Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Last movie you watched...

An area for general chat not related to file-sharing.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Last movie you watched...

Postby piglets222 » Sat May 16, 2009 5:45 pm

so i was digging digg ^.^ and tripped over

http://www.timeout.com/film/features/sh ... films.html

it listed the fountain

so i watched it, i enjoyed it, would recommend it....with one warning

its sad : (
piglets222

Postby zbeast » Sat May 23, 2009 1:04 am

Terminator Salvation (2009)

Tagine: The End Begins

7 out of 10.. it's just not that interesting .
It's an average movie. should you see it.. sure, if you have nothing else to do.

it's bland, no real thrill's no real spill's.. it just walking along dribbling out the plot almost
in a monotone. If you've seen the trailers you've seen the best part.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby namaste2040 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Last one I watched is irrelevant with the news on David Carridine- tonight I pay homage with kill bill 2
namaste2040

Postby MrFredPFL » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Title: The Wages of Fear
Year: 1953
Genre: Suspense, Film Noir

this is an absolutely great film. later remade in 1977 as Sorcerer, with Roy Scheider (also well worth watching imo), the original is a kind of movie which is rarely if ever made now - a suspense movie that has nothing to do with psychotic killers or crimes of any kind. it's all about man against nature, and man against himself.

four desperate men take the offer of a dangerous high-paying job to try to raise themselves out of their poverty. why is it dangerous? because they're transporting nitroglycerine on the back of a couple of flatbed trucks with none of the usual safety equipment used to transport nitro, thru the wilds of south america on less than perfect roads.

it is partially subtitled, as the dialog takes place in multiple languages - english, spanish, french, and possibly italian and dutch as well. i normally don't care much for watching subtitled films, but i am very happy i made an exception in this case.

i also have to mention it predates nintendo by many years, as the 4 drivers include both mario and luigi :lol:

loved it. great movie.
MrFredPFL

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:07 pm

ok, i've skipped a ton lately, so i'm going to try to get caught up some.

first, a batch of westerns:

Cat Ballou - 1965 - Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin
i love this film, and not in the least for the soundtrack, performed on camera by nat king cole and stubby kaye.

Once Upon a Time in the West - 1968 - Charles Bronson, Claudia Cardinale, Jason Robards, Henry Fonda
to me, this is Sergio Leone's best film, and the best western ever made. Sergio working with a real hollywood budget is a fine thing indeed. as one person put it on imdb: "No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will."

The Electric Horseman - 1972 - Robert Redford, Jane Fonda
a sleeper about a washed up rodeo star whose life now consists of promoting breakfast cereal on the back of a retired thoroughbred champion, bedecked in electric lights. it's a rarity, an effective western set in modern times. very good film.

Heaven's Gate - 1980 - Kris Kristofferson, Christopher Walken, Isabelle Huppert, Sam Waterston, John Hurt
this movie is maybe the most unfairly maligned movie of all time. considered by many to be the biggest flop ever, it's actually a REALLY good film. my only objection is its length - 3 hours 39 minutes. i see on imdb that there's a 2.5 hour cut now, but i've never seen it. this movie is great in so many ways. the cast, the cinematography, the scenery (filmed in and around glacier national park in northwest montana), the costumes, the sets, and, most importantly, a great story.

From Noon Till Three - 1976 - Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland
this film is cute. it's a comedy, not a drama filled with bandits and shootouts and desperados. bronson and ireland were a hollywood rarity - a real life couple for several decades until her death. it shows in their chemistry onscreen.

Bad Girls - 1994 - Madeleine Stowe, Mary Stuart Masterson, Andie MacDowell, Drew Barrymore
cute girls, terrible movie. really lame.

i'll bore you with another long post later ;) :P
MrFredPFL

Postby zbeast » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
Unlike the movie UP this one is ploted more like a kids film..
They work over a tired plot.. "Someone has a baby" but they do it well.
The first part of the movie is a little slow. But the intoduce a fun new Character which is a lot
of fun. "no it's not the female version of scrat.

