Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The Pirate Bay and Other Torrent Sites Down and in the Dark for Now

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby sunnyd » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Earlier today we received numerous reports from our members that The Pirate Bay was unreachable, which was followed by several reports on social media. Other torrent sites and trackers are down as well. At the time of publishing this story, also inaccessible for several hours now are EZTV, Torrage, Zoink, Suprbay.org, Bayimg.com and Pastebay.net. The mobile version of The Pirate Bay, themobilebay.org, is also timing out.

Swedish Metro News Site has confirmed that police and digital forensics officers seized a number of computers and servers in a raid in Stockholm with respect to copyright violation.

Earlier this week Google Play store removed apps for The Pirate Bay which caused some suspicion.

Russian news site Rt.com is reporting that The Pirate Bay was online briefly today with a domain change of .cr, indicating a possible move to Costa Rica.

Being that all three of the founders of The Pirate Bay have been arrested in the past three years, that could prove to leave the site a bit more vulnerable than in the past. Previous statements that The Pirate Bay ran on 21 "raid-proof" virtual machines which meant if authorities were to raid one location, the site would still be accessible, did not hold up to be true with what happened today.

If history does repeat itself, it won’t be long before the sites are back up, but that remains to be seen. Stay tuned!

Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: The Pirate Bay and Other Torrent Sites Down and in the D

Postby ejonesss » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:29 pm

forum.suprbay.org is still down so it must have been hosted on the same server
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby sunnyd » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Based on further research, the rumors about Costa Rica appear to be untrue. What is being seen on... http://thepiratebay.cr/ is only a proxy/mirror site. It's actually listed as a proxy site on ProxyBay.info, and can be found on this list....
https://proxybay.info/

Peter Sunde has made comments about the latest Pirate Bay offline event and his words can be found here....
http://blog.brokep.com/2014/12/09/the-p ... n-forever/

News just reached me that The Pirate Bay has been raided, again. That happened over 8 years ago last time. That time, a lot of people went out to protest and rally in the streets. Today few seem to care. And I’m one of them.

Why, you might ask? Well. For multiple reasons. But most of all, I’ve not been a fan of what TPB has become.

TPB has become an institution that people just expected to be there. Noone willing to take the technology further. The site was ugly, full of bugs, old code and old design. It never changed except for one thing – the ads. More and more ads was filling the site, and somehow when it felt unimaginable to make these ads more distasteful they somehow ended up even worse.
sunnyd

Postby sunnyd » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:19 pm

According to a post from yesterday on Rights Alliance website (a Swedish Internet anti-piracy group), they are the group responsible for filing the criminal complaint that led to the raid...

http://www.rattighetsalliansen.se/feed/118

2014-12-09

This morning the police in Sweden raided the Pirate Bay inside the location of a hosting provider in the Stockholm area. The Rights Alliance had filed the criminal complaint.

Pirate Bay is an illegal commercial service that makes considerable earnings by infringing the works of others. The infringements affect all creators and it also hinders the growth of the legal services, says Sara Lindbäck at Rights Alliance.
sunnyd

Postby ejonesss » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:13 pm

you know?

i wonder if this could be tied to sony as well .
ejonesss

Postby Arby » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:03 am

I guess 'post reply' means 'reply to the article'. That's what I'm doing.

We knew this was coming. As for brags - Who are these people?! - about how file sharing can't be stopped, Bravado is not a good idea. Do. Don't talk doing. Always. Bravado demoralizes targets and victims of the 1% and their tools. You pump your fist in the air and defy the (captured) authorities to "Bring it!" and then they do and you've been knocked on your ass - and we all go home, lick our wounds and then take what we get, whether it's only what powerful special interests want or not.

Just my two cents worth.

We need to lose corpotocracy. And money. In my view. But tyrants and believers in inequality will always find ways to dominate, take and dictate. Which is why we need to lose them as well.
** about 32 trillion $ sit untaxed in offshore tax havens - and gets used by all sorts of people, including criminals and terrorists - protected by corporatist politicians, while 'leaders' whine that they can't afford social spending and we need law and order governments! **
Arby

Postby Artie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:03 am

I'm not heavily involved in the file-sharing community like I was in the past, but reading this story is like reading it 10 years ago. And 10 years from now, TPB will probably exist in one form or another, and the authorities will try yet again to take them down. It seems everybody is just going through the motions.

I believe that file-sharing should be non-profit, and The Pirate Bay makes hell of a lot of money per year on advertising revenue. That's my only gripe with torrent sites.

