Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Demonoid Imposter/fake

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Demonoid Imposter/fake

Postby Lee1001 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:10 pm

http://torrentstorage.com/

It's so badly done,who are they trying to fool?
Lee1001

Re: Demonoid Imposter/fake

Postby SlyckRay » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Like I always say [never] - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery [skript kiddie ripoff].
SlyckRay

Postby ejonesss » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:40 pm

it is http://www.torrentstorage.com

what is imposter about them other than trying to look like demonoid?

are they charging for downloads and possibly working for the anti p2p groups?
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby honz318712 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:37 pm

Doesn't seem like they're trying to duplicate Demonoid's look, seems more like they are just influenced by it. Maybe to show respect to Demonoid?

Looks like its hosted in the U.S., why would a torrent site want to be hosted in the U.S.? Isn't that just asking for problems? Why would anyone put so much work into making a site in those conditions?
honz318712

Postby bestfriend » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm

honz318712 wrote:Doesn't seem like they're trying to duplicate Demonoid's look, seems more like they are just influenced by it. Maybe to show respect to Demonoid?

Looks like its hosted in the U.S., why would a torrent site want to be hosted in the U.S.? Isn't that just asking for problems? Why would anyone put so much work into making a site in those conditions?

A tracker site hosted in the united states in not that uncommon
Here is one http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/r ... entbox.com

Its all about complying with DMCA as both sites do.
Its stupid webmasters that refuse to remove torrents that get shutdown. Remove the fucking torrent and wait for a new one to come

My buddy runs a private torrent site in the USA and has had many lawyers write him threating to sue/prosecute ..
And 8 out of 10 times its the host that buckles to their rude and threatening emails
His site is 7 years old and still going
Learn the laws in the USA before you talk about something you have no idea about

As a paralegal wrote

Currently the US copyright laws were never intended to address the issues of legal and illegal downloading on the internet. The last time the copyright law was updated was way before the internet was what it is today. All that being said, large copyright holders are attempting to sue large web sites in an effort to stop the posting of unauthorized copyrighted material. So far however there has been no precedence set by the courts on how to handle this.

Right now you are doing the most important first step (which is what U-Tube and other sites are also doing), if a copyright holder notifies you that the material posted by someone else is protected and should not be posted and you remove it in a timely manner you are "reducing" your risk of exposure, for now. That isn't to say someday down the line a copyright holder might not try to sue you, but lawsuits are expensive and until their is legal precedence with the big companies, most copyright holders will start with a demand (request for removal) and as long as you comply with those demands in a timely manner you should avoid some problems. One option you do have (that other companies are starting to do is adding language in their sign up materials for the people posting the torrents that says if the site owner - you- find that a torrent has been posted by a non-copyright holder, you will exercise your right to cancel the membership of the poster and bar them from all future postings to the site. This could help you in the future by showing you are aggressive towards illegal posting of copyrighted material.
bestfriend

Postby honz318712 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:18 pm

ahh.. thanks for clearing that up for me.
honz318712

Postby Lee1001 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:41 am

I posted on their Subdemon site that I thought all they had to do to remain in Canada was to remove all the music files,the CRIA has no say in their other torrents,then take the time to look for another location,and then add them back,in the meantime they would still have been up,for suggesting this I got banned!
Lee1001

Postby kellypi » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:34 am

Lee1001 wrote:I posted on their Subdemon site that I thought all they had to do to remain in Canada was to remove all the music files,the CRIA has no say in their other torrents,then take the time to look for another location,and then add them back,in the meantime they would still have been up,for suggesting this I got banned!

not to say i agree with your banning but if you read the rules of subdemon youll see this:

This forum is not file sharing related in any way, its just a way to help the community stay together.
No file sharing discussions

so you broke the very first rule. subdemon isnt about fileshare, i havent joined it, i find it rather boring honestly

i dont know if the people from demonoid are involved in sub. dont care honestly. your suggestion wasnt a bad one. i dont know if it would work though since allegedly one of the ministers involved in the canadian copyright bill is 'very close to' the guy who heads up our version of the mpaa, and i think theyre not the only ones in bed together probably
~always keep a smile on your face~
~that way everyone will think you're crazy and won't mess with you :) ~
kellypi

Postby Lee1001 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:43 am

You're proberly right,but really that's the main topic there on their site.I've kinda rejoined,via Tor,just to read the absolute crap some members write there ,it's hilarious.
Lee1001

Postby bestfriend » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Yea the sub demon board is full of a bunch of sad souls ..

I never joined or do i ever intend to join that board. I browsed over a few threads and thats all it took.

I would hate to be a moderator at subdemon . I would probably become suicidal after a couple month having to read the same posts over and over again. Its the same stupid theory's and stupid questions over and over.
Who wants to read that bullshit?
Any how i can see this http://torrentstorage.com going places.

observation

The site is a cockroach .. Every place i go that is bit torrent related i see the damn link..

I would have to say in 12 months it will be on the top 3 list of the biggest torrent trackers in the world
bestfriend

Postby bestfriend » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Looks like the site is still up and going.
bestfriend

Postby scar » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:01 am

so is the original http://www.demonoid.com/
scar

Postby ejonesss » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:42 am

it is probably a demonoid want to be that came up to fill the void created by the loss of demonoid.

however i wrote a reply to the poster who posted the announcement about fake torrents and here is a copy

fake torrents

from your announcement of torrents being around 500 meg.

500 meg alone is not a guarantee that it is fake since many movies of that size are divx.

there are many divx codecs like xvid and 3ivx that make files that can fit onto a cd.

also there is mpeg4 and h264 that can make files of that size too.

i have seen for example a hd movie in h264 full hd resolution be only 2 to 4 gig.

also the fakers can add other junk to the file to make it bigger.

however a dead give away is if they claim it is a full dvd at 500 meg with the exception of individual episodes of cartoons or shows that are 30 minutes

normal movies for a dvd 5 is around 4 gig and a dvd 9 can be anywhere up to 8 gig

now on a dvd 9 it is quite normal to find the extras to have 500 meg vobs if they are individual extras.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby Lee1001 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 am

5 years later there's another one.Fake that is.

http://www.demonoid.mk/
Lee1001

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion