Texting Woman Falls Into Mall Fountain

The video lounge is now open.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Texting Woman Falls Into Mall Fountain

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWtDpGM36J8

:rofl:

Of course, now she wants to sue the mall because someone from security put the video on YouTube.
http://www.comcast.net/video/texting-wo ... st/newest/
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: Texting Woman Falls Into Mall Fountain

Postby Mcdon2401 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 am

Well, there's one in the eye for all those who claim women are good at multi-tasking.... Obviously she was so busy with the texting and breathing, the actual watching where she was going was just a task too far :rofl:

Figures she would sue though. After all, there has to be blame somewhere :wank
It's only funny until someone gets hurt,

Then it's bloody hilarious :)

It is the mark of an educated mind, to entertain a thought without being seduced by it.
Mcdon2401

Postby zbeast » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:18 am

She has to be a little crazy.. She was walking not looking where she was going and fell into a pool.
It's her fault, she needs to go away and not embarrass herself more.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby sunnyd » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am

There appears to be more of a story on this lady, other than just falling in cold water...

"Fountain Lady" In Legal Hot Water?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/ ... tag=latest
Cathy Cruz Marrero is now well-known for falling into a mall water fountain while walking and texting.

Since footage of her fall into the fountain in Reading, Pa. went viral, there have been indications Marrero might pursue legal action against the mall for leaking the surveillance footage.

But "The Early Show" has learned Marrero has recently been in court for a completely different reason: a status hearing on five felony charges -- including theft by deception and receiving stolen property.

Lol, I bet she's real glad she decided to sue the mall, now the world knows what else she has been up to.

Another related article on this subject....

"Fountain Lady" Not Alone Among Tech-Distracted
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/ ... ColumnArea

Note to don: the "tech-distracted" article mentions men and women both. :wink:
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby Mcdon2401 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:32 pm

TBH, for the most part, while I will talk on the phone while I'm walking, I won't text/play games/browse the web. I might use the sat nav function on occasion, but that's about it. It's very rare to see me talk on a phone while driving. I like to pay attention to what's going on around me, and I fail to see how you can do that if you're concentrating on typing a message.

What this does do is highlight the danger inherent in failing to prioritise the tasks at hand. If someone can't walk and text, how the hell can you expect to be be safe if you're driving? For the most part, humans are crap at doing multiple things at once. There is a choice to be made, either do many things badly, or do one thing well. I choose the latter, because I'm too busy keeping a look out for all the other dummies doing the former ;)
It's only funny until someone gets hurt,

Then it's bloody hilarious :)

It is the mark of an educated mind, to entertain a thought without being seduced by it.
Mcdon2401

Return to Video Lounge