Arby wrote:We need to lose corpotocracy. And money. In my view. But tyrants and believers in inequality will always find ways to dominate, take and dictate. Which is why we need to lose them as well.

I would assume then that you're against crony capitalism and not real capitalism.
Artie

Postby Arby » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:40 am

Hi. I'm certainly against crony capitalism. I'm against neoliberal capitalism. But I also don't believe in any form of capitalism. I don't believe in money. I have definite views on many things, but I am not an extremist about much. I'm an extremist about what I put into and onto my body for example. Therefore I eat as much organic food as I can afford. But if I refused to eat anything but organic, I'd fail at life. I'd never go out and explore my city (Toronto) and try different foods and socialize.

It's all about balance.

Capitalism has never existed, actually. But let's call the capitalist system that we had post WW2 'capitalism'. It worked. But what does that mean? It doesn't really mean that it worked. It means that people in all classes were reasonable enough and not trying to cut each others' throats. Unions didn't ask for too much and bosses weren't too stingy. (And none of that tacit class peace was sufficiently codified, not that the Right isn't good at being false to agreements and out and out lawless.) But when those who owned capital realized that they didn't have to share political power, and the wealth that flows from it, with those who didn't own capital, they stopped cooperating. Look at the Trilateral Commission's mission statement or the Powell Memorandum. That was the dawn of neoliberal capitalism which would lead to the sick, barbaric system we have now where social safety nets are shredded and if you don't have enough money to participate in the economy in a positive way then you can die like a dog in the street.

I look at it this way: I believe in God and that he will soon enough burn this system, this corporatocracy, to the ground. Those who have invested their souls in it - well, how will they recover from that? In the meantime, People seem to want some sort of money system. Fine then. All is not lost (although I would caution that you can't get perfect systems from imperfect people). We now have this rickety mansion/ system called corporatocracy in which a few, the iconic 1%, runs the place and is waited on by the servants, the working class, who do not benefit from their own efforts. It isn't necessary, but believers in inequality just happen to have something that others lack and which enables them to become owners and rulers of the world. They have a willingness to break every and any law and agreement. We could do the same in order to fight them, but that wouldn't hurt them. We'd only be joining them. Many do just that.

The rickety system - that is rickety because it's mismanaged by macho, suicidal corporatists who take chances, like the mortgage scammers of 2007, that could harm themselves and everyone around them , rather than make investments in society that can benefit everyone and make the system more humane - isn't the biggest problem. It's the people who rule it. If a poor family has love, and each member has the other members' backs, Is the leaky roof and fading paint and ripped carpet a serious problem? Nope. But if the father beats the crap out of the wife and kids, that's a problem. Unless you've got really sick values and you think that that's normal.

That's how I view capitalism.
** about 32 trillion $ sit untaxed in offshore tax havens - and gets used by all sorts of people, including criminals and terrorists - protected by corporatist politicians, while 'leaders' whine that they can't afford social spending and we need law and order governments! **
Arby

Postby Vaio » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:24 pm

I totally agree with previous post
Be water my friends!
Vaio

Postby Segadora_Severa » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Get ready for the "REBOOT"!

:D
Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime . . . ”
—Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart
Segadora_Severa

Postby sunnyd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 pm

I'd like to mention to everyone, to use caution when downloading from any mirror/proxy sites, such as TPB on the Costa Rica domain (.cr). The site is riddled with malware as reported by numerous users.

It's best not to trust the other sites that are popping up claiming to be TPB, and any proxy/mirror sites related.
sunnyd

Postby ejonesss » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:41 pm

is the malware coming from the downloads or just the site?

if just the site them i am safe since i have the java/script and plugins disabled.

if the downloads are we mac users safe as long as the downloads are not of software? i.e movies and music

meaning the worse we would get on a mac is just an unplayable file or a file that asks us to go to a site for a password?.
ejonesss

Postby sunnyd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Instances of malware on the site, links and files have all been reported on the .cr domain, as well as some of the other older TPB proxy/mirror sites.

I again urge everyone to proceed with caution on any of the proxy/mirror sites. Not all users take preventative measures.
sunnyd

Postby Segadora_Severa » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 pm

The good folks at http://www.ISOHUNT.to have somewhat resurrected thepiratebay a couple of days ago by copying thepiratebay's base and implementing it on the website https://oldpiratebay.org/ with new material being added through isohunt. That's your best bet to stay safe with any piratebay reincarnation at the moment until the "REBOOT" :thumbup:

Posted by IsoHunt.to team on Dec. 12

Dear IsoHunters and PirateBay users!

