Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

It is time to celebrate

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

It is time to celebrate

Postby luxor500 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:12 am

story http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/02/techn ... ref=slogin

[quote]The Federal Communications Commission formally voted Friday to uphold the complaint against Comcast, the nation’s largest cable company, saying that it had illegally inhibited users of its high-speed Internet service from using popular file-sharing software. The decision, which imposes no fine, requires Comcast to end such blocking this year.

Well - if this does not deserve some kind of celebration - I"m not sure what does (my birthday - excepted). If you live in the USA the King Kong of ISPs has just been told quite firmly that it can not and must not intefere with the rights of its customers to fully avail themselves of the services the company is charging them for.

Furthermore, the article implies that there is a very good chance that Congress will enshrine this into law. Personally, I would bet the farm on this actually happening once there is a change in administrations.

Break Out The Champagne kiddies! :toast:
"If man can not solve this problem - I can..." Colossus
luxor500

Re: It is time to celebrate

Postby Fartingbob » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:34 am

i hope ISPs here (Virgin media in particular) get a firm elbow to the face. Throttling a protocol that can be used for transferring anything is wrong. Throttle those who are using excessive bandwidth at busy times. Anything more is just taking the piss.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:07 am

thanks for this, luxor :)

in the future, check out this link for stories like this. that gets it on the front page ;)
MrFredPFL

Postby luxor500 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:29 am

MrFredPFL wrote:thanks for this, luxor :)

in the future, check out this link for stories like this. that gets it on the front page ;)

Thanks for the tip. Will do so in the future. :howdy:
"If man can not solve this problem - I can..." Colossus
luxor500

Return to BitTorrent