Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

New NZB site for 2010, does it differently from the rest...

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

New NZB site for 2010, does it differently from the rest...

Postby fernandose » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:32 pm

Hey all,

Before i begin, for those who don't know me or probably forgotten who I am, I was a very active slyck member a couple of years ago who dedicated a lot of time to the newsgroup section. I even ran my own community usenet site filesplit.org which also reported news on major nzb sites at the time, few to mention; newzmonster, nzbzone and binabled. Due to other commitments, I had to give up control on the site.

Since the start of 2010 I have been working on a new project/idea for a free NZB site. I wanted to remove many of the unnecessary but common restraints associated with NZB sites.
- paying for access
- 'lifetime', 'VIP' or 'Gold' access accounts
- holding back nzb information for members only
- shitty user experience

These are common attributes to the current state of NZB sites, and which is completely backwards to how and why torrent sites work so well, (i give credit to mininova and piratebay for excellent site design), so why should it be different for NZBs?

With this mind, I have developed a site which aims to take a completely new angle on how NZBs are indexed and searched. It will be streamlined and community run. By removing the usual heavy baggage that often makes running an nzb site very difficult (and discourage new ones from starting up), I hope ultimately this site will do something different for the usenet community.

I am at a stage where I could do with the help of volunteers and dedicated usenet members who can test, tinker, evaluate and kick start this project into the next stage.

Cheers for your time
fernandose

Re: New NZB site for 2010, does it differently from the rest...

Postby k2bug » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:40 pm

You would struggle as lots of sites already do it and can't make it work. I could list many here. Only those interested in make coin of there members restrict it, only truly great site that offered all is gone but rumours are hitting up merlins is returning in the near future. And no your not offering anything different already out there.

Memory serves me right have u not tried a few times with nzb sets and failed and other type sites.?
k2bug

Postby fernandose » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:00 pm

I wouldn't make that a reason to not give this a try, but I respect your loyality to merlin.
fernandose

Postby SlyckTom » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Welcome back fernandose! Your idea sounds great - I'm sure you'll get a lot of input and help from the forums here.
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby fernandose » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:56 pm

SlyckTom wrote:Welcome back fernandose! Your idea sounds great - I'm sure you'll get a lot of input and help from the forums here.

cheers, good to be back
fernandose

Postby BiG » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm looking for new adventure and would be happy to help... :toast:

k2bug wrote:And no your not offering anything different already out there. Memory serves me right have u not tried a few times with nzb sets and failed and other type sites.?

Someone has been drinking the hate-orade.
BiG

Return to NewsGroups