Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

need assist. Torrents and connections issues

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

need assist. Torrents and connections issues

Postby ravensky6x9 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:51 pm

I have a request for an assist on solving an issue. Here is one I have not been able to solve for some time , I run an amd 9950 4gig system, vista 64 os. Over the last few weeks I have had an issue with my bt client dropping all connections on my network which has 4 computers. I run with peerblocker using my bt client, if I use the scheduler to control my bandwidth usage I have no issues while it is set to run at 100 down/ 50 upload. During my family off peak hours I have it set to proper specs with setting according to speed guide. I can run at limited usage all day long, but once the scheduler turns off and I renew correct speeds my entire network goes out , I have to reset my modem and router. Modem is the standard cheap crap that comcast gives out and my router is a linksys WRT54G firmware ver 1.0.09, I tried to upgrade the firmware with a flash update but it would let me at all keeps saying incompatible. Needless to say this happens every night , no warning, no message , no nothing to indicate there is a problem. It isnt happening at a set time, it can happen randomly, sometimes within minutes of the scheduler turning off to hours later.

If anyone has any ideas suggestion, I would appreciate the imput
ravensky6x9

Re: need assist. Torrents and connections issues

Postby peewee007 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Sounds like yer overwhelming the router. Try lowering the max connections per torrent and the total number of connections. Drop the max number down in maybe 50 to 100 increments and see if the connection stability increases.
Another thing is routers don't like too many UDP packets for some silly reason(although gaming usually works..which is UDP). I'm guessin that yer usin utorrent...Turn off uTP in the Preferences --> Advanced settings(bt.transp_disposition = 5) and also turn off DHT when not needed.(Trackers for your torrents are functioning properly). Also turn off Local peer discovery by going to Preferences --> Bittorrent and unchecking Enable local peer discovery. Hopefully this info helps..I've found out all of this on my own system so it should also help others
peewee007

Re: need assist. Torrents and connections issues

Postby ravensky6x9 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Thank you for some advice I will give each idea a try and see how it all works. If it doesnt I will post again later .
ty again
ravensky6x9

Return to Tech/Software Discussion