Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

ISP connections keep dropping

This is the forum to discuss internet and other tech topics which aren't specifically hardware or software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

ISP connections keep dropping

Postby btax » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:42 am

Well this has never happened but for the past few days I have been having weird attacks on my utorrent system.

When I was downloading a japanese tv show at grandmas her comcast kept dropping her connection again and again like a hot potatoe, then when I get home there was no more problems, my grandpa also now downloads on p2p so I am suspicous that comcast is now cutting off my grandparents cable when they catch us using utorrent for a certain time frame.

At home I was trying to finiush the rest of the torrent out of fear that my grandparents might be penalized by my downloading habits or grandpas isohunt downloading, well my Earthlink cut me off the internet until I put away utorrent now my connection works again and IU believe I need an anonymous proxy because I fear im being tracked and cut off anytime I'm caught downloading.
I started http://uswgo.hyipo.net/ to help stop the Bilderbergs because they are a bunch of criminals that need to be taught a lesson, and the first lesson is why criminals should be arrested.
btax

Re: ISP connections keep dropping

Postby btax » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:44 am

I also got a hacker in the router at grandmas, it blocked me from a website and it told me I am blocked by my own grandparents netgear router. Usually only the government or high authority cops or internet officers would know how to hack routers or know all the backdoors that I dont know.
I started http://uswgo.hyipo.net/ to help stop the Bilderbergs because they are a bunch of criminals that need to be taught a lesson, and the first lesson is why criminals should be arrested.
btax

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:56 am

:roll:
MrFredPFL

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Yeah...governments and police aren't the only ones that know how to do that, anybody within range of your wireless (if you have wireless) or with a google search and hacking abilities can do it - especially if you kept default login names and passwords.

To me...the problem sounds like port blocking, open up the specified ports on your router to allow traffic to flow through. If the ports are closed, you will get crappy connections and anything tracing your routes will report that the router is the cause.

You ask "Why would it happen all of a sudden?" well..if your computers are running off the routers DHCP and don't have static addresses...when your PC's lease expires on the IP that your router gave it...it could assign the computer a new IP, therefore if you had ports open - they would now be closed.

Personally I really doubt anybody hacked your router, if it's not wireless...
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 pm

paladwyn - regardless of who can do what, i have MAJOR doubts that anyone hacked anything. adieu.
MrFredPFL

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:00 pm

It was probably Fred...he takes out his frusterations on Slycksters :P
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby rsrikanth05 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:46 am

uTorrent is a major bugger.
Switch to BitComet or BitTornado, atleast they work.
I have also been using a Linksys Wireless router for a week and a half, but have had not many problems with any program except uTorrent.
So now I use Opera to download Torrents while typing this message out...
rsrikanth05

Postby btax » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:45 am

I've been having weird problems as well with my earthlink. A lot of times when I try to access torrentz I get a connection dropped error as if theres some filter going on here but at some times I can access the site and several other sites I try to access I get the same connection dropped error. I try to access it via ninjaproxy and it goes through and sometimes I'm even having problems with the proxy as well.

It's almost like there's so much surges in traffic that p2p sites can no longer handle it.
btax

Postby multivariable » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 am

rsrikanth05 wrote:uTorrent is a major bugger.
Switch to BitComet or BitTornado, atleast they work.
I have also been using a Linksys Wireless router for a week and a half, but have had not many problems with any program except uTorrent.
So now I use Opera to download Torrents while typing this message out...

http://portforward.com/
multivariable

Return to Tech/Other/Internet Discussion