I say see this film when it comes out. it's lots of fun. I give it a 8 out of 10.
zbeast

Postby zbeast » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

This film has received a mix of rating all different.
1) if your expecting a deep story. don't go.
2) if your expecting character development. don't go.
3) If your not into the Giant robots thing. don't go.

But if your male, like car's robots and girls shaking there butt. This is the film for you.
Hell if you a girl and like seeing girls shaking there butt's go..

But expect to see nothing but almost non stop crap blowing up, shaking butt, and lot's of yelling.

With that said ... I give this film a 8 out of 10... Go.... its' a good summer popcorn film.
Dont watch a cam.... you'll see nothing blur...
zbeast

Postby zbeast » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Land of the Lost (2009)
Pile of crap... that's all I have to say about that.
The best parts if this film you see in the trailer of this doomed film./

I saw this film for free and I want my money back.

2 out of 10... The why 2 and not zero... I like the dinosaur animation the animators working on that
film but it's that 10 min's of high quality 3d work is not enough to save this turkey.

Say mister animator.. I would really like to see all the work you've did on that film.
You rock.
zbeast

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 pm

The Hangover (released June 2009)

Directed by Todd Phillips, starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis.

Absolutely a "must see" in my opinion. Three groomsmen decide to take the groom to Vegas as a bachelor party for him. I have not laughed as hard as I did watching this movie, in quite some time. The appearance of Mike Tyson is funny, and imo, the end of the movie when they show the credits, is almost funnier than the movie, therefore giving it a perfect ending.

9 out of 10 from me on this one

/me is still laughing from last night
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby piglets222 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:58 pm

angels and demons...

OooOoo!! Buddy! YAH!

so... the movie was like a 4... but teh ending... teh ending was a Friggen 5 >.<

made meh jaw drop

awesome blossom with a side of pwnzor sause : )
piglets222

Postby piglets222 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:41 am

star trek

and

omg!

thats all im going to say

besides im a trekkie...

i will be buying this movie !!!!11111
piglets222

Postby HEAT84 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:40 am

I'm still waiting for a good release. Its been out 2 months and nothing better than a teleSync. WTF? :(
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby jokster » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:34 am

Chaser AKA Chugyeogja
IMDB
very good Korean thriller. i can see hollywood remaking and destroying this film, watch it now before its wrecked.
Capitalism Is Cannibalism
Resistance is fertile
jokster

Postby multivariable » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:51 am

HEAT84 wrote:I'm still waiting for a good release. Its been out 2 months and nothing better than a teleSync. WTF? :(

It's worth paying to see at the cinema, imo.

Then download it. :D
multivariable

Postby piglets222 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 pm

dreamcatcher

omg... if this was ranking movies on a scale of 1-10... this movie is a TWELVE (this is just my view, everyone knows im weird, so)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285531/

Tagline: Four friends hung a dreamcatcher in their cabin. It's about to catch something it cannot stop.

Go Out... Watch it, NAO!
piglets222

Postby Fartingbob » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Dreamcatcher is one film which i dont dislike, i just dont get why some think its so amazing. Good acting in parts, original story is good. But for some reason it just doesnt quite feel like a great film. 7/10

Rear Window - 1954
Not usually a fan of films from this era, but this is a very good film that seems to have stood the test of time better than most. 8.5/10

The Time Machine - 2002
Not a particularly good film. It had some interesting ideas that it could have run with but didnt, in the end trying to cram too much in and ending up with below average slices of each. 4/10

Primal Fear - 1996
Big fan of Ed Norton (when he isnt in crappy hollywood wank like The Italian Job), love pretty much all his more 'indy' films like this one. Its not fantastic, but its not too far off. It seemed to depend on Norton to save this film, not sure if it would seem anywhere near as good if someone else was in his role. 6.5/10
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby piglets222 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 pm

mimic << i really liked this movie... and Mira Sorvino ish HAWT, yuh i'd recommend it

tagline: For thousands of years, man has been evolution's greatest creation... until now.

