Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Team Phoenix - Let us make a new p2p client - WinMX 2010

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: About WinMX 4.0 post from 2003

Postby sunnyd » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Non biased is an excellent way to be, it's nice to see your enthusiam.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Thank you, im also a stickler for rules, i'm working on the fourm rules now. lol. an indepth to the rules and possible punnishments to having them broken. :D and i have to follow them too. XD dont want to be a hypocryt.
WinMX Phoenix - Born From The Ashes
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm not sure which browser you are using, but Firefox has a spell checker, that may help you some with your work on the site.
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:57 pm

:toast: thanks 4 the tip. i had it but i have neglected to reinstall it after reformating my laptop. I will go do that now. :D

also on a side note, know of any websites that help with a html preview? i really dont want to take the time to get and install dreamweaver again.
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

You mean like this one, a quick guide? http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/quicklist.html

I also wanted to mention that the patch wars actually ended over 3 years ago. Also, many WinMX users (more than you would think) were never affected by the patch since they use OpenNap, on SlavaNap servers, and they can always obtain current server .wsx files from gotnap.com.

Current OpenNap servers: http://www.gotnap.com/index.php/list

Where to get .wsx file: http://www.gotnap.com/index.php/client
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 am

YES!!! Thank you for that. :D

and thanks for that tidbit of info. didnt know it was over since there seems to be ppl still pressuring ppl to use theirs instead of the other... lol why do you think i had the pie version? an do you care if i quote ya on the site? (actualy just cut and paste it with out the name, you can claim it yourself in the fourms if you want to... lol)

the patch wars actually ended over 3 years ago. Also, many WinMX users (more than you would think) were never affected by the patch since they use OpenNap, on SlavaNap servers, and they can always obtain current server .wsx files from gotnap.com.

Current OpenNap servers: http://www.gotnap.com/index.php/list

Where to get .wsx file: http://www.gotnap.com/index.php/client
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:34 am

Lol, that's public OpenNap information, you can use it however you choose. I just wanted you to be aware that it's much more than just users on WPN.
sunnyd

Postby Dazzle_2 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm

I perhaps had better interject at this point to mention why there was even a "patch war" for those who want a simple answer.

The network is and has been filled with network attackers who flood the search results listing with fake entries, one group wanted to rid the network of these attackers and the other group seemed indifferent, thus a self defeating battle took place until the two big groups where persuaded to follow the same path, flooders are now blocked across much of the network but there is still an issue with shared files data harvesting that has been a concern of late, the harvesting is done at the same time as flooding but due to the networks architecture its not been as easy to block this activity as it is for search result flooding, the problem is being addressed currently and some manual disruption of their efforts is taking place until a fully automated system can be rolled out

Th patch wars where simply a battle based on technical merit in my view, no one wants commercial flooders on the network nor do they want privacy invading data harvesters but while some folks still refuse to block these attackers they put everyone elses privacy at risk, that then is the simple answer and the current situation.

This has been posted here before but its relevant to the text above and a refresher is likley in order.

http://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/fake_file_info.html

I note no effort has been made to contact me at winmxworld to gather any of the free and helpful information offered to your project and I find this strange but the offer still stands should you get a some coders together and need assistance.
Dazzle_2

Postby Dazzle_2 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Sorry to double post here but after looking over the phoenix site I found multiple errors in the information, could you please update the information to accurately reflect the current situation, namely King Macros departure and the community patch replacement that has nothing to do with him, winmxworlds operations include wimxworld winmxgroup, winmxconex, and winmxcache we have no connection with mxstuff.
Gemini 777 no longer resides on winmx and the pie.info group are run by a single individual called sabre911 who also operates all their peercaches alone and who happens to be the same chap who said its impossible to block the flooders and caused the patch wars in the first place by mis-advising vladd of vladd44.com who is now on board with winmxworld with his mxpie.com/net domains.

http://winmxphoenix.webs.com/whatiswinmx.htm

Also your link for obtaining winmx has a typo in it.
http://winmxphoenix.webs.com/downloads.htm
Dazzle_2

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah, can you tell were rushing to get it done? :lol: We will go over it again before we let it ride, our main goal is to post all the information we can as correctly as we can so we will work on that. (thank you) it is only 2 people doing the site, and we are also trying to get a few outside programers that have no connection to winmx whats so ever. They will do the final release. plus they mau be the only people that will work with the only programer i have so far. :lol:

if you see anymore problems, post in my fourm, this ones getting full... :lookup:
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:40 pm

"Patience and perserverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
~ John Quincy Adams
"The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit." ~ Author Unknown
“Rome was not built in one day.” ~ John Heywood
:wink:
sunnyd

Postby Snip » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Don't mean to be rude but all I see here is someone else trying to get others to do something for him instead of doing it himself.

A month from now this "project" will be dead in the water.
Snip

Postby sunnyd » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:33 pm

I think if he could code, he would be more than happy to do it all himself as he has stated. He just put up a website 4 days ago, and everyone deserves a chance, or a shot at something they feel is worthwhile. While there may be others who have projects underway, it's been six years. New ideas and getting new people involved should not be condemned imo.

I am really grateful that when I wanted to learn all about WinMX and all the other file sharing clients, OpenNap, SlavaNap servers, etc., I had two really awesome people helping and teaching me, which now allows me to help others all the time. I will never look down on anyone asking for, or needing help, especially to get a project underway, or because they have a new idea.

Things are not always successful, but it's a shame to see others be so critical already.

Personally, I'd love to see an OpenNap file sharing client that is brand new, and not associated with any of the bullshit from the past, but I can't write code, dammit. :wink:
sunnyd

Postby Dazzle_2 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

I think $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 has a good idea and with enough continued enthusiasm he may actually reach his goal, there is no shame in making an effort.
Dazzle_2

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 am

Thank you Dazzle_2 And Sunny_d for the kind words. I am sorry to say that it makes me sad that someone could say other wise, for they have no place in WinMX at all. I have spent the last 2 months trying to get a general idea of whether or not winmx can be duplicated then made better, And the past week with almost next to no sleep working on this web page going through idea after idea "being rusty at HTML and it probably being the best thing to do" ant trying to keep my sense of reality about me... This all comes down to finding a group of WILLING programmers to dedicate their time away from their lives, their families and their hobbies to work on a project that will be so worth while that most of the common WinMX users can not even be able to understand nor realise at this stage. And One of the best bits of advice I have gotten so far was "Open Source." That alone would leave it up-grade able, up-date able and UN-beatable, because who knows winmx more than winmx users? But on the second hand, I really do not think that it should be made only by winmx users because that would leave room for exploits or other unwanted items of ill regard. Now Zenar has already stated that "If a group of people are dead serious of making a P2P like WinMX, I will gladly help. Don't forget I will not work with some unorganised people and you have to know what you are doing.I can program in C#, Java, C++, VB.net..." And i think that if Zenar can be found a convinced to help us work on this and take away just a little time of his from the game he is reported to be making "btw. im a big rpg fan so let me know something ;)", that he could be a VERY valuable asset to the project. As i have said before, i already have one programmer willing, but I do not think that everyone would jump at a chance to work with him. But as for me, I don't want to sit here and watch the best (its backwards)-->"DENMAD DOG" P2P's slowly bleed to death in front of me. So Zenar, you have your dedication. I have been on WinMX since 2002 and I plan to be on it for some time to come, because in the last 8 years, i have truly found a place to call home and i will fight to defend it, to remake it and to give it a fighting chance,.. So what do I have to do to start a revolution? Start collecting a $1 donation from every winmx user to hire a few programmers to get the job done? Or are the users of winmx going to get up off of their lazy asses and start demanding a better, more updated, feature packed P2P? its not my decision, its every WinMXers decision to help put forth the effort it will take and stop waiting for something to just fall out of the sky. Put aside the petty differences and forget what a faction is and learn what a community can do. I want the word out about this project... tell a friend... and tell them to tell their friends... this time a week from now I want my mail man to know about it. :lol:
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 am

