where i can get an official one at?
NahLedge

Postby BigWillyStyle42 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 pm

Remove the period at the end of the link :wink:
BigWillyStyle42

Postby KLITETOOLS » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:01 pm

NahLedge wrote:dagnamit!!!! when i cliked that link the page said "forbidden", that i was not able to access that page with my browser. anybody know where i can get an official one at?

ya sorry edited the post myself, now it works.

and that is the place to get the offcial klite 2.4.4 k++ or klt k++ 2.7.0 :D
KLITETOOLS

Postby NahLedge » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:01 pm

that's funny, that's the where i got it from before, good looking out on that, how can i join that forum. yall know a hell of a lot about this stuff. I wanna be enlightened.
NahLedge

Postby KLITETOOLS » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:27 am

NahLedge wrote:that's funny, that's the where i got it from before, good looking out on that, how can i join that forum. yall know a hell of a lot about this stuff. I wanna be enlightened.

if you got it from the official site then you got your spyware from some place else. klite 2.4.4 and klt k++ 2.7.0 are adware/spyware free.
KLITETOOLS

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa