Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

BREIN Claims Success Against 'TV Land' Top Site

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

BREIN Claims Success Against 'TV Land' Top Site

Postby SlyckTom » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 pm

Reporting on the 'scene' is never easy - unlike P2P, there are no media relations and scene release aren't published like press statements. So in this circumstance, we have to take BREIN's latest press release and continue digging. But what BREIN does have to say is rather remarkable. According to their latest release, BREIN has successfully aided in the take down of TV Land, which the anti-piracy firm claims is the largest scene bust ever.

"Largest illegal top site ever taken offline - Today Dutch piracy watchdog BREIN took down the ftp servers of the illegal top site TVL. The site with 45 terabyte illegal content also was known as TV Land and hosted films, tv series, music, games, business software, audio books, etcetera. It was one the largest illegal top sites ever. 1 terabyte is 1000 gigabyte, that is 250 films or games or 25,000 songs. This site contained 45 times those quantities."

"The illegal content of TV Land was used amongst others for the illegal bittorrent site Scenetorrent.org."

BREIN just issued the release about an hour ago. According to BREIN, the servers have been raided and confiscated, and will be scoured in an effort to reveal the identities of the top site's administration. Slyck will report more if additional information becomes available.

According to the press release, SceneTorrents was supplied by TV Land. A recent scene notice attacked the collaboration between the two sites, which may have been instrumental in bringing both operations down.

"smokin1 (admin of TV Land), I recommend you to close your insecure p2l/p2p site within 24 hours, or I will provide all dutch anti-piracy organizations all information about the site, including complete releases list and sufficient proof to get the site busted, you have been warned!"

Edit: Tim Kuik, BREIN's managing direction, told Slyck.com in an email that TV Land was penetrated before the release of the above mentioned 'scene notice'.

"We were already inside when that notice appeared," Kuik told Slyck. "...There are also investigations including criminal into other top sites ongoing..."

Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Re: BREIN Claims Success Against 'TV Land' Top Site

Postby cddvdheaven123 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:10 pm

Confirmed servers have gone offline....
A number of users have informed me that they have indeed gone offline with no warning....
Last edited by cddvdheaven123 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cddvdheaven123

Postby Hath » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Here is the nfo that got them busted:
Can I have the link to the press notice thingy?

INSECURE.SITE.CALLED.TVLAND.PAY2LEECH.SELLING.LEECH.SLOTS.TO.P2P.TORRENTSITES-SCENENOTICE

Ok, first of all lets start with some information about the site:

NAME: TVL, aka TVLAND
BNC : lvt.dnavlt.com:48596
IP1 : 85.17.230.77 (master & slave)
IP2 : 85.17.230.76 (slave)
IP3 : 85.17.230.78 (slave)

The site consists of 3 gbit rented dedicated servers from LEASEWEB each seems to have 15TB of hdd space (total of 45tb), the software used for the site is DRFTPD
As you can see here, at the time the 'site slaves' command was executed there was no race, however, over 20 people are leeching something from the site
[1] 200- LVT1: ( UP: 0 @ 0B/s )-( DN: 8 @ 14.4MB/s )-( DF: 190.2GB/14.8TB )
[1] 200- LVT2: ( UP: 0 @ 0B/s )-( DN: 7 @ 6.1MB/s )-( DF: 153.5GB/14.7TB )
[1] 200- LVT3: ( UP: 0 @ 0B/s )-( DN: 10 @ 7.5MB/s )-( DF: 189.3GB/14.8TB )

In their "private" ircd main site channel, there are over 150 users ideling (at least half of those users are obviously payers, the site don't have any affils, and you can be sure they don't have 150 racers)
IRCD: lvtirc.redirectme.net:+7539 password=lovetv
The siteop sells 400GB credits for 40Euros a month (that's the offer i got)
So all of you p2pers who wants to pay for leech access, go ahead to the above ircd and message smokin1 (siteop of TVL)

Ok, now for the real interesting info:

SceneTorrents, aka ScT uploaders/staff are payers of TVL, and use it as their main source for uploading torrents very fast after pre. Every single release raced to TVL is uploaded after few seconds from complete time to SceneTorrents (i stucked some files on some releases to make sure, and i can assure you they use TVL for uploading to their auto torrents uploaders)
Another proof is that TVL was down for a week and came back online few days ago, and the result was that during TVL downtime ScT uploaded their torrents much much slower than usual, and missed a lot of releases which are uploaded usually. As soon as TVL came back, ScT started uploading fast again. TVL siteop allowed 7 days backfill for the days the site was down and ScT started uploading bf stuff, immediately after they were completed on TVL....

smokin1, I recommend you to close your insecure p2l/p2p site within 24 hours, or I will provide all dutch anti-piracy organizations all information about the site, including complete releases list and sufficient proof to get the site busted, you have been warned!

TVL TOP racers:

Mega
MYSTiCAL
TVLover
liverpool
dope
MoNS
g0lf
h00ters
bluerprynt
NuTcaS3
meis
MOOO
Tricky
Hotknife
Juggernaut

For the above fucking leakers, you fucking don't understand you are risking the scene? we all can get busted cause of your insecurity, use you brain before supporting a site, next time your ips will show up on the scenenotice!

Get the hell out of this p2l/p2p/rented/insecure site before it will be too late!
Hath

Postby SlyckTom » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Here's the full press release:

Largest illegal top site ever taken offline

Today Dutch piracy watchdog BREIN took down the ftp servers of the illegal top site TVL. The site with 45 terabyte illegal content also was known as TV Land and hosted films, tv series, music, games, business software, audio books, etcetera. It was one the largest illegal top sites ever. 1 terabyte is 1000 gigabyte, that is 250 films or games or 25,000 songs. This site contained 45 times those quantities.

A top site is made up of ftp servers which are used by the 'scene' to store and distribute the newest illegal content. The 'scene' consists of more or less interconnected groups of people who aim to put new content on the internet and spread it as soon as possible. They do so without permission of the rights holders and this makes top sites the source of the most damaging illegal distribution on the Internet. The illegal content of TV Land was used amongst others for the illegal bittorrent site Scenetorrent.org.

The servers will be examined in search of those responsible for the operation of the site, the illegal uploads and distribution of content.
SlyckTom

Postby Hath » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:32 pm

But can I have the link to the original press release?
Hath

Postby Ashibael » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:36 pm

Yeah, this one was taken down.... and in about 3 days, another one will spring up in it's place. Plus, all these people have to do is point out that 99% of these TV shows are ALREADY available online and the only thing they are doing is offering them in higher or the same quality as the sites that 'legally' offer these things....... case thrown out of court!
Ashibael

Postby SlyckTom » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:36 pm

I received it as an email...and it's not on their site it seems...
SlyckTom

Postby Hath » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:36 pm

@Ashibael: Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about....

@Slyck Tom: Then how do you know it's a legit story?
Hath

Postby Dazzle_2 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:19 pm

Legit or not I find it the height of lamerism to name names and sell out folks to the cartel lackeys, surely these so called "scene" folks can start using the brains they have a little better than to turn rat on folks.

It seems to me that there is far too much drama around these people, if I was a "scener" I would be embarrassed to have any of these "grasses" amongst my colleagues.
Dazzle_2

Postby Paladwyn » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Hath wrote:@Slyck Tom: Then how do you know it's a legit story?

Becuase he's made of awesome!
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby Hath » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:56 pm

How can you defend them when they were selling warez? Anybody doing that automatically is considered lowest of the low.
Hath

Postby Golgo1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:58 pm

yes, and fortunately, "There is no charge for awesome" :headbang:
Am I the ONLY one who remembers that video KILLED the radio star?
There are two kinds of people in this world: people who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Golgo1

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:17 am

Dazzle_2 wrote:Legit or not I find it the height of lamerism to name names and sell out folks to the cartel lackeys, surely these so called "scene" folks can start using the brains they have a little better than to turn rat on folks.

If i was told i could be fined hundreds of thousands or be thrown in jail for several years then id seriously consider it and most other people would to. Unless youve been in that position you cant know what you'll do.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby cddvdheaven123 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:50 am

http://www.anti-piracy.nl/nieuws/berich ... ichtid=151

Grootste illegale topsite ooit offline gehaald
Piraterijbestrijder stichting BREIN haalde vandaag de ftp servers van de illegale topsite TVL offline. De site met 45 terabyte illegale content stond ook bekend als TV Land, en hostte films, tv series, muziek, games, business software, audiobooks, etc. Het was een van de grootste illegale topsites ooit. 1 terabyte is 1000 gigabyte, dat zijn ongeveer 250 films of games of 25.000 liedjes. Deze site had daar 45 keer zoveel van.

Een topsite bestaat uit ftp servers die door 'the scene' gebruikt worden om de nieuwste illegale content op te slaan en te verspreiden. De 'scene' bestaat uit onderling min of meer verbonden groepen mensen die zich ten doel stellen nieuwe content zo snel mogelijk illegaal op Internet te zetten. Topsites vormen daarmee de bron van de meest schadelijke illegale verspreiding van populaire content op Internet. De illegale content van TV Land werd onder meer gebruikt voor de illegale bittorrent site Scenetorrents.org.

Het onderzoek naar de daders achter TV Land is nog niet afgerond. De servers zullen onderzocht worden op sporen naar de eigenaars/beheerders van de site, illegale uploaders en verspreiding van de content.

Thing is this was posted today rather then last night so might just be a feed from here !!!!!
cddvdheaven123

Postby tiny4eva » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:00 am

People who put themselves in that position know that if the ship goes down their all captains. You make sure Everyone is off the ship and you go down by yourself. Its shit, its a position nobody wants to be in, but you run the risk everyday. The network i help run i know where a few people live, their names, but would you get them from me. I have the right to remain silent, and silent i would be, with a weird nervous twitch that would get me a few years in a nut home on wacky drugs :mrgreen:
Winmx, We wont sell out like them Scurvy infected Pirate Bay Boys

http://patch.winmxconex.com
tiny4eva

Postby cddvdheaven123 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:03 am

Everyone that use P2P or has an active role in anything releated to P2P or other forms of downloading/uploading stuff should be aware what they do could cause them trouble at some point in time.
They do so with open eyes and now the possable outcome should things go pear shaped.Anyone doing this sort of stuff who thinks it wont happen and carries on with little thought of what could happen are dumb....
If the thought of getting caught and the possable action that could be taken against you scares you then STOP....Only do it if you understand the risks and prepared to take the rap if caught.....

So many users these days are under the the false hope it wont ever happen and have litle fore thought of the trouble they could face.

I have many details of the staff and uploaders of my own site and i know that if anything happened to it and action was taken the buck would stop with myself and every effort is taken and would be taken to protect the staff of the site and any uploaders to the site.

When my old site CDDVDHeaven.co.uk was shut down in 2005 many users and staff jumped ship in shear panic when the MP@@ took us down....This people should not have been users of such a site or more still the staff that jumped ship should have already come to terms with what they were doing and being part of....

If you cant do the time dont do the crime
cddvdheaven123

Postby ntscuser » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 am

cddvdheaven123 wrote:When my old site CDDVDHeaven.co.uk was shut down in 2005 many users and staff jumped ship in shear panic when the MP@@ took us down....
How exactly did an American organisation with no legal standing here manage to take down a UK-based website?
ntscuser

Postby cddvdheaven123 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:45 am

Easy .....
Pressured my then host which was based in the USA ...remember 2005 and at that time 90% of all sites were USA located where as no one with any sense would run such a site in the USA...
Sent many legal letters to myself at home demanding 150 million to start with !!!! enough to scare anyone back then when few sites had been taken down and chased down...

I ran CDDVDHeaven back then knowing full well things may happen but back then it was all new and the laws were being changed every few weeks and almost overnight the USA become a no go area for trackers....

I still run the site via another host in Canada and have been since the close down of CDDVD with no come back and no further letters from the courts and the MP@@...

