Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

I want something under my nick

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

I want something under my nick

Postby HEAT84 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:21 am

Why don't the admins let us do it ourselves? Every other forum does. What possible security risk can there be?

I'd like it to say Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut :tinfoilhat: This would help people understand my avatar. Other than his conspiracy nutness, I'm nothing like Dale Gribble though. I don't smoke or drink, hate guns, and would never kill insects.

And I would know if my son was actually the son of an indian and not be dumb enough to let John Redcorn and my wife alone together. :lol:
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Re: I want something under my nick

Postby HouseCrowd » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:35 am

HEAT84 wrote:Other than his conspiracy nutness, I'm nothing like Dale Gribble though. I don't smoke or drink, hate guns, and would never kill insects.

Do you look like Dale though!?

Love that show! :D

The "something under [your] nick" is actually the forum ranking system. There's no facility for users to add/edit them presently. (I've added the rank for you BTW)
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby HEAT84 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 am

HouseCrowd wrote:Do you look like Dale though!?
Without glasses, yes a little. I never thought it before. :shock: :lol: But I'm not bald and he's 10 or 15 years older than me (well 11.5 years older apparently). I can't find a picture of him without glasses in Google images. Its probablly on the 50'th page. :lol: Maybe somebody could download the Stik Tek episode(or play it on Hulu?) and make one.

Its too bad the show is ending this year. But there's a bunch of episodes I haven't seen yet so I'm still good for awhile.

HouseCrowd wrote:The "something under [your] nick" is actually the forum ranking system. There's no facility for users to add/edit them presently. (I've added the rank for you BTW)
I was thinking of the Custom member title. That's what other forums call it. Thanks. :D
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 am

just an FYI - it depends on the forum software involved. phpbb has no facility for users editing this field - other software, like vbulletin, for example, does. i can't speak for all variations of forum software - phpbb and vbulletin are the only two i know about as far as this issue is concerned.
MrFredPFL

Postby piglets222 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:52 pm

i'd be afraid to ask for something like that >.<

or afraid of result

XD
piglets222

Postby NocturnalVagabond » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Hey HC, before the floodgates open and the requests pour in, can I apply to have " Tin Foil Hat Salesperson " listed under mine ??
I luvs stoking the fires of conspiracy theorists .... :P
"I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day"
- Dean Martin
NocturnalVagabond
Tin Foil Hat Salesperson

Postby HouseCrowd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:56 am

:lol:

No problem. Done!
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby NocturnalVagabond » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Thank you, I will post you a complimentary cap.

In the meantime, don't forget to accessorize and protect your other parts...

"I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day"
- Dean Martin
NocturnalVagabond
Tin Foil Hat Salesperson

Return to Tell us what you think