Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Gene Simmons Directly Threatens Anonymous With Legal Action, Jail Time

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Gene Simmons Directly Threatens Anonymous With Legal Action, Jail Time

Postby SlyckTom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:18 am

Gene Simmons, frontman of the band KISS, is hardly impressed with the DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack on GeneSimmons.com - and indirectly - SimmonsRecords.com. In fact, according to a news post made to his site yesterday, Gene is threatening legal action against the perpetrators, along with posting their names and pictures online. Here's the post as it appeared yesterday:

Some of you may have heard a few popcorn farts re: our sites being threatened by hackers.

Our legal team and the FBI have been on the case and we have found a few, shall we say "adventurous" young people, who feel they are above the law.

And, as stated in my MIPCOM speech, we will sue their pants off.

First, they will be punished.

Second, they might find their little butts in jail, right next to someone who's been there for years and is looking for a new girl friend.

We will soon be printing their names and pictures.

We will find you.

You cannot hide.

Stay tuned

First to clarify, the attack on GeneSimmons.com wasn't exactly a "hack" - rather it was a DDoS attack. In order for this type of attack to work, many computers have to connect simultaneously to the target website and barrage it with traffic (packets). If enough computers are part of the attack, the web server becomes overwhelmed and unresponsive. The attack on GeneSimmons.com was partially successful, taking the site offline intermittently until the attack ceased.

Proving those responsible behind a DDoS attack is difficult, if not impossible. The first step in their investigation is to gather the IP addresses that connected during the attack, and attempt to discern those taking part in the attack from those merely visiting. Additionally, it's possible that many of those taking part of a DoS attack have no knowledge they're even taking part of the attack, especially if botnets were utilized. Botnets are drone networks of computers taken over by the originating perpetrator, and put to work by continuously pinging the target web server. The goal of the investigation would be to find those originating the attack - a daunting task considering many members of Anonymous uses encryption and proxy servers to hide their identity.

The cyber wars continue, as the Intellectual Property Office of the United Kingdom was attacked by Anonymous yesterday. As of this writing, the site remains offline.

Update: Anonymous has caught wind of Gene Simmons' recent comments (see above) and have made GeneSimmons.com and SimmonsRecords.com an official target. As of this writing both sites are down.

Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Re: Gene Simmons Directly Threatens Anonymous With Legal Action,

Postby longknives » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 am

Not to mention all the people who visited sad Eugenes site to see if its been successfully taken down, as its hilarious to see how wound up the old fart gets about it.

What do they say Eugene never feed a troll? But I guess its only Rock "N" Troll...lolololol
longknives

Postby User100100 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:59 am

Second, they might find their little butts in jail, right next to someone who's been there for years and is looking for a new girl friend.

This sounds like a threat of sexual assault to me. And that is a clear-cut crime. I wonder what his lawyer would have to say about what he wrote.
User100100

Postby trevaaar » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:20 am

Oh shit, I hope he doesn't call the cyber police and the state police.
trevaaar

Postby Chronom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:54 am

He made the same mistake as Andrew Crossley with that comment. By giving such a dramatic reaction, he is asking to be trolled a million times over. This could indeed get ugly. God help him.
Last edited by Chronom on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chronom

Postby samanthaj » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:46 pm

the thing is that while people like Gene and the music industry hate p2p, I wonder if they didn't have a vested interest could they actually see that this is just the 21st century version of cassette tapes and kids copying off the radio.

I can understand both sides of the argument but it is a real shame that in this day and age that we haven't got a legal p2p client were both sides are happy. Virgin media UK have been trying to do this for a couple of years and the only company which seemed to be forward thinking was Universal.

I wish that all this energy could be put to good use rather than sue sue sue. After all this time nothing has changed from Napster, what a real real shame, the only people getting money in this sort of action are the lawyers, not the artists, producers etc. I'm sure that nothing will truly change except that both sides will continue to be pushed to opposite polls by extreme views and during this time the one thing that will evolve is technology. Its like watching a scifi move were someone tells the viewer that the war has been going on for 300 years. In the UK the DEA was said to have a requirement of new innovative services built into it yet despite being able to spend millions on lobbying we have not seen any evidence of any new services as of yet. Who would have thought? :roll:
LARPER LIMITED c/o ACS LAW SOLICITORS
samanthaj

Postby wmitty » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I was quite impressed by the scare factor until we got to -

We will soon be printing their names and pictures

Not everyone participating in the attack will be willing. The folk in the payback channel have botnets for christs sake. This is never gonna happen and Simmons is gonna get smashed off the net for this. Fooooool

trevaaar wrote:Oh shit, I hope he doesn't call the cyber police and the state police.

Yep, that's the shit you do after you've backtraced it :popcorn:
wmitty

Postby xforce » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Hmmm perhaps he learned to say idiotic things from this idiot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4v9tfSCaHg
xforce the pirate.
xforce

Postby Hickster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Is it me or has Gene Simmons lost ALL credibility, I meen I have a good friend who is a HUGE KISS fan, well was, I mean KISS havent done anything worth listening to for years, but doesnt it strike you any of you who actually remember when KISS were a HUGE band, on the cutting edge of the Rock and Roll world, putting up with all the Crap the PRMC, accusations of Satanism ect ect can you EVER imagine that Gene Simmons would turn out to be a whiney little turncoat, running to the AUTHORITIES LMAO :rofl:

You can see it now, (To Paraphrase Arthur Brown) I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE, now FALL FOR MY IMAGE or i'll i'll run crying to my Mum!

Gene Simmons Grow some Fricking balls you whiney clapped out old cheese fart.

Gene Simmons YOU ARE the :wank Of the week!
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@googlemail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

ACS:LAW "Timeline of SHAME" Thread
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53755
Hickster

Postby GrymRpr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:13 pm

After 1977 I stopped buying KiSS Albums. Thankfully a friend had bought 'Rock and Roll Over' and after one listen I was of the opinion that they sucked hard.
Sadly, Not everyone was of that opinion & now ,this is the demon we deal with.
Tho... On the plus side... I think he's still Butt-Chapped that KiSS didn't make it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of yet.

What a whining PUNK.

-=EDIT=-
It must really eat at him that Billy Joel was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame back in 99
:lol:
SlyckNick: wrote:
I abhor what slonceck and suprnova have now become.

The Worst thing to happen to any O.S.?
The GUI!
GrymRpr

Postby frantik » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:38 pm

oh noes, now GeneSimmons.com is down.. what will i do? I don't think it can count as a denial of service attack if no one goes to the site in the first place

Anon should stick to attacking organizations and corporations, not well known musicians. Attacking Simmons could potentially generate public sympathy for those that are being attacked. It's one thing to hate the RIAA or lawyers who send out tons of lawsuit threats -- these people didn't do anything to create the work and are attempting to extort money from those who fileshare -- but it's something else entirely to start attacking the artists. Without the artists, there would be no works to pirate in the first place!
frantik

Postby NOONE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 pm

To really get their attention, take your tapes, cds, or dvds to the movie studios or music company and demand a complete and total refund.
NOONE

Postby zarathustra2k1 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Hickster wrote:I have a good friend who is a HUGE KISS fan

I have a 'good friend' who has this weird shit growing on his dicksack. Do you think I..erm...NO *COUGH* HE ought to go to the doctors?

YouseewhatIdidthere...
"All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
zarathustra2k1

Postby GrymRpr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 pm

zarathustra2k1 wrote:
Hickster wrote:I have a good friend who is a HUGE KISS fan

I have a 'good friend' who has this weird shit growing on his dicksack. Do you think I..erm...NO *COUGH* HE ought to go to the doctors?

YouseewhatIdidthere...

Gene Is the Doctor your 'friend 'should see
Calling Dr. Love
I'm a doctor!
SlyckNick: wrote:
I abhor what slonceck and suprnova have now become.

The Worst thing to happen to any O.S.?
The GUI!
GrymRpr

Postby MookeyMookerson » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Three words for gene simmons:

Ya done goofed!
If there is a hell, and I go there, as soon as I get there I will be greeted by Satan himself, who will pull up in a Comcast van to install my internet. I will then proceed to spend the rest of eternity on a failing comcast-provided modem that I cannot for the life of me get rid of no matter how many times I call 1-800-COMCAST, spend 20 minutes on hold, and try to add the MAC address of the modem I bought myself to my account. My eternity will be comcastically fuxored...oh wait that's reality.
MookeyMookerson

Postby Gene Simmons » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:21 am

For anyone who has been having trouble accessing genesimmons.com here is a screenshot of his current "update"...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This piece of greedy trash just doesn't know when to shut up, does he?