I do so knowing full well what i do and what the site is about and it's use by it's users...unlike so many other sites and staff that down tools and hide with any sign of trouble leaving it's users high and dry...
cddvdheaven123

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Hath wrote:How can you defend them when they were selling warez?

so, i guess it's ok to narc on every torrent site that solicits payments too?
MrFredPFL

Postby wgsme » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:12 pm

fucking scene narc's. fucking p2p narc's. You release information you might as fucking well be working for these do gooders. I'm on my "secure" site la la la la. "fuck you rented pricks you aren't cool yo". scene and p2p don't know much about each other(in general).

you "sceners" ask your self do you want the narcs who fucking put kids, mums and dads in jail or severely out of pocket. of course you fuckin wouldn't, purge those pricks(lowies). purge those do gooders too.

That nfo could have gone. "TVLAND selling leech" let people make up their own fucking mind. Everyone fucking knows it sold leech wang. and fuck that ip info(if a siteop wants ip info i'm sure netstat would tell them no need to broadcast). YOUR A LEGEND... fucking lowie! The thought process must be fucking basic for these people.

1. Release shit nfo
2. already a legend

Reality
1. release shit nfo
2. piss off good people
3. take down people you might know
4. take down sites which aren't related
5. take down affils which may be on your own site
6. hated by the real world
7. loved by other narcs and lowies.
8. you goto sleep at night knowing your a lowie.

Here is how i see things. private p2p sites full of assholes who think they own the world. Scene is full of those same assholes(and you might find they are even the same people haha). The choice you have is a. join scene and contribute / spread shit. b. start your own topsite(in turn become an asshole). c. join a large bittorrent site and rely on the smoke screen of other users to hide you. d. don't download shit.

Most of those options are shit, so pick your poison and start with it. A few notes about selling leech. It is not good practice. One must understand that 9 slaves with 5TB each 1gbit is not cheap. No one person can afford that on their own let alone justify the expense. How ever 4 irl friends might contribute and get themselves 1 slave and they can get all the shit they want. It is hard for people to even justify that expense so to minimize it they sell leech(because they might only know 4 irl people who know how to use a computer). I don't trust other internet peeps unless I've met them at a LAN or something.

It happens everywhere even on the "secure" sites. If someone is running a big setup and not selling it must be some sort of organization because no normal man can afford it. Although the reason non-rented is attractive is 4 irl friends could have 4 20TB servers at home(i'm sure someone donated a bit of cash no matter what they say). Only 4 parties making it that much easier to know just who everyone really is. But there is still every chance that you have dirty racers and 1 of those 4 might be selling.

You can't know everything or control everything.

My story. I parted bittorrent communities. i later parted scene communities. I spent less time on my PC and worked more hours(got a tan lol). I walked into sanity and bought myself a music CD and a dvd. Paid for some computer games and beer. now i just read news on my PC and chat a bit on irc every now and then. I keep contact with most internet people i "know". I sleep at night knowing that my door isn't getting kicked in tomorrow for nerding on my PC. One day i might even get foxtel.
wgsme

Postby Hath » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:53 pm

wgsme, you are a massive oozing asshole. You have no clue idea what you are talking about. Make sure you are knowledgeable about a subject before trying to make a point. When you don't, it makes you look like a douche.
Hath

Postby wgsme » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:04 pm

Hath wrote:wgsme, you are a massive oozing asshole. You have no clue idea what you are talking about. Make sure you are knowledgeable about a subject before trying to make a point. When you don't, it makes you look like a douche.

well that's me then isn't it.
wgsme

Postby Paladwyn » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:13 pm

And who says there is no drama left... Wow guys...

Uhh..just because an admin hasn't said it yet..here it goes. No namecalling and flaming and crap, it really brings the community down. Try to keep it civil please?
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Paladwyn wrote:And who says there is no drama left... Wow guys...

Uhh..just because an admin hasn't said it yet..here it goes. No namecalling and flaming and crap, it really brings the community down. Try to keep it civil please?

what he said. :idea:
MrFredPFL

Postby xforce » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:19 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:
Hath wrote:How can you defend them when they were selling warez?

so, i guess it's ok to narc on every torrent site that solicits payments too?

i think there is a difference between a site that sells software or dvds or whatever versus a site that requests donations. i think its a freedom that makes the difference, if i am understanding the situation correctly.
xforce the pirate.
xforce

Next

Return to Slyck News