Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

This is the forum to discuss internet and other tech topics which aren't specifically hardware or software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

Postby ejonesss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:34 pm

yes i know they can spy on online users at the isp and website levels.

but by blocking those ip addresses they cant spy on the machine because they cant get their carnivore and magic lantern's logs and results from my machine

that's what i was trying to say

ok sorry about saying to block photobucket it seems as there is a back door in vista.

of course all someone would have to do is discover the control codes of the back door and then thieves could get in and steal company secrets and personal info
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby Segadora_Severa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:55 pm

ejonesss wrote:MrFredPFL what are you looking out of me to indicate i read the article if you think i did not read it?

It was very easy to deduce with reasonable and rational thinking by anyone that you did not fully read it, understand it, or comprehend it because you phrased the question as how to block photobucket when that wasn't even the issue. lol :wank

ejonesss wrote:yes i know they can spy on online users at the isp and website levels.

but by blocking those ip addresses they cant spy on the machine because they cant get their carnivore and magic lantern's logs and results from my machine

that's what i was trying to say

ok sorry about saying to block photobucket it seems as there is a back door in vista.

of course all someone would have to do is discover the control codes of the back door and then thieves could get in and steal company secrets and personal info

Do a search for you hosts file and amend these lines to it and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.1 http://www.slyck.com

127.0.0.1 http*

127.0.0.1 www*

Just joking of course.... :roll:
Seriously, If you think if you're in trouble with the govt. with all that spy-ware on your system, then why are you even online broadcasting?
Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime . . . ”
—Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart
Segadora_Severa

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:58 pm

first, u don't know who "they" are. none of us will ever be able to prove it, one way or another, but i sincerely doubt any of that logged activity is being attributed to the actual parties involved. instead, what i see is a house of cards based on a single hysterical assumption:

it HAS to the government!!!! it's so ORGANIZED!!!

aside from that flimsy foundation, there is no actual indication whatsoever that any of that was the government.

businesses are organized. professional hackers (read: not scriptkiddies) are organized. many criminals are organized. ever heard of the term "organized crime"?

additionally, anyone as serious about this stuff as u think they are is perfectly capable of spoofing IP addresses for everything they do.

there are a lot of things being accepted by some without any factual basis. it takes no special skills to jump to conclusions. in my opinion, that's all many people are doing in this case.

i'll say it again - if you're going to let this kind of thing bother u to this kind of extent, it really makes sense to understand what's going on. if u think listening to a guy who thinks an ip address starting with 10. is proof that the IANA is covering up for government hacking, not only do u NOT understand what's involved here, but you're not even remotely close. please, if you're going to be so concerned about this stuff, do your self a favor and learn something about it.
MrFredPFL

Postby ejonesss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:02 pm

i dont have problems with the government spying by placing spyware on the isp like (correct me if i am wrong) carnivore and magic lantern was supposed to do my problem is when they put their spyware on the user's computers.

my fear now would be that the cat is out of the bag about spyware on the user's end criminal hackers will try to reverse engineer the controls for it and use the government's spyware to steal passwords or even worse maybe install a key logger
ejonesss

Postby Segadora_Severa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm

ejonesss wrote:i dont have problems with the government spying by placing spyware on the isp like (correct me if i am wrong) carnivore and magic lantern was supposed to do my problem is when they put their spyware on the user's computers.

my fear now would be that the cat is out of the bag about spyware on the user's end criminal hackers will try to reverse engineer the controls for it and use the government's spyware to steal passwords or even worse maybe install a key logger

*** NEWS FLASH ***
There have been people creating spy-ware and keyloggers to steal information for a very long time now.

Using good security, common sense and not opening links and attachments that you are not 100% sure about will eliminate just about all those concerns from the user level. Unless you just find yourself compelled to do it.
Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime . . . ”
Segadora_Severa

Postby ejonesss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 pm

yes that is true that spyware and keyloggers have been around for a while but if the government installs spyware to be pre installed then the criminal hackers job has gotten a whole lot easier because then they can use tools already there by law.
ejonesss

Postby Segadora_Severa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:58 pm

ejonesss wrote:yes that is true that spyware and keyloggers have been around for a while but if the government installs spyware to be pre installed then the criminal hackers job has gotten a whole lot easier because then they can use tools already there by law.

I imagine if the govt. is spying on you that hard then when you go to jail the hackers that hacked the govt. will be there along side you.
Segadora_Severa

Previous

Return to Tech/Other/Internet Discussion