Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Best Clients ???

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Best Clients ???

Postby SyLeNtTbRoWn » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey guys is been a long time i was wondering if anyone could steer me to a real good torrent client ... ( i use vuze but it really pisses me off and eats up alot of resources) Just need something thats easy to use and i can get a half decent speed out of ?? Any suggestions???
Thanks
T
Im no Super Guenious.... or are I??
SyLeNtTbRoWn

Re: Best Clients ???

Postby CompMacBookDude » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:13 pm

CompMacBookDude

Postby ntscuser » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:47 pm

ntscuser

Postby multivariable » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey SyLeNt, long time, no see... :D :howdy:

Are you taking the piss? :P
multivariable

Postby Overnet User » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Bittyrant http://bittyrant.cs.washington.edu/

From Bittyrant Webpage below:
BitTyrant is a new, protocol compatible BitTorrent client that is optimized for fast download performance. BitTyrant is...

* Fast – During evaluation testing on more than 100 real BitTorrent swarms, BitTyrant provided an average 70% download performance increase when compared to the existing Azureus 2.5 implementation, with some downloads finishing more than three times as quickly.
* Fair – BitTorrent was designed with incentives in mind: if a user is downloading at 30 KBps, they should upload at 30 KBps. However, due to the unique workload properties of many real-world swarms, this is not always enforced. BitTyrant is designed to make efficient use of your scarce upload bandwidth, rewarding those users whose upload allocations are fair and only allocating excess capacity to other users.
* Familiar – BitTyrant is based on modifications to Azureus 2.5, currently the most popular BitTorrent client. All of our changes are under the hood. You’ll find the GUI identical to Azureus, with optional additions to display statistics relevant to BitTyrant’s operation.
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Postby SyLeNtTbRoWn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:26 am

Vary informative thanks all .... hhahahaha hey MV how ya doing there old pal ??? Lol ive been "busy" the last few years with lots of things, but now have alot more time to sit on the old pirate ship haha.
Im no Super Guenious.... or are I??
SyLeNtTbRoWn

Return to BitTorrent