Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Bluetack Blocks WinMX (Yet Again)

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Bluetack Blocks WinMX (Yet Again)

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 pm

i'd like to hear moore's answer, thanks.

perhaps i should rephrase the question.

moore, when this IP is unblocked, will it be, to your knowledge, the only IP address provided by Time-Warner that isn't on that list?
MrFredPFL

Postby Aaron.Walkhouse » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:51 pm

You probably have to go to Bluetack to get his attention again.
It was I who brought him here to look at the matter.
Aaron.Walkhouse

Postby Dazzle_2 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:18 pm

You could of course just post the Bluetack policy statement that specifies what is or is not considered "blockable", I,m certain that will answer MrFreds query.
Dazzle_2

Postby Aaron.Walkhouse » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:20 am

Moore did, and I quoted it. It's as simple as it always was.
Aaron.Walkhouse

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 pm

so then what you're saying is that by policy, all customers of TWT in any form are blocked. this would of course include AOL and RoadRunner, and amounts to somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 million customers.

in which case, how do you reconcile that with the way you repeatedly ridicule people who say that millions of innocent users are blocked by this list?

Aaron.Walkhouse wrote:There was an implication that huge numbers of residential customers were blocked. It's simply not so, has never been so and never will be.
so perhaps we're not living on the same planet as those millions upon millions upon millions of unfortunate souls who can't use P2P and apparently can't tell us about it either..

i live on earth, which is the same planet all the millions of Time-Warner's customers are on, as far as i am aware. that's in addition to any people on any other ISP.

Aaron.Walkhouse wrote:Those who cannot or will not educate themselves properly on this subject shouldn't bother lying about any part of it because they are always discredited by their own words and actions.

:roll:
MrFredPFL

Postby Aaron.Walkhouse » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:27 am

When were AOL and RoadRunner ever blocked? By anyone? :roll:
Aaron.Walkhouse

Postby MrFredPFL » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:18 pm

time warner owns aol and roadrunner, just as they own the hosting provider that winmxworld uses. that's why i said to moore that i got the impression that it was NOT policy to block all IP addresses from TWT. instead, you stepped in to emphatically state that it was.

you have zero credibility left with me, aaron. i don't know what, if any, your official capacity with bluetack is - but i think they would be best served by you not professing to speak for them. you seem to be incapable of discussing this calmly and rationally. your participation in this thread has been dominated by personal attacks, namecalling, and misleading statements, and you do bluetack no favors by representing them like that.
MrFredPFL

Postby Aaron.Walkhouse » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:45 pm

You misinterpreted the facts again? Time Warner, the media giant, does indeed
own more than one ISP, but TWT is Time Warner Telecom, recently renamed "tw telecom" without
the words Time or Warner in it's name anymore. It is a distinct entity owned along with the
other ISPs, and is the one devoted exclusively to business customers and inexpensive rented
websites.
People who actually work on these things have known them for years, long before
they dropped the parent company from their name.

I have already stated clearly why I spoke up and also that I don't have to apologize for
caring about what I say or do. If I see another unwarranted attack by a pack of liars
I'll do it again even if you are the target next time. People who think one should
let such things pass unchallenged in hopes of finding peace in passivity are just
plain wrong and enable such prats to do it again. I kicked ass, got some attention
and solved the problem on the spot because I didn't let them get away with it again.
That's how it is done and how peace is made. There may be a time for peacekeepers,
but those times are rare and peacekeeping is counterproductive when it would fail to
assertively resolve the conflict.

Learn to moderate with your balls instead of the surliness and cleverness you are trying
to fake it with and you'll be able to end fights without insulting and trying (and failing)
to belittle people who just happen to have an opinion (right or wrong) and a strong voice
to express it. Credibility with armchair spectators has never been a priority with me so
pontificate all you want but don't expect me to consider that attitude to be nothing more
than a poorly-delivered joke dropped after the real act has left the stage and the chairs
are back on the tables. Image
Aaron.Walkhouse

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 pm

i don't ask you to apologize for caring about what you do. i never have.

it seems to me that if you made such a big distinction between their branches, which was less than apparent from previous posts (both yours and moore's), you could have said so much sooner. you stated that time warner is a major media company with known anti p2p sympathies as explanation for the ip ban. forgive me for thinking this applies to a roadrunner customer as much as it applies to a TWT customer.

while you call yourself a champion moderator, in reality you look for a fight rather than a way to solve one, as the post from moore on bluetack's forum about moderation recommends. furthermore, you repeatedly consider yourself exempt from observing any rules about flaming and namecalling, even after specific requests to observe them.

you solved no problem, you made it clear that if YOU were making policy decisions, nothing would have changed, and all you would have offered was more personal attacks, which you were specifically asked to stop. instead, moore calmly posted (something you have shown yourself incapable of doing lately) and solved it himself. you solved nothing. first you poured gas on a fire, and then you take credit for moore coming in and dealing with it.
MrFredPFL

Postby Dazzle_2 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

I wouldnt waste your breath Mr Fred he has shown his colours and whilst I have time for Moore and his more experienced way of dealing with our problem, aaron has already lost all credibility and the respect I once had for a fellow network defender.

Being anti P2P is all I care to know about anyone, after they cross that line I and the rest of the many hundreds of thousands of P2p users on the network I represent no longer care for their malicious words.

Cheers once more to Moore for showing that a hand of reason is at the tiller of the Bluetack ship.
Dazzle_2

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:44 pm

Dazzle_2 wrote:Cheers once more to Moore for showing that a hand of reason is at the tiller of the Bluetack ship.

amen. enough said.
MrFredPFL

Previous

Return to WinMX