While I think your enthusiasm and your intentions are great, I tend to agree with the post you made a few posts ago, that further details on your project, progress, etc., should now be posted on your forum to promote this further, and not necessarily on Slyck (just my opinion). I would hate to see additional negative comments or flame wars starting here, with those that disagree or are not willing to be supportive. :wink:
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 am

Agreed, close of post :) it ends here... right now... wow, hard to let this one go... :lol:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Transmission Cancled...
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 am

To be clear, that was only my opinion, which may, or may not represent the opinion of anyone else here. I merely mentioned it for your sake only. If they are negative on your forum, you can delete their posts. :lol:
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 am

true, or talk circles around them till they just give up... lol. j/k. but yeah, i agree. :lol: did you see the webchat we added? lol o.k seriously, lock this post, im gone.... lol :popcorn:
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 am

seriously, lock this post

why?
MrFredPFL

Postby sunnyd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 am

I was actually wrong for stating my opinion here, Fred gave you full permission to carry on your discussion, I was only hoping to avoid confrontation for your sake BC, but there is no need to have this thread locked, and my opinion should have been kept to myself for several reasons. I apologize for making you think I intended for the discussion to stop just because there may be some negativity. My bad. :oops: And yes, I did see that you put up a live web chat. :)
:toast:
sunnyd

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

No negativity here m8, I just realised I have my own site, lol I need to focus on it, and not take time replying to other forums while were still setting up... didn't mean it as I wasn't coming back, Sunny_d is growing on me, I like his attitude. He would be a real asset to my site as well with his willingness to offer forth his wealth of noggin vapours :lol: *i mean knowledge, but i got a thesaurus for Christmas...* Thats our seccondary goal, we plan on covering ALL possible topics and not just selective ones preordained by factions in WinMX. (btw, by that i mean were trying to offer up all sides on WinMX that most WinMX sites "fail" to include.) Just stating a fact as I have come to realise it because i belive it is tearing WinMX apart and groups that would under normal circumstances get along are spiteful and rude "to say the least" twards each other. I kick/ban for drama in my room for an unspecified amount of time, i will not tolerate it. ;) kinda makes em think about the ignore button, I can't stress that feature enough.

*another after thought again... lol*

My m8 Chris actualy did the web chat, java makes my head hurt. lol He is a good guy, with alot of Skill in various areas. I just wish he was C++ Certified with 10 years experience... lol
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

Postby sunnyd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Psssst....I am a "she" not a "he", lol.
sunnyd

Postby Dazzle_2 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 pm

I would like to know just what it is you think is being hidden from users Cash as I operate a large WinMX support site with a team of folks and its hard enough keeping things rolling in this time of a dwindling p2p global arena without innuendo being cast that sites such as the one I operate are taking sides and hiding things from folks,if you have something you wish to state or ask me about please do so and I,ll answer your queries here in public as I have done many times before with others and doubtless will end up doing so again.

I believe only through sensible discussion can folks work through differences of opinion, simply making a claim and providing nothing of substance to support it is unlikely to be anything of benefit to the community, If winmxworld is the site you have any complaint with then you have the right man here to complain to, its run by a team of volunteers not corporate folks and so your opinion is as important and valued as anyone elses, I await to hear if I,m in your "badbooks" for any reason.
Dazzle_2

Postby $$_BoguS-CasH_$$911 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:34 pm

i was actualy talking about the pie sites... lol sorry for not clarifying better. (was trying to not point fingers but since you made me...lol) nothing about you either m8 so no hostiles please. i was refering to the fact that anything they say leaves huge gaps in the full truth and you cant deny that. talking their way around questions with out awnsering them. omiting facts to suit their "cause"
$$_BoguS-CasH_$$911

PreviousNext

Return to WinMX