mimic 2, mimic 3, they failed, the story lines failed.. the acting failed... they even brought Lance Henriksen in for teh 3rd, and he couldnt make it improved (i like him he's a good actor tho, throughly enjoyed him in teh tv show 'millenium') i'd not recommend either of them, and i believe in watching series' : (
piglets222

Postby zbeast » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm

piglets222 wrote:mimic << i really liked this movie... and Mira Sorvino ish HAWT, yuh i'd recommend it

tagline: For thousands of years, man has been evolution's greatest creation... until now.

mimic 2, mimic 3, they failed, the story lines failed.. the acting failed... they even brought Lance Henriksen in for teh 3rd, and he couldnt make it improved (i like him he's a good actor tho, throughly enjoyed him in teh tv show 'millenium') i'd not recommend either of them, and i believe in watching series' : (

What there was a mimic 2 and 3???? that must have been bad for me to never have heard of them.
I like horror movies, but horror movie with monsters, not zombie, not people running around with knifes and chain saws.
Not some guy with a tricked out house of horrors.. I'm looking at you SAW.
zbeast

Postby piglets222 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 pm

zbeast wrote:
piglets222 wrote:mimic << i really liked this movie... and Mira Sorvino ish HAWT, yuh i'd recommend it

What there was a mimic 2 and 3????

mimic 2 > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239641/
Tagline:This time, nothing can stop it!

Just when they were all thought to be dead, the giant cockroaches are back

sad... mira wasnt in it :/

mimic 3 or mimic : sentinal >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330634/
Tagline:Terror has been reinvented! (oh pulzzzz can joo be LESS Overdramatic pfft...)

Plot:A man enclosed in a plastic bubble, his sister, and their best friend must defend an apartment complex from the mutant Judas Breed insects. (its not actually a bubble) :/
piglets222

Postby piglets222 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:58 pm

man on fire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328107/

i have seen this movie before, so its repeatable :popcorn:

and i'd recommend it to others too, its got a good plot twist, but it doesnt have all that happy a ending ^.^

its got Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Marc Anthony
piglets222

Postby zbeast » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 pm

I was forced to watch this film.
It was not my choice. I made a bet and lost.

Tonight's film of horror..

Poultrygeist - Night of the Chicken Dead 2006

How does this film rate on a scale from 1 to 10... it's a negative 5000.

Some people should not be allowed anywhere near camera equipment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462485/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/poultrygeist/

I never wanted to unwatch a movie so badly in my life.
zbeast

Postby ntscuser » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Knowing. Not recommended if you're feeling depressed to begin with. Otherwise a good way to fill a couple of hours with some very impressive special effects.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/
ntscuser

Postby piglets222 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 pm

the reaping with hillary swank...

i liked it... maybe on a 10 scale a 7

A former Christian missionary, who specializes in debunking religious phenomena, investigates a small town which seems to be suffering from the 10 biblical plagues.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0444682/
piglets222

Postby bluebird » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 am

piglets222 wrote:angels and demons...

OooOoo!! Buddy! YAH!

so... the movie was like a 4... but teh ending... teh ending was a Friggen 5 >.<

made meh jaw drop

awesome blossom with a side of pwnzor sause : )

i'm assuming Piglet liked this one...I liked it too, Tom Hanks seems to be getting more watchable with age I think :D
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun x
bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby piglets222 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:39 am

zbeast wrote:Ok I didn't even know this movie came out thats how bad the advertising was for it.

Outlander (2008)

Tagline: It destroyed his world. He won't let it destroy ours.

This movie is a total ripoff off of "Aliens", "The host" with a sprinkle of "Pitch Black" and
the "The 13th Warrior ".

But thats not necessarily a bad thing. It has a lot of things I like, such as big swords,
buff half naked guys and a cool monsters trying to eat them. The beast in this low cost little film is the star.
it's well designed and well animated. See this film if you can it's a 7 out of 10.

i just watched this movie

and agree

and i was afraid it was good be pretty lame... but it was actually pretty good, good action :thumbup:
piglets222

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge