Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

If you get the crash at startup . try this

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

If you get the crash at startup . try this

Postby lovedrug » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:26 am

lovedrug

Postby Solomon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:30 am

Whats so special about it? All I can find is a copy of Blubster v1.2.3. Or is it designed to be "built" by the end user?
Solomon

Postby lovedrug » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:15 am

''OpenLITO Open Source MANOLITO P2P Client''

thats what it says . if its being honest then its some sort of open source project .

can anyone verify this please?

anyhow ,i figured it may be a good alternative to those who cant get past that splash screen .
lovedrug

Postby j_dogg » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:06 am

Piolet, if you choose not to install the spyware when it asks while installing, it ecatly the same as Bluster Clean, except for the ad-banner in Piolet.

Yet if you install Blubster Clean without the install of a previous mp2p client, a couple of .ocx files aren't installed, causing the freeze at the slash screen.
Since you can install and uinstall Piolet without letting any crapware through. it is recommended you do so before install Blubster Clean, which will in most cases eliminate the splash screen problem...
j_dogg

Postby Joyfultidings » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:39 am

j-dogg is exactly right! that's what got me up and running! jt
Joyfultidings

Postby lovedrug » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:50 am

me , myself and i have never had a crash with the program . i just wanted to put up another alternative. someone said it was just an old version . so im guessing the open source of it all is bogus ?

also i have no ad in piolet . must be my admuncher :)
lovedrug

On OpenLITO

Postby shellreef » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:56 pm

Hi,

OpenLITO is my project; unfortunately it is not yet usable. Most of the MP2P protocol is understood (in fact a Perl module for disassembling or building MP2P packets is available), however, a crucial component required for interoperability with existing MP2P clients has not yet been written. This means that although the OpenLITO code can receive and interpret MP2P, it cannot send (yet).

The problem is basically that every MANOLITO packet has a checksum attached to it, calculated from the contents of the packet. If the checksum is incorrect, the packet is ignored. Since OpenLITO has no idea how to calculate the checksum, it can't send MP2P packets to other clients, making it useless in its present state. Some progress has been made in reversing the checksum algorithm but so far no implementation works 100%.

So OpenLITO is currently of interest only to programmers. If you're looking for an alternative client to use right now, nothing to see here, sorry.

OpenLITO isn't bogus, its just not ready for general usage yet. I'm surprised that news of my project reached P2P sites so quickly after submitting it to SF. :) Rest assured, once (if) OpenLITO is ready for the public, a news story will be submitted. But don't hold your breath. I'm the sole programmer at the moment, and I'm leaving for college early next month...to any interested coders reading this: if you can program, have knowledge of checksums, and want to help make an alternative MP2P client, contact me at shellreef + mp2p[at]gmail.com. Thanks for your interest.

-Jeff Connelly
http://openlito.sourceforge.net/

P.S.: The_Kid: Blubster 1.2.3 wasn't supposed to be included in the release. My mistake. I had it in my project directory to study how it works, but forgot to remove it before making the tarball. Today's release fixes this oversight. Sorry for the confusion.
shellreef

Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)