As you all probably know, the beloved Pirate bay website is gone for now. It will be missed. It will be always remembered as the pilgrim of Freedom and possibilities on the Web. It’s the symbol for a whole generation of the internet users.

In it’s honor we are making oldpiratebay.org search. We, the Isohunt.to team, copied the base of the PirateBay in order to save it to the generations of users. Nothing will be forgotten.
Keep on believing, keep on sharing!

:pirate: :toast:
Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime . . . ”
Segadora_Severa

Postby sunnyd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:35 pm

You can also refer to an article about IsoHunt "unofficially" resurrecting TPB here...

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=67611
sunnyd

Postby Segadora_Severa » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 pm

You can also do a google search for
Mr 10100100000
one of the piratebay admins to see what he has told another site. :pirate: :thumbup:
Segadora_Severa

Postby HouseCrowd » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:38 am

After all these years, it seems they still haven't learned that taking down sites like these doesn't work.

Even if these sites don't return, new sites will spring up to replace them, and usually in greater numbers than those that were removed.

Arby wrote:I look at it this way: I believe in God and ...

I was with you up until that point :shock:
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby ejonesss » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:01 pm

is http://thepiratebay.com.ua/ safe?

i do see that some of the searches are showing that we are rebuilding or something like that mostly in the top section
ejonesss

Postby ejonesss » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 pm

hot off the irc channel

TPB and SB DOWN, don't use fake TPB sites like .ee or .cr| TPB WILL RETURN WITH A "BANG", just be patient.

looks like they found some servers or the outage may have been timed to coincide with the sony hack to prevent the fruits of the gop's labor from getting posted including the interview movie.

or the swedish police raided just to make it look good to the mpaa to give them a false sense of security.
ejonesss

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:26 pm

... or maybe it had nothing to do with any of those things.
MrFredPFL

Postby ejonesss » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:38 pm

it seems as every time a major movie comes out it goes down back in the summer when lucy came out tpb went down but that time it i think was a domain name
ejonesss

Postby sunnyd » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:27 pm

ejonesss, you're posting only "your own" speculation and guesses and I think it would be best to stick to fact only, so others are not misled.

I wrote this as "fact" in my original article above...

sunnyd wrote:Swedish Metro News Site has confirmed that police and digital forensics officers seized a number of computers and servers in a raid in Stockholm with respect to copyright violation.

A criminal complaint was filed by Rights Alliance, which led to the raid, that's stated above also.

I also wrote this above...

sunnyd wrote:I'd like to mention to everyone, to use caution when downloading from any mirror/proxy sites, such as TPB on the Costa Rica domain (.cr). The site is riddled with malware as reported by numerous users.

I am not sure why you are posting something you consider to be "hot off the irc channel" which is not "new" news.

Please take some time to actually read what is posted in this thread.
sunnyd

Postby tower » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 am

I run as a hobby an International Music Distribution company with offices in Toronto and Malta. Our group uses torrents to distribute LEGAL (licensed for playback in public) Promotional Video tracks to help new acts get the exposure required for mass market sales.

We use password protected torrents, as the bit torrent file share system uses the power of the SWARM to overcome poor or restricted UPLOAD speeds - a trick ISP's use to limit bandwidth use.

I often used to see unsigned new acts putting torrents up on the Pirate Bay that were of great commercial interest to my group. It is time the technophobes of big biz started embracing today's technology and adapt to non physical media. The days of the DVD and yes even the Blu Ray Disc are gone. The day of the CD has already passed into history along with the VHS and Cassette tapes. Hollywood lives in the age of the 8 track. The law is living in the day of cylinder wax recordings!!!

Thomas Roy Waller
founding member International Music Services (yes I am legal - I would post my phone number if forum rules allowed!)
Kind regards, Tom
tower

Postby zbeast » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:17 pm

I've noticed a bad trend so far over the weekend.
that bad torrent sites are bubbling up to the top when performing torrent searches.

I've been trying to find a CBT that should be avaiable from any number of sources..
So far I've been directed to about 10 different malware filled sites.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby ejonesss » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:20 pm

looks like there is signs of life starting to come up

and http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-doma ... ag-141221/

they fixed a typo so if anyone looked at the link above and got no response from the ip address.
ejonesss

Return to Slyck News