Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

So, is This It for Original News on Slyck?

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: So, is This It for Original News on Slyck?

Postby enigmax » Wed May 07, 2008 6:14 am

A lack of original articles here eh? A bit rich coming from a ZP employee :P

Our article 2 days ago

ZP's article 14 hours ago

Ready made Google search link for this text here

A whole section copy/pasted from TorrentFreak :lol: Naughty naughty. And linking to someone else is just wrong :roll:

Or is it wrong? Maybe it's perfectly fine? Actually, i've just changed my mind. All for one and one for all. Take what you like - after all, people only pirate good stuff :D

Arrrrr! :pirate: :P :pirate: :P :pirate: :P :pirate:
enigmax

Postby multivariable » Wed May 07, 2008 10:26 am

enigmax wrote:A whole section copy/pasted from TorrentFreak :lol: Naughty naughty. And linking to someone else is just wrong :roll:

Or is it wrong? Maybe it's perfectly fine? Actually, i've just changed my mind. All for one and one for all. Take what you like - after all, people only pirate good stuff :D

No, it is wrong. But that's no more than you'd expect from ZeroPaid.

Don't confuse the plagiarist with the pirate. A true pirate would have no problems about gloating where they'd stolen their ill-gotten treasure from. ZeroPaid clearly doesn't understand the pirate's code.

Of course, ZeroPaid's decision to do such a thing has nothing whatsoever to do with IceCube.

If I gave a shit about what happens at ZeroPaid I'd be more concerned about their willingness to employ a reporter who needs constant ego-stroking, and whose literary skills would embarrass my fourteen year old son.
multivariable

Postby Dazzle_2 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm

*cough*

I think the lynch party is over folks, lets move on, as a plain user here I can say quite honestly the crews news output has been up and down for a while but those regulars who post the external news I come here to read keep the place alive, and as we all agree while thats the case we will continue to look to Slyck for news and informed opinion, thats not to say we shouldnt read "other" news on different sites, after all we all need perspective.

Having run my own busy website site for 3 years I guess I know how Toms feels and the weight of responsibility that sometimes turns something enjoyable into a burden, the cure of course is a break from the drudge and a reassessment of plans, tommorrow after all is another day.
Dazzle_2

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Wed May 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Dazzle_2 wrote:*cough*

I think the lynch party is over folks, lets move on, as a plain user here I can say quite honestly the crews news output has been up and down for a while but those regulars who post the external news I come here to read keep the place alive, and as we all agree while thats the case we will continue to look to Slyck for news and informed opinion, thats not to say we shouldnt read "other" news on different sites, after all we all need perspective.

^This. Lets not let this thread degenerate into a mud slinging match.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby multivariable » Thu May 08, 2008 12:30 am

Fair enough.

@ IceCube: Sorry for any hurt I've caused you over the last few days. I was out of line.

As for me, I think it's time I took a break from Slyck for a while...
multivariable

Postby bluebird » Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 am

:( Oh no not another one!!
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun x
bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby curzlgt » Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 am

There seems to be a lot of deep and personal wounds that have been generated during the last couple months over this whole "issue". I think its really a shame. This kind of thing seems to happen every time someone is "pushed" outta here. Or they feel "pressured" to leave. Some, I'll be honest I've been glad to see leave......................

Others I like to see come back *cough* danny *cough* and Ice of course. Obviously feelings have been hurt. Misunderstanding have occurred. Perceptions have gone out of control.......................

What I know is that the community, the commenting, is what usually keeps regular members posting here. Certainly we don't all share the same opinions here. but usually civil discussions is what keeps most of us coming back here. Friendships devolpe over time. It is a shame to see those friendships dissolve over misunderstanding and misinterpretations. Look, none of us ever has the opportunity to look each other in the eyes, we have to go by words and pride alone. Pride gets the best of even the best of us, and our words don't always reflect our intent despite our best efforts................

All to often we let our pride, and our perceptions of others actions and our opinions of their thought processes predigest us in our own thought process........

All too often though I fear that those who feel the need to leave forget is that they leave behind friends, simply because they had disagreement with a few here.

Hell, I'm one of the more contentious members here. I have had disagreement whit some who I consider my closest friend here. Fred, multi, Lj, even Tom. But like in real life, I'll step back and take it all in, our fun times as well as contentious times. weigh it all anfd come to the conclusion that thats just a part of being a member of a place like this................

I'm rambling i guess. But What I'm trying to say I guess is mainly, If someone has made friends of a lot of people in a givin place, do not abandon them because a disagreement with a few of those friends. and obviously try to gain understanding with the friends that pushed one away.

I find it all too easy to dissolve friendships "on the internet" just because we don't actually see each other face to face. the irony though is that "internet friend" are often far more honest, and at times brutal than true "face to face" friends..................

In closing everybody need to grow up a little :P
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long, plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side,” - Hunter S Thompson
curzlgt

Previous

Return to Tell us what you think