Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

News about the BitTorrent Network. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby sunnyd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Story : http://torrentfreak.com/no-pirate-bay-deal-says-key-ggf-technology-partner-09082

In addition to having little to no money to buy The Pirate Bay for 60 million kronor ($7.8m), GGF also has to find 100 million Swedish kronor to buy Peerialism, the company under agreement to provide the core technology behind the project.

However, Peerialism CEO Johan Ljungberg said today that he thinks there will be no business done between the two companies.



Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
User avatar
sunnyd
 
Posts: 21258
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby xforce » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:51 pm

honestly no company in their right minds would ever purchase a torrent site or any p2p site for that matter. it isn't simply profitable. the technology isn't the problem, it is the riaa and mpaa that are the problem. they are simply too greedy, stupid and paranoid to see the possibilities they are in front of them. if they changed their minds then we see something different.
xforce the pirate.
xforce
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:21 pm

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby ejonesss » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:50 am

no but they may buy it out to shut it down.

remember the magic device that was supposed to connect to the car and give very high fuel milage?

the oil co did not like the device so they bought the patent and shelved it.




xforce wrote:honestly no company in their right minds would ever purchase a torrent site or any p2p site for that matter. it isn't simply profitable. the technology isn't the problem, it is the riaa and mpaa that are the problem. they are simply too greedy, stupid and paranoid to see the possibilities they are in front of them. if they changed their minds then we see something different.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:43 pm

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby User100100 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm

ejonesss wrote:no but they may buy it out to shut it down.

remember the magic device that was supposed to connect to the car and give very high fuel milage?

the oil co did not like the device so they bought the patent and shelved it.




xforce wrote:honestly no company in their right minds would ever purchase a torrent site or any p2p site for that matter. it isn't simply profitable. the technology isn't the problem, it is the riaa and mpaa that are the problem. they are simply too greedy, stupid and paranoid to see the possibilities they are in front of them. if they changed their minds then we see something different.

Got a link to that specific device? This one sounds interesting.
User100100
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby sunnyd » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Pirate Bay Buyer Has Car And Motorcycle Repossessed

http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-buyer-has-car-and-motorcycle-repossessed-090829/

As if his financial issues couldn’t get any worse, the CEO of Global Gaming Factory suffered yet another humiliating setback yesterday. After a tax debt of more of $110,000 went unpaid, enforcement officers swooped last night, repossessing Hans Pandeya’s car and a motorcycle.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
User avatar
sunnyd
 
Posts: 21258
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby MythicalMe » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:15 pm

The oil and auto companies were known to buy up technology that would give better gas mileage, of course the evidence was all anecdotal, meaning those devices were part of the urban legend scene of the 70's and 80's. For those of you who remember the carburetor, used to mix fuel and air for the cylinders, they were extremely inefficient for fuel delivery. The fuel mixture had to be set just right or it would use more gas than needed. Many of the designs that I'd heard about added water to the mixture, the idea being that the combustion would turn the water to steam aiding in the power stroke, and some devices were meant to compress the air giving more oxygen for the combustion to work with.

Amazingly, one of those devices is used today. If you buy a turbo-charged car you have a vehicle that compresses the air.
Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither.
MythicalMe
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:14 am
Location: Behind one of my 5 computers

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby Duncker » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 am

MythicalMe wrote:The oil and auto companies were known to buy up technology that would give better gas mileage, of course the evidence was all anecdotal, meaning those devices were part of the urban legend scene of the 70's and 80's. For those of you who remember the carburetor, used to mix fuel and air for the cylinders, they were extremely inefficient for fuel delivery. The fuel mixture had to be set just right or it would use more gas than needed. Many of the designs that I'd heard about added water to the mixture, the idea being that the combustion would turn the water to steam aiding in the power stroke, and some devices were meant to compress the air giving more oxygen for the combustion to work with.

Amazingly, one of those devices is used today. If you buy a turbo-charged car you have a vehicle that compresses the air.


Oh boy.. Injecting water into an engine is primarily done to lower the temperature in the combustion chamber. This makes it possible to put even more fuel/air in there and get more power. You do use more fuel overall however.
This technique is used on high-performance engines usually together with a turbo or compressor. For normal cars an intercooler is used instead.

Carburettors were/are not extremely inefficient. Yes they are less inneficient than direct injection systems but when well tuned they are often within 5-10% of an injection system. At low rpm's they are often considered superior to direct injection.

If you want to use less gas, buy a smaller car and be careful with your right foot...
Duncker
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 am
Location: Sweden

Re: No Pirate Bay Deal, Says Key GGF Technology Partner

Postby MrFredPFL » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:26 am

just to come to the defense of carburetors - like the fax machine, they ain't extinct yet - just on cars and trucks. most, if not all, small engines (lawn mowers, riding mowers, weed whackers, chain saws, etc.) still use them.

and i gotta :lol: at a bittorrent news thread dominated by a discussion of methods of supplying fuel and air to an internal combustion engine :D
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 14237
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm


Return to BitTorrent News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com