Welcome to Andrew Crossley 2.0.
Gene Simmons

Postby in_hiding » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:22 am

STREISAAAAAAAAAND!
Forum Rules: Avatars shall not exceed a data size of 2OØ kilobytes.
in_hiding

Postby Gene Simmons » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:53 am

www.genesimmons.com - now successfully redirecting to The Pirate Bay.
Gene Simmons

Postby multivariable » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:32 am

Gene Simmons wrote:http://www.genesimmons.com - now successfully redirecting to The Pirate Bay.

not here, it isn't
multivariable

Postby Gene Simmons » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am

multivariable wrote:
Gene Simmons wrote:http://www.genesimmons.com - now successfully redirecting to The Pirate Bay.

not here, it isn't

Bare with it. http://genesimmons.com is/was directing to his site, www.genesimmons.com was forwarding to TPB.

It's getting pwned from all angles right now so things are changing fast.

Prepare for some more good news.
Gene Simmons

Gene Simmons Directly Threatens Anonymous With Legal Action,

Postby multivariable » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 am

why am i reminded of the horrible mistake that occurred early last century when the cane toad was released into australia?
multivariable

Postby sunnyd » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Here is an article on this by ars technica, which links back here to SlyckTom's article...

Gene Simmons vs. Anonymous: Who's The Bigger Tool?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... sshole.ars

KISS bassist Gene Simmons - a man willing to parade around stages dressed up like "The Demon" while singing songs about sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll - isn't a man best known for the subtlety (or consistency) of his thought. In a 2007 interview, while explaining why file-sharing had killed music, Simmons said he wasn't going back into the studio because no one would pay for the tunes he creates. His very next sentence: "I will be putting out a Gene Simmons box set called Monster - a collection of 150 unreleased songs. KISS will have another box set of unreleased music in the next year."

But threatening the Internet vigilantes of Anonymous with prison rape might be a new low, even for Simmons. Unless, of course, Simmons' true genius is simply calling attention to himself; in that case, he succeeded again spectacularly this weekend. Anonymous repaid his comments with a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack that has taken Simmons' website offline.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby zbeast » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:06 pm

I can see wacking on RIAA, MPAA and these ambulance chaser law sites looking for a buck.
But wacking on Gene Simmons see's like a waste of time.

Leave the old man alone. Mr Simmon's was just making news copy...
He or his little company has little to do with law site of the week trying squeeze cash out of
file sharers.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby qshusto » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 pm

What goes around, comes around. Bringing DDoS to the masses is a big no-no, every siteop knows that. It will backfire.

BitTorrent becoming militant (Pirate Party and gang), now criminal and soon will be labelled terrorist. It got nothing to do with filesharing and should never be embraced by p2pers. Torrent users are being used as sheep to serve shady people's agendas. Time will tell, it serves their own enemies well.
qshusto

Postby Andrew Crosswithme » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 pm

qshusto wrote:What goes around, comes around. Bringing DDoS to the masses is a big no-no, every siteop knows that. It will backfire.

BitTorrent becoming militant (Pirate Party and gang), now criminal and soon will be labelled terrorist. It got nothing to do with filesharing and should never be embraced by p2pers. Torrent users are being used as sheep to serve shady people's agendas. Time will tell, it serves their own enemies well.

Hi there Andrew.

Funny how you say that the use of applications designed to allow people to share will eventually label people 'terrorists'. Somewhat delusional, of course, but it's this time of nonsense that Operation Payback is protesting against. Operation Payback is standing up for freedom, getting the attention of those who have ignored us for so long and saying - WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO, AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO STAND FOR IT.

"Shady people" - do you know what Anonymous even is? You're the one with the agenda here, bud. Anyone on the net can partake in any part of this protest under the guise of Anonymous, or not, whatever people choose.

Stand idle or fight to protect that which we hold dear (the internet, free sharing) - the choice is yours.
ACS:NEWS - Following, reporting and mocking the rise and continual fall of now notorious scam UK Law firm ACS:Law and its head crony Mr. Andrew Jonathan Crossley.

Follow @ACS_ACTIONNEWS on Twitter!
Andrew Crosswithme

Next

Return to Slyck News