Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Where can I download old free PC games.

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Where can I download old free PC games.

Postby matheis » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:21 pm

Is there any underground website where i can download like 5 year old pc games like Fallout or Caeser III or simcity I downloaded GTA III off of kazaa++ and hitman but my kazaa does not work anymore.
matheis

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:25 pm

You could try Edonkey or e-Mule. They have a great variety of games. As for being free, I don't think so, since GTA 3 as you referred to isn't free. You could also try newsgroups if you know how to use them. Actually I think this belongs in General Help. Good Luck.
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby downloadalot » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:28 pm

get a new kazaa lite dude
downloadalot

Postby matheis » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:29 pm

Ya none of those games are not even free thats why *cough* I need to find a place to download them from I know they exist I just was so dumb and did not bookmark the site. I dont think the RIAAA cares about people downloading games i think they care more about music and movies I downloaded like 5 games before and nothing happend but i deleted all the evidence just in case =p

these where the games i downloaded

GTA III
GTA II
GTA

Hitman
Caeser III
Black and white
All of the SIMS series
Duke nukem

cant think of the others at the moment
Last edited by matheis on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matheis

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:31 pm

I highly suggest you don't download games off K-Lite, since there is a high probability it can get corrupted or be a fake. Why waste all your time downloaded something that won't work when in Edonkey/e-Mule, you can use verified hash links for such games. Try looking around in the Edonkey & e-Mule forums and gathering up as much info as possible, and then try one of the two. :D

EDIT: the RIAA is for music, hence the Recording part. :wink:
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby matheis » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:35 pm

Ya i agree with you I was kind of pissed when i found out some of my downloads was fake I thought I downloaded the game vice city but it turned out to be some fake sports game. I didnt even really use P2P programs other then to download PC games and maybe pron once in awhile but I rarely download music since I normenly just listen to online radio stations and if I want a movie i just order it on ppv direct tv.
matheis

Postby miner » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:43 pm

using emule or edonkey is good if you are into gaming. check out the games section at http://www.shareconnector.com/. newsgroups are good as well. here is the games section from newzbin, http://www.newzbin.com/browse/cat/p/games/
miner

Postby iNaNimAtE » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:06 am

eDonkey2000 my friend. That's where it's at.

Unbiased_Opinion wrote:EDIT: the RIAA is for music, hence the Recording part. :wink:

Hehe...
Attention P2P goers! Learn how to tag your media!
iNaNimAtE

Postby j_dogg » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:00 am

Peerweb has an alright selection of games. (Download via G2)

Aslo, I second eDonkey, great resource. You're best to ditch K-Lite, especially for software, the chances of it being a fake, or a virus are highly probable. Check out this great guide by ToM,on not using FT.
j_dogg

Postby cat » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:38 am

A good place for Games Abandonware is

http://www.the-underdogs.org/
cat

Postby KLITETOOLS » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:41 am

have you tried sharethefiles?? http://sharethefiles.com/
KLITETOOLS

Postby AnTiDeatH » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:59 pm

i highly recommend checking out bittorent a lot of people upload many old ganes.
AnTiDeatH

Postby Mr. Alzheimer » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:08 pm

the-underdogs is my favourite for abandonedware, and http://www.download.com has a lot of newer freeware and shareware games.
Mr. Alzheimer

Postby HEAT84 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:01 am

I've DL'ed plenty of stuff from Kazaa including GTA3. Although it didn't come with the radio staions. I was Kinda new to file sharing and had a dial-up connection back then so I didn't get an ISO image of the game just a Myth rip of it. You just have to be careful. You can preview archives you are DL'ing from Kazaa (or anywhere else) by making a copy of it or its dat file. Then change the extension to what its supposed to be and open it with WinRAR and see the partial contents of the archive. Actually I think the first part of a file archive has an index of the contents of the archive and Winrar reads that.
It also helps to know the general size of the file your looking for. Or even the exact size.

I've gotten my share of fake files and viruses from Kazaaa. 99% of the viruses were caught by my antivirus program. I'd say of the files of DL'ed from Kazaa, the ratio of real files to fake files or viruses is probably 100 to 1. There's plenty of legit files on Kazaa. You just have to be careful.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby lordfoul » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:48 am

You should familiarize yourself with newsgroups ( http://www.slyck.com/ng.php ) as this is one of the best resources for retro games. Check out these especially...
alt.binaries.games.lucas-arts
alt.binaries.warez.win95-games
alt.binaries.games
alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.0-day
E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Postby V-Agent » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:35 pm

As an aside, for really old PC games, a vanilla Google search for; 'Abandonware' turns up wonders.
Infogames, Loderunner, Montezuma's Revenge, HardHat Mac, Ghosts & Goblins, 1942, etc. - that sort of era.

Loads of old classics out there now too old, or given up on by their developers archived online.
V-Agent

Postby Revliskciuq » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:47 pm

This thread really got me thinking of some great games of the past that I'm going to have to look up again: Monkey Island, King's Quest, Ultima, the list goes on.
Release the FOCKING fury!
-Yngwie Malmsteen
Revliskciuq

Postby Orochimaru » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:04 pm

That's what I thought when I wanted to revisit Simon the Sorcerer 1, but it just wasn't the same anymore.
Orochimaru

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa